60 Years of History

Article

Nice article…Happy belated b-day Charlotte!!!

Any of those people mentioned in the article here on NNN by chance???

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;189546]Any of those people mentioned in the article here on NNN by chance???[/QUOTE]

Nah, Metro isn’t that old. :tongue:

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;189546]Any of those people mentioned in the article here on NNN by chance???[/QUOTE]
I work for a guy that was in the first graduating class with 4 year degrees… His Diploma actually reads Charlotte College and was one of two engineers that year.

Why don’t we have any founders day stuff going on? Seems like that is usually a big thing at other schools. We need to have a parade or something. Have a celebration near the belk tower. When we have football this should be one of our biggest weekends. We need tradition and this is one of the oldest things we have to celebrate. Whats the deal?

[QUOTE]
[B]Dennis Bunker [/B]admits he missed some classes during three weeks in 1977. That’s the year the men’s basketball team made their [I]first appearance[/I] in the NCAA Final Four.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we’ll be back.

There was a celebration last week on campus.

There was a celebration last week on campus.
1. It needs to be bigger. It should be something people talk about and look forward to every year. Local TV should get involved. We're Charlotte's largest university for christ's sake. Where's the love?? 2. The school really needs to work on getting it's messages out. I had no idea about this thing. Another example is, except for on here, I have heard and seen nothing about midnight madness yet. This might be my own fault. Someone let me know if it is.

Basketball Madness info has been posted at the top of charlotte49ers.com for a few weeks. They should send out emails and market the hell out of it on campus. Surprised you haven’t seen anything. It’s for the students.

I didn’t realize that we were only the 4th school in the UNC system, who were the other 3 at the time? chapel hill, raleigh, and somewhere else?

[QUOTE=Asheville9er;189834]I didn’t realize that we were only the 4th school in the UNC system, who were the other 3 at the time? chapel hill, raleigh, and somewhere else?[/QUOTE]
UNC Greensboro joined in 1932.

It is absolutely AMAZING how big this school is, how much has been built, how much is still being and slated to be built, the amount of research $'s, etc. this school has for not being around that long… especially when compared to other University of North Carolina schools. One thing we ARE #1 in the state in: Growth from time of existence… just amazing.

Speaking of which, I can’t wait until they build the new student union. It is going to look awesome in when approach it between the new education and public health buildings…

I’m also looking forward to walking through that plaza before bball games.

Dude it is hot… I hope they put a fountain in the middle with benches all around… total sexness

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;190148]It is absolutely AMAZING how big this school is, how much has been built, how much is still being and slated to be built, the amount of research $'s, etc. this school has for not being around that long… especially when compared to other University of North Carolina schools. One thing we ARE #1 in the state in: Growth from time of existence… just amazing.

Speaking of which, I can’t wait until they build the new student union. It is going to look awesome in when approach it between the new education and public health buildings…

I’m also looking forward to walking through that plaza before bball games.[/QUOTE]
I’m just trying to imagine all the growth between now and when my kids (which I don’t have yet) attend Charlotte. Growth rate is truley amazing!

[QUOTE=Asheville9er;189834]I didn’t realize that we were only the 4th school in the UNC system, who were the other 3 at the time? chapel hill, raleigh, and somewhere else?[/QUOTE]
ECU is third, barely.

[QUOTE=C49er;190157]ECU is third, barely.[/QUOTE]

UNC Greensboro joined in 1932
UNC Charlotte joined in 1965
East Carolina joined in 1972

[URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_North_Carolina]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_North_Carolina[/URL]

[QUOTE=C49er;190157]ECU is third, barely.[/QUOTE]
he’s not talking about size.