A-10 Notebook, Awards for 1/14

A-10 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Stephane Lasme - Massachusetts
Senior, Forward, 6-8, Libreville, Gabon/Leon MBA HS
Lasme averaged 22 points, 13 rebounds and 8.5 blocks per game while shooting 16-of-21 from the floor in a pair of A-10 victories…became just the 23rd player in NCAA history to post multiple triple-doubles in the same season as he had 23 points, 15 rebounds and a UMass record-tying 11 blocked shots in the Minutemen’s 91-84 win versus George Washington on Jan. 10…had 21 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks in Massachusetts’ 88-77 victory over Temple on Jan. 13…leads the league in rebounds (9.9 rpg.) and blocks (5.35 bpg.).

A-10 ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Rodney Green - La Salle
Freshman, Guard, 6-5, Philadelphia, PA/Prep Charter HS
Green earns his second A-10 Rookie of the Week award after averaging 18 points and 6.5 rebounds while shooting .592 (16-of-27) from the field…had 19 points and eight rebounds on 9-of-14 shooting in La Salle’s 79-63 victory at Duquesne on Jan. 10…scored 17 points and added five boards on Jan. 13 in the Explorers’ 84-82 loss at Dayton…leads the team in scoring (13.8 ppg.) and ranks third in the Conference in field goal shooting (.551).

Charlotte’s De’Angelo Alexander passed Temple’s Dionte Christmas to become the current scoring leader in the A-10 at 19.7 ppg. The last Niner to finish the season as the conference scoring champ was DeMarco Johnson in 1997-98 in Conference USA.

Atlantic10.org: A-10 Men’s Basketball Notebook

became just the 23rd player in NCAA history to post multiple triple-doubles in the same season as he had 23 points, 15 rebounds and a UMass record-tying 11 blocked shots in the Minutemen's 91-84 win versus George Washington on Jan. 10...

To put it in perspective, Charlotte as a team has 25 blocks in 15 games.

What a difference a year makes! Last season SLU’s Tommie Liddell made 2 of 21 3-pointers for a dismal .095%. Thus far this year he’s made 30 of 56 for an A-10 leading .536%!

[QUOTE=survivor45;210920]To put it in perspective, Charlotte as a team has 25 blocks in 15 games.[/QUOTE]
And to put it into futher perspective, UMass as a team has 136 blocks (91 belonging to Lasme). Next closest is Saint Louis with 94. Charlotte is last in the A-10.

BTW, Mr. Iti has 19 this season for NM State.

I look forward to getting to see Lasme play. I’ve heard he is dominant. Has he had numbers like this over the past three years? (…I’m too lazy to go check)

[QUOTE=ChevEE;210934]I look forward to getting to see Lasme play. I’ve heard he is dominant. Has he had numbers like this over the past three years? (…I’m too lazy to go check)[/QUOTE]
ChevEE, I saw him last season when UMass played at Davidson. He had 9 blocks in that game and finished 05-06 with 108 total. As a sophmore he had 72 and 51 as a frosh. That makes 322 blocks and counting.

Guess that means the 3s will be raining in Halton on the 28th.

Yeah, I guarantee that’s not going to be a game where Lutz tries to push for penetration. I just wish we’d realize there is room between the basket and the three point line that is worth two points! This would be a good game to get real HOT on the three stripe though.