49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Soccer is a cruel sport. A matter of inches often decides the match. And the referee has so much power to often decide the game as well.

2 Likes

Speaking of refs, how many yellow cards did we get yesterday? Feels like a dozen.

more than we deserved and less than they did. I recall 3. I saw VPI get away with a lot more and we’d get whistled for the same crap. Then later the refs would blow the whistle for the smallest of bumps it would seem. I thought the refs called it very tight. Nothing at a critical moment though.

Every ACC team has been eliminated except one. (Va and Notre Dame are currently playing against each other).
Half the friggin’ national seeds and mostly playing at home. Think that league may be over rated?

Stanford advanced in a shootout and will play Akron, who took down #1 seed Wake Forest.

Kentucky is still in! Go CUSA!

#3 UK vs #11 Maryland tonight in Elite Eight action

1 Like

Cats suffer first home loss of season as they fall to the Terps 1-0 in front of 3,200+

1 Like

Akron 3, Stanford 2

Indiana 1, Notre Dame 0 (last ACC school eliminated)

Two unseeded teams out of 4 in the College Cup semifinals.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

2019 Schedule released…
Nationally-Ranked 49ers Release Their 2019 Schedule

Circle Sept 15

Anyone know what our rank is, and who ranked us?

They mean we were ranked at some point in time. :wink:

We are ranked in most every men’s soccer poll, almost every season actually.

If I recall correctly, we were pre-season ranked, forget which poll. Not uncommon for us. Actually more uncommon for us not to be ranked the last decade or so.

1 Like
1 Like