49ers to face likely Number 1

Okay 49ers, here’s one of those rare opportunities that don’t come around often, a cahnce to see the number 1 ranked team in the country. On top of that, it’s on our campus!

The UNC Greensboro soccer team will face the 7-4-1 49ers this coming Saturday at 7:00 pm at Transamerica Field. I ecourage all 49ers to show up and cheer on the soccer team.

If they can defeat the #7 USC Gamecocks, why not the Spartans?

Kicked up to top spot? UNCG stakes its claim, Greensboro News & Record

I actually reffed UNCG’s game yesterday. They’re a good team but beatable. They’re small in the back but very feisty. You’ve got to stop their center forward. He’s a great player.

The game Saturday is HUGE. Hopefully, Charlotte can play strong at home for once. They’re coming off 6 straight ROAD WINS. Need a big crowd.

I absolutely loathe and despise soccer, but if i was gonna be in town this weekend, i would go to this game

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 07:48 AM [b] I actually reffed UNCG's game yesterday. They're a good team but beatable. They're small in the back but very feisty. You've got to stop their center forward. He's a great player.

The game Saturday is HUGE. Hopefully, Charlotte can play strong at home for once. They’re coming off 6 straight ROAD WINS. Need a big crowd. [/b]

you’re a SOCCER REF…
that explains alot. :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 09:16 AM [b] you're a SOCCER REF... that explains alot. :D [/b]
Yeah, like how he can run the length of the field without getting winded, unlike certain other posters :P
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Oct 18 2004, 08:28 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Oct 18 2004, 08:28 AM)
[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 01:51 PM [b] I am running a half marathon Dec 7 [/b]

So that means you’re just going to stop at the fridge and drink your beer there as opposed to taking it back to your recliner? :stuck_out_tongue:

I see my friend metro has returned. Speaking of small and fiesty. I believe metro was a 5’8" junk pitchet.

metro metro metro…

watching half of the south park marathon doesn’t qualify. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Oct 18 2004, 08:59 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Oct 18 2004, 08:59 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Aberlour[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 09:05 AM [b] I see my friend metro has returned. Speaking of small and fiesty. I believe metro was a 5'8" junk pitchet. [/b]
something like that :rolleyes:
[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 09:08 AM [b] I have been running consistently for a year now [/b]
Now, that's impressive. :o

The men’s team plays at Louisville before Saturday’s home game.

Charlotte beats Marquette 2-1

This would be a good time to finally win another game at home. Unfortunately, I will miss the game watching my son play soccer in Charleston.

GO NINERS!

[b]If they can defeat the #7 USC Gamecocks, why not the Spartans?[/b]

Cause the Spartans RULE at soccer! You Niners don’t have a chance! We mopped up the ACC competition and now we’ll mop up C-USA. Fear our wrath!

Go Spartans!

(Hey, I gotta root for one of my new school’s teams!)

Auggie Busch lived to be an old man. Foote kicked while jogging at about 48 or 50. There’s a lesson in there guys.

Ain’t that the truth, hootie. But then, I had two heart attacks before age 43 so what do I know…

metro, that’s impressive, although the thought of you in runner’s shorts disgusts me. :lol: Tell us, when the going gets tough, who is the hot babe you are imagining will greet you at the finish line?

[SIZE=1]I did quietly celebrate the 4-yr anniversary of it on Sunday though.[/SIZE] :drink:

Metro, I’m impressed. It is very likely that now you are a better runner than I. Any chance I could be a better pitcher than you now :stuck_out_tongue: ?

[SIZE=3]The 49ers return home to battle #1 UNC Greensboro, Saturday, October 23 at 7 pm at Transamerica Field. [/SIZE]

UNCG is #1 in the Nation and we just beat Louisville 2-0 on the road to get to 8-4-1.

Saturday night is HUGE!

I’ll be there. Hopefully it’ll be cold so I won’t be drunk for nothing.

I still can’t imagine how anyone can willingly run. I give it up to those of you that do, seriously, but I need a basketball in my hands, or a football, or some bases in between.
Running on the streets makes me think about stabbing myself.

Sideshow, you turncoat.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 09:55 PM [b] I still can't imagine how anyone can willingly run. [/b]
There are days I wonder the same thing when I am dragging myself out of bed at 5:30 AM to go out for the 5-miler around the neighborhood before heading to work.

Anyway, good luck Niner Futbolers against UNCG. Wish I could be there (and usually I would) but I will be in Charleston watching my son play in a tournament.

GO NINERS!!!