49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Survive and advance. We did. Does Bruce get to play in the next game?

I didn’t realize you could get a yellow for pulling your jersey off! Bruce should have known better.

1 Like

Was watching with no sound and didn’t even realize we got a red card. Kind of figured Bruce was getting a yellow for pulling off his jersey, but didn’t know he already had one. What a bonehead thing to do.
Would have been a sorry way to end his senior season if he cost his team the match.

That was his first. 2nd was a few minutes later where it looked like the Ga St kid had his cleat up near Bruce’s head. Not sure what Bruce did to her the card.

Probably said something that pissed off the ref.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article221753545.html

That officiating was horrid. What we got vs. OK State in basketball, the soccer gods have taken away. Glad we stayed calm and put the PKs in the back of the net.

How damn bone headed can you be!! What a stupid thing for a senior leading scorer to do. Now that’s what I would call pulling a Niner. Damn!

So bruce can’t play but are we down a position too? I don’t know soccer rules very well.

We’ll still have 11 on the field; however, Bruce won’t be one of those 11.

If i was still in college I’d drive to blacksburg. Unfortunately, life happens

1 Like

Looks like this game will be shown on ESPN 3 on Sunday.

bump - stem please. He deserves it especially after last night’s game.

1 Like

Lost at Va Tech 1-0. I’m saying the team will be even better next season.

Niners finish 14-5-2.

Had two shots so close they had to be video reviewed and a third that was cleared off the goal line by a defender after the GK was beat.

They played their asses off in the final 15:00 of the match. Just would not go in. So frustrating.

Had several point blank chances. One literally 6 inches from crossing line after getting past the goalie and another off the cross bar. Both in last 10 minutes. Brutal misses.

What could make this loss more painful? How about this : James Madison 2, CHeat 1.
We would have been playing the next round at home, or at least not in Chapel Hill.