A-10 board post: "Are you sick of Charlotte?"

What, no love for the new kid on the block?! :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you sick of the Charlotte bandwagon?

WE have a bandwagon???..SWEET!!! (Who knew?)
-G-

[i]Originally posted by GMadness[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 04:43 PM [b] WE have a bandwagon!?!?!?....................SWEET!!!! (Who knew?) -G- [/b]
...and to think people were against this conference move.

For the 1st time in school history, we have a bandwagon :smiley:

This is one thread that I really hope Persinger notices.

Again, we have beat this horse into a pulp, but I STILL don’t get it.

How can we get NATIONAL press from ESPN, Andy Katz, Jay Bilas, SI, etc…so much so that A10 fans are sick of hearing about us…
yet…

our HOMETOWN newspaper still makes us play 5th fiddle on the back pages.
Our HOMETOWN newspaper…
Our CHARLOTTE newspaper…
Our HOMETOWN CHARLOTTE newspaper.

I don’t care what anybody says about “business decisions” or “selling papers”…the HOMETOWN CHARLOTTE newspaper has an obligation to care more about the CHARLOTTE school than other schools…period.

The Independent Tribune covers the Kannapolis Intimidators closely…why? Business decision? No. They are the LOCAL team and the LOCAL newspaper has an obligation to cover them.

How can we expect the local community/students/alumni base to have any local pride in the local school without the unconditional support of the local media?!

It’s like McDonalds advertising Chick-Fil-A nuggets on their own menu first because everyone likes their nuggets better!!!

Do you think ESPN and SI are worried about business decisions? I think so too…AND THEY GIVE US MORE INK THAN OUR OWN CHARLOTTE PAPER!!!

sorry for the same ol’ rant…but I feel much better now.

Off to Cali for my business trip.

When will you just shut the F*ck up about our observer coverage?

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 09:52 AM [b] When will you just shut the F*ck up about our observer coverage? [/b]
That's basically what my wife says to me as well, just nicer! :P
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 09:52 AM [b] When will you just shut the F*ck up about our observer coverage? [/b]
Hey Cybill.......can you please look up the word hypocrite for us please??

First…check your own signature.

Second…didn’t you post this in the “Cannonball” thread?

[b]I have lost any respect I may have gained at anypoint during my life for that pathetic piece of sh*t paper and it's staff.

The entire paper is an embarrassment to the city of Charlotte.
[/b]

PI Rules!!!

Pi, you are a class act.

First off, my signature is pointing out that Persinger is a hypocrite. It is not bitching about the coverage we get. Not to mention it is a quote from about a year ago. I don’t care if they cover us or not.

Second, this quote:

[b]I have lost any respect I may have gained at anypoint during my life for that pathetic piece of sh*t paper and it's staff.

The entire paper is an embarrassment to the city of Charlotte. [/b]

…has nothing to do with the coverage we get. The entire paper is an embarrassment.

You on the other hand turn every thread into a bitchfest about our coverage in the sports section.

Shouldn’t you be spending more time honing you punting skill for the Panthers scout team?

Official arbitrator says…
K Town wins

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 01:34 PM [b] Official arbitrator says..... K Town wins [/b]
Don't think so.
[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 01:34 PM [b] Official arbitrator says..... K Town wins [/b]
Chop, you should know better that when we argue, noone wins. It divides us as a NinerNation. Now, pass the bong and lets have another verse of "kum ba yah"
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Aug 9 2005, 02:08 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Aug 9 2005, 02:08 PM)
[i]Originally posted by RWORKMAN09+Aug 9 2005, 03:53 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (RWORKMAN09 @ Aug 9 2005, 03:53 PM)
Originally posted by 49erpi@Aug 9 2005, 02:08 PM [b]
[b]our HOMETOWN newspaper still makes us play 5th fiddle on the back pages. [/b]

We’re 9th fiddle, you forgot about ECU, WCU, Ap. St., and Queens :lmao:

i have to agree with ktown on this one. ktown made some valid points.

ktown, keep it up. one thing though. you are preaching to the choir.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 11:52 PM [b] i have to agree with ktown on this one. ktown made some valid points.

ktown, keep it up. one thing though. you are preaching to the choir. [/b]

He didn’t make any valid points, jackel.

That alone makes his post invalid.

For the slower of you out there…making fun of the observer and Mike P. is not complaining about 49er coverage. Try to pay attention and separate the two.

My signature he referenced is from an incident about 6 years ago.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 10 2005, 12:06 AM [b] My signature he referenced is from an incident about 6 years ago. [/b]
[b]First off, my signature is pointing out that Persinger is a hypocrite. It is not bitching about the coverage we get. Not to mention it is a quote from about a year ago.[/b]

SO which one is it? Six years ago or a year ago. You’re running in circles. Show some respect for the moderators and people who read this site for Niner information AND move on. Stop with your purposeful attempt to ruin the experience for the rest of us. Show some maturity, please.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Aug 10 2005, 11:50 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Aug 10 2005, 11:50 PM)
Originally posted by FFNiner@Aug 10 2005, 11:42 PM [b]

I do care to comment and did but NA deleted my post so I will write it again:

The incident referred to in my signature is from about 6 years ago. My signature itself is about one year old.

I brought up the incident in my signature last year because Persinger was attempting to make fun of two other cusa home town papers for not sending a writer on the road to cover their respective teams.

I found this hypocritical because about 6 years ago, the observer decided not to send our beat writer, Stan Olsen, to cover our entire holiday tournament.

Again, I don’t care about our coverage or lack there of, I just find the observer to be a joke in general and like to point it out from time to time.