A-10 Telivised Games

Does anyone know if the “A-10 TV” games are availble through Time Warner? Also, what is WTVI? I am thinking that you would need to have satellite but want to confirm. I guess I could go to a local sports bar…problem is that I now live in SC and unless you are a USC or Clemson fan you have a hard time getting someone to put the game on.

This is my first post but I’ve been a life long fan and have been visiting the forum for the last year. It’s great to see what “Niner Nation” has started and how it is catching on with the community.

Welcome to the board!

http://www.wtvi.org/

NinerLove,

WTVI is channel 4, I think, on TimeWarner.

Welcome to the board!!

[i]Originally posted by NinerLove[/i]@Oct 31 2005, 10:15 AM [b] Does anyone know if the "A-10 TV" games are availble through Time Warner? Also, what is WTVI? I am thinking that you would need to have satellite but want to confirm. I guess I could go to a local sports bar......problem is that I now live in SC and unless you are a USC or Clemson fan you have a hard time getting someone to put the game on. [/b]

Unless TimeWarner picks up those games, they are only available through the DirecTV FullCourt Package. I would imagine that TimeWarner in Charlotte will pick up most of the games, but I have not seen nor heard any official announcement yet. In year’s past, if it was available as an ESPN+ game on FullCourt, TimeWarner usually picked it up. Since you live outside of Charlotte, you will likely have to get FullCourt or head to a sports bar.

ESPN FullCourt Package Details

Thanks for the response. If there are any updates as to who is picking up games, I’m sure you guys/gals will keep us informed. If need be, I can take an hour and a half ride up 77 and watch at Picasso’s. I’m sure there will be a niner or two to make some noise with. I also signed up for the “Yahoo College Sports” site, so I guess this would be a last resort.

As I am a new poster…I have absolutely no clue as to how you include quotes in your message or have a signature quote at the bottom of your posts. Also, how do you include a picture to be included as part of your ID?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLove[/i]@Oct 31 2005, 12:30 PM [b] As I am a new poster......I have absolutely no clue as to how you include quotes in your message or have a signature quote at the bottom of your posts. Also, how do you include a picture to be included as part of your ID? [/b]
For quotes, there is a quote button at the top right of each post. Click it.

For signatures and avatars, click on your control panel. It’s the icon towards the top right of the page that looks like an equalizer.

Never Mind.

[I]Emily Litella[/I]

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Oct 31 2005, 11:42 AM [b] Don't bother with ESPN Full Court if you expect to see Charlotte play. They still have us listed as Conference USA, put the Atlantic 10 at the end of their alphabetical listing of conferences, and scheduled no Charlotte games (although you can see St. Bonaventure get murdered at least twice) other than one A-10 quarterfinal game. [/b]
That's last year's FullCourt schedule, Shaft. The new one has not been released yet, but should be out shortly. We have at least 4 games that will be on the FullCourt package and if the WTVI games are added that would be 6, minimum.

The games on A-10 TV include @Dayton, George Washington, @Richmond, and Richmond. Those will be included with the FullCourt Package.

Do you guys have any idea whether us up here in Asheville will be able to see any Niner games on TV besides ESPN or ESPN2? Thanks in advance.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Oct 31 2005, 11:39 AM [b] For quotes, there is a quote button at the top right of each post. Click it.

For signatures and avatars, click on your control panel. It’s the icon towards the top right of the page that looks like an equalizer. [/b]

Thanks for the tutorial!

While we’re handing out tips… :smiley:

You can download the Basketball and other 49er team schedules into your Microsoft Outlook Calendar:

http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/ot…d-download.html

It is my understanding that WTVI will show the 2 road A-10 TV games. Time Warner will show the 2 home A-10 TV games. WTVI will also show all A-10 tournament games that we are involved in. ESPN has the A-10 Tournament Championship game.

Does anyone know how wide-reaching WTVI is??? I know it’s included in basic Time Warner and I get it in Lincoln County through Charter Communications (cable).

[SIZE=3]Twelve TV Games:[/SIZE]

Mon 12/19/05 Indiana Halton Arena ESPN2 9:00 PM

Thu 12/22/05 Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. WTVI 7:30 PM

Sat 01/07/06 Dayton * Dayton, Ohio A-10 TV 12:00 PM (WTVI should pick up)

Wed 01/11/06 La Salle * Philadelphia, Pa. WTVI 7:00 PM

Tue 01/17/06 Saint Joseph’s * Philadelphia, Pa. ESPN2 7:30 PM

Sat 01/21/06 George Washington * Halton Arena A-10 TV 4:00 PM (TW)

Sat 01/28/06 Richmond* Richmond, Va. A-10 TV 7 PM (WTVI should pick up)

Sat 02/04/06 Dayton * Halton Arena ESPN2 2:00 PM

Sat 02/11/06 Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C. ABC 3:30 PM

Wed 02/15/06 Richmond* Halton Arena A-10 TV 7 PM (TW)

Sat 02/18/06 Fordham * Bronx, N.Y. ESPN 2:00 PM

Sat 03/04/06 George Washington * Washington, D.C. ESPN

i dont worry about it, i just go get hype and watch at Picassos :smiley:

49ers on Full Court:

1/7/06 Charlotte @ Dayton
1/21/06 GW @ Charlotte
1/28/06 Charlotte @ Richmond
2/11/06 Charlotte @ Wake Forest

My bad, WTVI is channel 5 on TW, channel 4 is ABC.

[b]My bad, WTVI is channel 5 on TW, channel 4 is ABC. [/b]

Those games are going to be shown on PBS???

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Oct 31 2005, 01:54 PM [b]
[b]My bad, WTVI is channel 5 on TW, channel 4 is ABC. [/b]

Those games are going to be shown on PBS??? [/b]

Not PBS per se. It’s the channel they will use on cable to show the game.

http://www.wtvi.org/home.asp

[b]Now serving thirteen counties, eleven in North Carolina and two in South Carolina, and over 330,000 households, WTVI stretches well beyond the realm of everyday television viewing. WTVI continually strives to enhance the lives of its viewers by providing educational and entertaining opportunities.

In 1982, The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Broadcasting Authority assumed WTVI’s license and the station took on a broader, community-oriented role. Since its establishment, WTVI’s commitment has always been to provide diverse, quality informational and entertaining programs, 75 percent of which can be classified as family entertainment.[/b]

[i]Originally posted by 49er1+Oct 31 2005, 03:02 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49er1 @ Oct 31 2005, 03:02 PM)
[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners+Oct 31 2005, 02:38 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (finalfourtyniners @ Oct 31 2005, 02:38 PM)
Originally posted by 49er1@Oct 31 2005, 03:02 PM [b]