A-10 mirror games

[QUOTE=austinniner;234618]Then WE would be the cellar dwellars!:rolleyes:

…but not for long.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think eason realized that. :biggrin:

I don't think eason realized that. :biggrin:
...but not for long.
We're going to win the a10 next year.

we couldn’t get carolina so we got the closest thing to look like carolina…maybe we could trick our fans into thinking they are carolina?

i mean they have a gay ram for their mascot. chapel hill’s mascot is a gay ram.

their colors are baby blue. as are the tarholes.

i think we could pull it off.

[QUOTE=eason49;234599]Kick them out, too… as well as Richmond and Duquesne, then we’re down to 10.[/QUOTE]

Have you not heard anything about the A-10 before we joined? I would much rather keep Richmond than Fordham and maybe even a school like St. Joe’s. Hell even Fordham still plays at Rose Hill.

[QUOTE=eason49;234660]We’re going to win the a10 next year.[/QUOTE]

Hope you’re correct, [SIZE=1]but I doubt it.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=eason49;234660]We’re going to win the a10 next year.[/QUOTE]
While I appreciate your optimism about next season, that’s just not going to happen. At this point, I only see two sure wins on the 07-08 A-10 sked – Richmond at home and Bona on the road. No, I don’t expect us to finish 2-14, but looking at how 06-07 finished, who’s gone and who’s coming back, how the rest of the league is recruiting, etc., I believe we’ll be hard pressed to finish .500.

Okay, I believe this is correct…

Charlotte - GW, URI, Richmond

Dayton - Fordham, SLU, X

Duquesne - Richmond, URI, Bona

Fordham - Dayton, UMass, X

GW - Charlotte, St. Joe’s, X

LaSalle - Richmond, Bona, Temple

UMass - Fordham, Bona, Temple

Rhode Island - Charlotte, Duquesne, SLU

Richmond - Charlotte, Duquesne, La Salle

St. Bonaventure - Duquense, La Salle, UMass

Saint Joseph’s - GW, SLU, Temple

Saint Louis - Dayton, URI, St. Joe’s

Temple - La Salle, UMass, St. Joe’s

Xavier - Dayton, GW, Fordham

[QUOTE=run49er;235431]Okay, I believe this is correct…

Dayton - Fordham, SLU, X

Duquesne - Richmond, URI, Bona

Fordham - Dayton, UMass, X

GW - Charlotte, St. Joe’s, X

LaSalle - Richmond, Bona, Temple

UMass - Fordham, Bona, Temple

Rhode Island - Charlotte, Duquesne, SLU

Richmond - Charlotte, Duquesne, La Salle

St. Bonaventure - Duquense, La Salle, UMass

Saint Joseph’s - GW, SLU, Temple

Saint Louis - Dayton, URI, St. Joe’s

Temple - La Salle, UMass, St. Joe’s

Xavier - Dayton, GW, Fordham[/QUOTE]

Charlotte has Temple for a Home & Home.

Temple’s Home & Homes are La Salle, St. Joe’s and Charlotte.

So that pretty much means UMASS will get a home & Home with Rhody.

We still play GW right? At home?

I like it.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;235727]Charlotte has Temple for a Home & Home.

Temple’s Home & Homes are La Salle, St. Joe’s and Charlotte.

So that pretty much means UMASS will get a home & Home with Rhody.[/QUOTE]

It’s quite possible that this is right. I was just speculating when I originally said URI as our third. Temple makes as much sense.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;235734]It’s quite possible that this is right. I was just speculating when I originally said URI as our third. Temple makes as much sense.[/QUOTE]

it’s confirmed by Temple AD Bill Bradshaw, http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=428&p=2&c=638618

[QUOTE=Anborn;235730]I like it.[/QUOTE]

Actually it will be : Charlotte- GW, Richmond, Temple

I’ve updated and replaced URI with Temple. Might not be a bad thing – probably would have been 2 losses to the Rhody Rams.

The A-10 is a crazy place today – SLU going “ga-ga” over Majerus, Baldonado suing Duquesne, and Gonsalvez having a change of heart about leaving Richmond, while his Spider teammate Morris is now the one talking transfer! Film at 11! :tongue:

[QUOTE=run49er;235739]I’ve updated and replaced URI with Temple. Might not be a bad thing – probably would have been 2 losses to the Rhody Rams.

The A-10 is a crazy place today – SLU going “ga-ga” over Majerus, Baldonado suing Duquesne, and Gonsalvez having a change of heart about leaving Richmond, while his Spider teammate Morris is now the one talking transfer! Film at 11! :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Yea, Temple will be a good team next year. Getting back two of the A-10’s best scorers in Tyndale and Christmas, actually bringing in some size in the form of recruits, coupled with the fact that Dunphy has been there 1 year they should be a nice tough opponent for Charlotte next year.

I think that we won’t be playing Richmond after all. My prediction is we get UMASS as a home & home.

That would mean we would have GW, Temple, and UMASS as home & homes. That sounds good to me.

This whole mirror-game business is a mess. Just reading on a UMass blog that the Minutemen have had their 3 partners changed. UMass is now paired up with URI, St. Joe’s, and SLU – the Billikens replaced GW.

Not sure how all of that affects us at this point, but if we’re lucky, we might know by late October… :rolleyes:

GazetteNET.com: UMass Sports Blog

Already told you Run. No G.W. Home and HOme. we will play URI, Richmond, and Temple in the A-10 home and homes this season. But you refuse to believe me :grin: Don’t want to say I told you so. But you’ll see.

Jason, you are privy to inside info that I am not. All I know is this whole mirror-game thing seems to be a mess. If GW is losing both Charlotte and UMass, then I wonder who the Colonials are being paired with. Hmmm…

Perhaps one day we will know all of them, but at this point (July 13th), only Richmond, St. Joe’s, and Saint Louis have announced their A-10 home-and-away partners for 2007-08 since the conference had to go back to the drawing board and re-do the initial pairings.

Richmond - Charlotte, La Salle, St. Bonaventure

Saint Joseph’s - UMass, Temple, Xavier

Saint Louis - Dayton, GW, UMass