A-10 all conference team: De'Angelo on 3rd team

[QUOTE=survivor45;222712]EJ should have made one of the teams, too.[/QUOTE]

At least honorable mention for having finished 2nd in rebounding and in the top 20 in scoring and minutes played.

I love my team and there were some good things even about this team, BUT losing teams do not get players picked for ALL-ANYTHING. Nor should they. That’s like that ridiculous new thing in youth sports where everyone gets a trophy no matter what happened during the year. HA! I’m old school. Can you tell?

[QUOTE=49er1;222740]I love my team and there were some good things even about this team, BUT losing teams do not get players picked for ALL-ANYTHING. Nor should they. That’s like that ridiculous new thing in youth sports where everyone gets a trophy no matter what happened during the year. HA! I’m old school. Can you tell?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Hard to b**** when you’re losing games.

Matt Vatour gives his “2 cents” on his blog at the Daily Hamphsire Gazette…

I had planned to do this earlier, but I've had lots of loose ends to tie up before heading to the Jersey Shore. Here's a couple quick thoughts before bed.

Media and coaches vote for for A-10 Preseason awards, but just the coaches for the postseason ones, which works out well because it allows the media to pick apart the awards without remorse.

I give credit to the A-10 for going back to three all-conference teams of five players instead of last year’s two teams of 10 foolishness.

I did find it interesting that the league’s first team included no guards.

I think Carl Elliott got robbed. GW’s do anything point guard could have been an MVP candidate for all he brings to that roster and he’s on the third team?

Justin Doellman is a fine player, but Drew Lavender should have been a first teamer.

Mark Tyndale leads the A-10 in scoring in conference games and is only honorable mention. Seems to me that performance in conference games should be given the most weight, certainly not less.

If Travis Ford hadn’t hyped his team up so much, he’d be coach of the year as UMass already has 10 more wins that last year.

Link: DailyHampshireGazette.com

[QUOTE=run49er;222797]Matt Vatour gives his “2 cents” on his blog at the Daily Hamphsire Gazette…[/QUOTE]

Stunner. From what NA said, out of league games don’t matter.

[QUOTE=s9er;222799]Stunner. From what NA said, out of league games don’t matter.[/QUOTE]

If you’re going to be a dipshit about it, let’s track the conversation:

[QUOTE=S9er]Finishing sub 500 and in the lower part of the league will do that.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate]little redundant, dontcha think? sub 500 = lower half.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=S9er]No, not really. You can go 16-12 and finish in the lower half of the league[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate]Overall record is meaningless to conference finish.[/QUOTE]

Word of advice: If you’re going to try cheap attacks, at least have them make sense.

'preesh.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;222802]If you’re going to be a dipshit about it, let’s track the conversation:

Word of advice: If you’re going to try cheap attacks, at least have them make sense.

'preesh.[/QUOTE]

You fired the first shot, I just happend to take the last. If you can’t follow along, I’m sorry.

P.S. People quit saying 'preesh in 1994

Everyone who’s complaining about D.A. not making better than 3rd team…you do know that f.g.% does get taken into consideration,right? Maybe even defense,a little bit.

[QUOTE=lucky57;222838] Maybe even defense,a little bit.[/QUOTE]

If the Niners had played a little bit of defense, there is a good chance they’d have had this Wednesday as a day off.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;222869]If the Niners had played a little bit of defense, there is a good chance they’d have had this Wednesday as a day off.[/QUOTE]

…hitting 70% of our FTs would have helped too.

Next year we’ll be the All-freshman team with Leemire 1st team. Will Phil and Dew be eligible for freshman team?

From today’s Big O…

[b]Atlantic 10 | Tournament Notes

ALL-CONFERENCE TEAMS[/b]

If you don’t play on a top team, you apparently have no chance at all-conference recognition.

And here’s the re-cap of the Atlantic 10 awards…

[b]POY and Defensive Player of the Year[/b]: Stephane Lasme, UMass [b]Coach of the Year[/b]: Jim Baron, Rhode Island [b]Rookie of the Year[/b]: Robert Mitchell, Duquesne [b]Sixth man[/b]: Charles Little, Dayton [b]Most Improved[/b]: Dionte Christmas, Temple [b]Student-Athlete of the Year[/b]: Keiron Achara, Duquesne

First Team
Stepane Lasme, UMass
Rashaun Freeman, UMass
Will Daniels, Rhode Island
Ahmad Nivins, Saint Joseph’s
Justin Doellman, Xavier

Second Team
Dionte Christmas, Temple
Bryant Dunston, Fordham
Drew Lavender, Xavier
Tommie Liddell, Saint Louis
Brian Roberts, Dayton

Third Team
De’Angelo Alexander, Charlotte
Stanley Burrell, Xavier
Pat Calathes, Saint Joseph’s
Carl Elliott, George Washington
Maureece Rice, George Washington

Honorable mention
Jimmy Baron, Rhode Island
Kevin Lisch, Saint Louis
Marcus Stout, Fordham
Mark Tyndale, Temple

All-Rookie
Robert Mitchell, Duquesne
Derrick Brown, Xavier
Jawan Carter, Saint Joseph’s
Dan Geriot, Richmond
Rodney Green, La Salle
Damian Hollis, George Washington

All-Defensive
Stephane Lasme, UMass
Justin Cage, Xavier
Keiron Achara, Duquesne
Kevin Lisch, Saint Louis
Carl Elliott, George Washington

Every team in the A-10, with the exception of St. Bonaventure, is represented on that list. That’s 13 out of 14 teams. That includes teams that went 13-3 in the A-10, one that went 3-13, and everything else in between. The Big O needs to let it go.