A-10 board post: "Are you sick of Charlotte?"

[b] NinerMac has busted his butt for years to make this possible for Niner fans and many of us contribute financially. You contribute NOTHING, yet use it as your personal playground of insults and personal attacks.[/b]

Hey, this just inā€¦itā€™s a freakin message board.

Go preach to someone that cares what youā€™re babbling about.

FFNinerā€¦ I suggest you give the ā€œIgnoreā€ feature a shot.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 12:12 AM [b]
[b] NinerMac has busted his butt for years to make this possible for Niner fans and many of us contribute financially. You contribute NOTHING, yet use it as your personal playground of insults and personal attacks.[/b]

Hey, this just inā€¦itā€™s a freakin message board.

Go preach to someone that cares what youā€™re babbling about. [/b]

Just in. Some people pay money out of their own pockets to make this board possible. Itā€™s not just a freaking message board to many. To you, it obviously is. Moderators act in the best interest of the site, not you or anyone else.

[i]Originally posted by FFNiner+Aug 11 2005, 09:17 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (FFNiner @ Aug 11 2005, 09:17 AM)

PIā€™s right about us not covering a holiday tournament. Hereā€™s the first few paragraphs from the story, which might provide a clue as to why (hint, our city edition deadline is 12:30 a.m.):

YOUNG, PRICE, SMITH LEAD UNCC TO CLASSIC FINAL
Wednesday, December 30, 1998
Section: SPORTS
Edition: THREE
Page: 7B
By MICHAEL TSAI, Special Correspondent
Dateline: HONOLULU

UNCC Charlotte overcame a 16-point first-half deficit Tuesday night en route to a 70-68 victory over Hawaii in the semifinals of the Rainbow Classic.

Senior Galen Young led the 49ers with 22 points, seven rebounds and three assists. Senior Kelvin Price added 13 points and nine rebounds.

The 49ers face the winner of the Princeton-Texas semifinal in tonightā€™s championship game at 12:30 a.m. EST Thursday.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 10:25 AM [b] PI's right about us not covering a holiday tournament. Here's the first few paragraphs from the story, which might provide a clue as to why (hint, our city edition deadline is 12:30 a.m.):

YOUNG, PRICE, SMITH LEAD UNCC TO CLASSIC FINAL
Wednesday, December 30, 1998
Page: 7B
By MICHAEL TSAI, Special Correspondent

UNCC Charlotte overcame a 16-point first-half deficit Tuesday night en route to a 70-68 victory over Hawaii in the semifinals of the Rainbow Classic.

Senior Galen Young led the 49ers with 22 points, seven rebounds and three assists. Senior Kelvin Price added 13 points and nine rebounds.

The 49ers face the winner of the Princeton-Texas semifinal in tonightā€™s championship game at 12:30 a.m. EST Thursday. [/b]

Nice Try Mike. Weā€™ve been over this before. Shocking that you send writers to Hawaii when Duke, Wake and Chapel Hill play there.

Furthermore, Stan Olsen blew your cover back in 1998. I was still listening to 610 back then and he came on Packers show and stated that in a meeting regarding covering us, he was told that the observer would only send him if we were undefeated going into the tournament.

I remember very clearly because the observer caught a lot of crap on the radio over Stans comment.

And, for the record, this isnā€™t bitching about 49er coverage, it is just about exposing Persinger for the fraud that he is.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 10:36 AM [b] Shocking that you send writers to Hawaii when Duke, Wake and Chapel Hill play there.

ā€¦

And, for the record, this isnā€™t bitching about 49er coverage, it is just about exposing Persinger for the fraud that he is. [/b]

Wrong again, PI:

NORTH CAROLINA, in a national championship year (we didnā€™t even hire a stringer):

THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER

WOLVERINES WIN THRILLER OVER HEELS AT BUZZER
Wednesday, December 30, 1992

Edition: FOUR

Page: 1B

Observer News Services

Jalen Rose put in a 12-foot fallaway as time expired to give sixth-ranked
Michigan a 79-78 victory over No. 5 North Carolina in the semifinals of the
Rainbow Classic Tuesday night.

Michigan plays the winner of the late Kansas-Hawaii game tonight at 1 a.m.

North Carolina (8-1) plays the loser in the third-place game.

DUKE in the Rainbow Classic:

THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
DUKEā€™S PARKS, MEEK TEAM UP TO TOP TECH
Saturday, December 31, 1994
Edition: ONE - FOUR
Page: 6B
By JIM Oā€™CONNELL, Associated Press

Memo: COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Duke beat Georgia Tech 76-69 Friday in the first game played in the ACCā€™s Far West Division.

The inside duo of Cherokee Parks and Erik Meek combined for 33 points and 25 rebounds to lead the seventh-ranked Blue Devils to the victory over the 17th-ranked Yellow Jackets in the fifth-place game of the Rainbow Classic.

WAKE FOREST in the Rainbow Classic:

THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
VILLANOVA TOPPLES SLUMPING DEACONS
Friday, December 31, 1999
Edition: TWO-THREE
Page: 5C
Observer News Services
Illustration: Photo

Caption: Villanovaā€™s Johnny Holley blocks the path of Wake Forestā€™s Josh Shoemaker (right) Thursday in the Rainbow Classic.

