A-10 Men's Hoops 2007-08 Incoming Classes

This – from CollegeHoopsUpdate.com – is the most comprehensive, up-to-date list of incoming classes I have seen thus far.

CHU.com: Atlantic 10 2007-08 Incoming Classes

It includes transfers who are eligible this year after sitting out last season. [As such, transfers who will sit out this season are not included – Ben Eaves at URI (from UConn), Vernon Goodridge at La Salle (from Mississippi State) and Chis Matthews at Bona (from Washington State).]

In their ranking, the Niners have the 4th best class after Duquesne, Dayton, and UMass. BTW, I counted only 8 JUCOs total (half the A-10 didn’t sign any at all and Charlotte has the most with 2 – the CHU list doesn’t include walk-on Dijuan Harris).

[In addition, they list commits for the 2008-09 season, of which the A-10 has received 11 verbals thus far.]

GO A-10!

so GW and Xavier both have guys coming in at 7-3 - xaviers at 300lbs? should be fun, unless they are like ashevilles big guy who can run or play longer than 5 minutes

at 300lbs, I doubt he can play too long.

Phil Jones is 6-11 275lb give or take a few. so 7-3 300lb is not bad. Thats very proportional to his height.

Phil Jones is 6-11 275lb give or take a few. so 7-3 300lb is not bad. Thats very proportional to his height.

Yeah, at 7’3, if you arent at least close to 300 lbs, you are a rail. Like j4l said, thats pretty proportional.

LOL this reminds me of one of SKC’s classic threads… about how he thought all our players were too skinny. Haha I cant remember exactly, but I think he said if a player is 6’5, he should weigh like 260 pounds lol

Can someone pleease find that thread for me, it was one of the great ones :lol:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;241441]LOL this reminds me of one of SKC’s classic threads… about how he thought all our players were too skinny. Haha I cant remember exactly, but I think he said if a player is 6’5, he should weigh like 260 pounds lol

Can someone pleease find that thread for me, it was one of the great ones :lol:[/QUOTE]
You mean [URL=http://ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14329][B][U]this[/U][/B][/URL] thread? :biggrin: Classic!

You mean [URL=http://ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14329][B][U]this[/U][/B][/URL] thread? :biggrin: Classic!

YES!
WOW! He said if you are 6’3, you need to be AT LEAST 275!? Antwon Coleman was considered overweight by many at 275 and he was 6 foot friggin 7!

LOL

:lol: :lmao: :grin:

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;241433]Phil Jones is 6-11 275lb give or take a few. so 7-3 300lb is not bad. Thats very proportional to his height.[/QUOTE]
maybe chisox will know if you don’t, but is Phil able to play for relatively long amounts of time? He looks like he’s in great shape, but when you’re that big, I’m sure its still hard to play for very long.

damn. Never thought 300lbs was considered healthy for any human.

Guy couldnt ride in my car. My frame would be on the ground.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;241417]so GW and Xavier both have guys coming in at 7-3 - xaviers at 300lbs?[/QUOTE]
Did you mean GW and La Salle? The GW kid – Jermaine Middleton – is a transfer from Central Connecticut State who sat out last season and is skinny as a rail at 235 pounds! He played in 7 games for the Blue Devils in 05-06 (for a total of 28 minutes!) and apparently red-shirted in 04-05 as there are no stats for him that season. Doesn’t sound like he’s the 2nd coming of Manute Bol or even the late Yinka Dare (the latter a GW Colonial who played for Mike Jarvis).

La Salle’s signee – Jameson Keefe – is apparently a project and will red-shirt in 07-08.

BTW, Rhode Island has a couple of big guys coming in - Jason Francis at 6-9/280 and John Hegarty at 6-11/315 and Bona has D’Lancy Carter at 6-7/260.

maybe chisox will know if you don't, but is Phil able to play for relatively long amounts of time? He looks like he's in great shape, but when you're that big, I'm sure its still hard to play for very long.

He is big, but is also in VERY good shape. He is around 275, but its all muscle. I see him playing around 30 min per game if he doesnt get in foul trouble. Fatigue shouldnt be a problem for him.

excellent to hear. I knew you had said before that he was very strong and that most of the weight was muscle, but that still doesn’t always translate into good stamina. I figured you’d know better than anyone else though since you played intramural ball with him.

Phil Jones is in the best shape of his life right now. He has been working out five days a week for a year almost with Preston Greene. He is ready to be unleased on the A-10.

well he may not be the tallest in the A-10, but he very well may be the strongest/most fit if you guys aren’t exaggerating. Can’t wait.

Van Coleman of CSTV and Hoopmasters picks UMass for best incoming class in the A-10. He tabs the Minutemen as #26 in the nation.

CSTV.com: Previewing the Final 2007 Recruiting Class Rankings

GO A-10!

Just looking over the final Rivals 2007 Top 150 rankings and the A-10 has three signees on the list:

#82 Chris Wright, F 6-6/202, Dayton
#89 Dante Jackson, G 6-5/195, Xavier
#135 Lavoy Allen, C 6-9/225, Temple

Rivals.com: Rivals Top 150 2007 Prospect Rankings

St. Joe’s gets a late commitment following the transfer of Jawan Carter…

Philly.com: Connecticut prep star to join Hawks

ConnPost.com: Bentley eager to start at St. Joseph’s

La Salle picks up a guard with North Carolina connections…

GoExplorers.com: Explorers Sign Guard Partin for 2007-08 Season

Here’s how the A-10 looks for 07-08:

CollegeHoopsUpdate.com: Atlantic 10 2007-08 Incoming Classes

[URL=http://gmine.blogspot.com/][COLOR=black]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/COLOR][/URL]

This -- from CollegeHoopsUpdate.com -- is the most comprehensive, up-to-date list of incoming classes I have seen thus far.

CHU.com: Atlantic 10 2007-08 Incoming Classes

It includes transfers who are eligible this year after sitting out last season. [As such, transfers who will sit out this season are not included – Ben Eaves at URI (from UConn), Vernon Goodridge at La Salle (from Mississippi State) and Chis Matthews at Bona (from Washington State).]

In their ranking, the Niners have the 4th best class after Duquesne, Dayton, and UMass. BTW, I counted only 8 JUCOs total (half the A-10 didn’t sign any at all and Charlotte has the most with 2 – the CHU list doesn’t include walk-on Dijuan Harris).

[In addition, they list commits for the 2008-09 season, of which the A-10 has received 11 verbals thus far.]

GO A-10!

Harris isn’t on our list.