A-10 power rankings Feb. 18, w/Niners love

I’m sticking up for you guys this week: http://www.indysportslegends.com/2013/02/18/atlantic-10-power-rankings-vcu-new-no-1/

Some comments in the Indy media really set me off. I appreciate hearing from you guys. Congratulations on the win. I wish you luck moving forward. I’m guessing Butler does NOT want to see Charlotte in the A-10 tourney :slight_smile:

As always, give me feedback here or on Twitter @chrisgoff_ISl. Thanks!

Chris Goff
Butler beat writer, IndySportsLegends.com

Thank for sticking up for us! We’ll take the love and good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the way.

That makes up for some of the nightmares I am having about Rotnei Clarke machine gunning 3’s with 5 guys hanging on him… :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris, not sure if you have seen/heard our SLU postgame vitriol, but whaddya think about this?

Captain flop (aka Cody Ellis) is bragging about it…

Sorry, I am a little bit bitter. We see enough flopping around here being force fed Duke games… Not sure this guy plays for the right team.

Actual writer taking up for us. WTF!!
Somebody put a beacon in the night sky and get NinerMike to start an investigation preferably with flow charts and graphs…I kid…I kid…I think…

[quote=“A10-ISL, post:1, topic:27524”]I’m sticking up for you guys this week: http://www.indysportslegends.com/2013/02/18/atlantic-10-power-rankings-vcu-new-no-1/

Some comments in the Indy media really set me off. I appreciate hearing from you guys. Congratulations on the win. I wish you luck moving forward. I’m guessing Butler does NOT want to see Charlotte in the A-10 tourney :slight_smile:

Chris Goff
Butler beat writer, IndySportsLegends.com[/quote]Thanks.

I think your rankings are very fair. I would actually put SLU #1 if they were my rankings, but VCU is a legitimate #1 choice as well.

You’re welcome. It’s an easy thing for me to do because I actually love the city of Charlotte. I covered the Democratic convention there last summer, was so blown away that I decided I would try to live there at some point. It’s the best city I’ve ever visited. Chicago’s great, but it’s not a place I’d want to live, like Charlotte. Now I’m just waiting for the Bobcats to get a good team first :slight_smile:

[quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:27524”][quote=“A10-ISL, post:1, topic:27524”]I’m sticking up for you guys this week: http://www.indysportslegends.com/2013/02/18/atlantic-10-power-rankings-vcu-new-no-1/

Chris Goff
Butler beat writer, IndySportsLegends.com[/quote]Thanks.

I think your rankings are very fair. I would actually put SLU #1 if they were my rankings, but VCU is a legitimate #1 choice as well.[/quote]

Appreciate that. It’s a virtual tie between those two. VCU seems to have a little more offensive firepower, but whoever wins Tuesday’s head-to-head matchup will probably be ahead of the other next week.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:3, topic:27524”]That makes up for some of the nightmares I am having about Rotnei Clarke machine gunning 3’s with 5 guys hanging on him… :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris, not sure if you have seen/heard our SLU postgame vitriol, but whaddya think about this?

Captain flop (aka Cody Ellis) is bragging about it…

Sorry, I am a little bit bitter. We see enough flopping around here being force fed Duke games… Not sure this guy plays for the right team.[/quote]

I kid you not: Even Saint Louis fans admit Cody Ellis is a flopper. I feel for you. So many charges in college basketball … I cover Indiana games, too, and you’d think No. 1 team in the country, other guys won’t get away with crap, but on Saturday, an IU player goes up into his shooting motion, is off the ground, defender comes over, slides underneath him, and it’s a charge.

But that chart is amazing. The numbers are so high, it’s amazing they can keep their mind on defense when they’re obviously busy looking for the next chance to hit the ground. For any one player like Ellis to be naturally bulled over by an offensive player more than once a game defies the odds. Like homers in the steroid era, there’s got to be some artificial inflation.

By the way, does Ellis still have his hair dyed blue in that haphazard, patchwork fashion?

The guy’s almost begging to be a target of opposing fans around the conference.

I believe coach K said something to the effect of “They can’t be fined if they don’t get paid”.
So if the coaches and players virtually admit to whats going on, and the spectators can see whats going on, what about the officials? Are these guys bottom tier professional wrestling referees who have to moonlight by calling basketball games?