Dateline: Honolulu

Malik Allen had 18 points and seven rebounds and Villanova used two big runs in each half to beat No. 19 Wake Forest 70-57 Thursday in the fifth-place game of the Rainbow Classic.

Brian Lynch broke out of a shooting slump by hitting two three-pointers in a 14-2 run for the Wildcats (6-3), who led 36-34 at halftime.

N.C. STATE in the Rainbow Classic:

THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
ILLINOIS RALLIES PAST WOLFPACK
Sunday, December 31, 1995
Page: 11C
Associated Press
Memo: COLLEGE BASKETBALL
A version of this story also ran on page 11C in edition 1. The photo ran in edition 3.

Illustration: Photo

Caption: Associated Press photo by ELAINE THOMPSON: N.C. Stateā€™s Todd Fuller holds his ground against Jerry Gee of Illinois, but the Illini won 85-76.

Kiwane Garris felt it was his responsibility to get his Illinois teammates back in sync and thatā€™s what he did Saturday against N.C. State in the fifth-place game of the Rainbow Classic.

The Illini (11-1) were struggling, down 13 points in the second half, when the point guard took charge.

NOW, what youā€™ll say next is that we should have sent someone because youā€™re Charlotte. Iā€™ll buy that one when you order your restaurant staff to cook a $2,500 buffet that wonā€™t be served until youā€™ve closed.

Mike, I noticed something about these articles.

Why did we get page 7 while the team located over 100 miles away got page 1?

Mike, are you gonna give last yearā€™s Super Bowl teams page 1 this year while giving the Panthers page 7?

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 01:27 PM [b] Why did we get page 7 while the team located over 100 miles away got page 1?

[/b]

You know, with things like the Internet and jet travel and such, 100 miles isnā€™t very far.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger+Aug 11 2005, 02:14 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mike_Persinger @ Aug 11 2005, 02:14 PM)
[b]Wrong again, PI:

NORTH CAROLINA, in a national championship year (we didnā€™t even hire a stringer):[/b]

Well I would find that disturbing except for the minor detail that YOU ARE NOT THEIR HOMETOWN PAPER.

I am sure that their HOME TOWN PAPER covered them.

I notice you didnā€™t dispute what I reported Stan cited as the reason.

You know what, donā€™t bother anwering. Youā€™re a fraud, regardless.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 03:30 PM [b] You're a fraud, regardless. [/b]
That's funny coming from you.

What Stan said on the radio, I have no idea. Iā€™ve been smart enough not to listen to WFNZ longer than you, obviously. And when that happened, I was not yet sports editor.

Hometown newspaper or not, if we canā€™t get it in time for publication, weā€™re not going, no matter who it is. Weā€™ll hire a stringer a one-twentieth the cost to do a day-late story.

As for Over40s no readers in Durham, etc., comment, do you know any ACC fans in Charlotte?

[b]That's funny coming from you. [/b]

Why is that Mike?

Youā€™re the guy that comes on this board to lie, spin and instigate our fans with back-handed compliments.

How is it that you have time to monitor this board so much? Shouldnā€™t you be spending more time trying to fix that pathetic sports section?

Iā€™m on vacation. Thanks for being my entertainment.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 04:44 PM [b] I'm on vacation. Thanks for being my entertainment. [/b]
If this is how you spend your vacation, nice life.

I think you may actually be on here less while on vacation, which would explain why your sports section is so embarrassing.

Mike, donā€™t you receive extra ā€œincentivesā€ to promote the queers in chapel hill and their acc counterparts? If you do not, you need to have a talk with some former employees.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 03:30 PM [b] Well I would find that disturbing except for the minor detail that YOU ARE NOT THEIR HOMETOWN PAPER. [/b]
OK....I'm not even going to mention the hypocricy here where YOU make the same point I did....but it's OK for you to do it yet you criticize me for making the same comment/opinion.

No. I will not mention the hypocricy in that at allā€¦oops.

Iā€™ll just leave with this earth shattering statement:

ā€œI AGREE WITH PIā€™s QUOTE ON THIS ONE!!!ā€

Hometown teams should get more ink from the hometown paperā€¦and we donā€™tā€¦and thereā€™s no excuse for itā€¦and itā€™s disgraceful.

You rock PI. Letā€™s share a milkshake sometime soon OKā€¦one glassā€¦two straws?

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er+Aug 11 2005, 08:11 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (KTown49er @ Aug 11 2005, 08:11 PM)
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 08:23 PM [b] Now if he could show me that the Raleigh paper did not cover Duke or UNC in a holiday tournament and compare it to how the Observer snubbed us, that would be acceptable, however he did not.

[/b]

So, when I pointed out that the Houston Chronicle and the Chicago Sun-Times, in two of the top 10 media markets in America, didnā€™t cover their hometown teams in meaningful regular season games that would make their deadlines so they could actually cover them and get something in the paper, as I did in your signature, that would be a sufficient comparison? I love it when a plan comes together!

Mike, are you going to ignore my question. Do you receive extra ā€œincentivesā€ to promote the tarholes and their acc counterparts over us? We all know Packer does. He has his acc show and carries over the promotion to his regular show.

Iā€™m not saying that you do or donā€™t but I have heard speculation that you do. The speculation has come from a graduate of unc-chapel hill too and not from anyone on this board.

I personally think you really like us but are not allowed to give us the credit that is way past due.