A Look Into Next Season

Let me first say how excited I am about the Dayton game tomorrow, a win tomorrow could give us the confidence we need for a run at the end of the season. But I wanted to take a quick look into next year, and if you read my first post you know that I attended Charlotte last year but had to leave due to health problems and will be returning next semester. So obviously I am very excited for next season, so I wanted to know what the team is going to look like next year. Here is my quick overview and if you could let me know about anything I missed or any corrections I would greatly appreciate it.

PG:Dijuan Harris: Warrior who is only going to improve. Very happy to have him running our team in his senior season.

SG:Shamarr Bowden: Hopefully lives up to the hype and gives us a more consistent shooter than what Mack is.

SF:An’Juan Wilderness:My favorite player on the team, believe he has all the potential to break out next year.

PF:Shamari Spears: Big body, constant motor, big time school experience, should be our go to option.

C:Phil Jones: Has shown improvement this year and hopefully he continues to improve and grows into his 4 star rating.

Bench

G:Jarvis Barnett: Just do not know much about him

F/C:Gaby Ngoundo:Just do not think hes a very good player.

G:Ian Anderson: Much better role player than starter, give us a good shooter off the bench

G:Kyle Church: Do not really have an opinion, got to see him play more

G/F:RaShad Coleman: He needs to stop shooting and needs to play the three. Not a good shooter who can drive to the basket.

G/F:Charles Dewhurst: Hopefully can fully recover will give us great depth off the bench.

Incoming
F:Chris Braswell: Going to be a great one, huge impact mid season
F:KJ Sherill: Dont know much about him

We definitly need to recruit a point guard from somewhere, I remember reading about the PG from Oak Hill. Does anyone know how that is going or any PG we are recruiting. Also how many years does Shamari Spears have with us? Two or one? Thank you very much ninernation for reading this and helping me out.

Also how many years does Shamari Spears have with us? Two or one? Thank you very much ninernation for reading this and helping me out.

Shamari has two years.

One interesting tidbit… Bobby has said that he thinks Braswell is closer to 6’9, than 6’8. If this is indeed true, that will be nice to have more height under the basket. So often hs and college players are listed an inch or two taller than they are, but apparently Chris is taller than the advertised 6’8.

hopefully we can add another point guard to that list too. hopefully either jason calliste or bryan bynes. from what i have read about both, they both would seem to be great pickups this late in the game. calliste is ranked as the 20th. ranked shooting guard and 86th. player overall and bynes sounds like a great athlete who can really shoot the ball. so much of our success next season depends on how much our returning players improve, especially wilderness. if he develops a jump shot he could be an all american. dewhurst too. both are very good slashers but need some semblence of a jumper to become more complete players. i think next season we will have a more traditional team. we will have traditional post players like sherrill, braswell, jones and spears. we will have guys who can and will post up and rebound(knock on wood).

Let me first say how excited I am about the Dayton game tomorrow, a win tomorrow could give us the confidence we need for a run at the end of the season...

You cannot be serious.

You are forgetting Tramaine Pride!!!

[QUOTE=TRLeader;383594]You cannot be serious.[/QUOTE]

at least he is trying to be positive unlike the rest of us(myself included). im glad we still have some fans who think positive.

You ask if I am serious, I am not saying that I think a win against Dayton is going to propel us to a trip to the sweet 16, but maybe we can finish the season strong. Maybe we can build off late season momentum and carry it over to next season. And yes I am trying to be positive, Charlotte is the only college basketball team I pull for, there the team I love. Obviously this is not the best of times but why not root for a strong finish. We handled winthrop and played Rhode Island very good until the end. We just got one of our best players back in Wilderness and the careers of Charlie Coley and Lamont Mack are coming to an end. Maybe they feel the urgency to pick it up and Mack can start playing like he did in conference play last year. Hey I have seen crazier things ;ole Georgia winning the SEC. Am I saying Charlotte is going to win the A10? No I am not, but hey crazier things have happened.

[QUOTE=NJNiner12;383604]You ask if I am serious, I am not saying that I think a win against Dayton is going to propel us to a trip to the sweet 16, but maybe we can finish the season strong. Maybe we can build off late season momentum and carry it over to next season. And yes I am trying to be positive, Charlotte is the only college basketball team I pull for, there the team I love. Obviously this is not the best of times but why not root for a strong finish. We handled winthrop and played Rhode Island very good until the end. We just got one of our best players back in Wilderness and the careers of Charlie Coley and Lamont Mack are coming to an end. Maybe they feel the urgency to pick it up and Mack can start playing like he did in conference play last year. Hey I have seen crazier things ;ole Georgia winning the SEC. Am I saying Charlotte is going to win the A10? No I am not, but hey crazier things have happened.[/QUOTE]

you go girl.

“especially wilderness. if he develops a jump shot he could be an all american”

Ridiculous statement. Everyone thinks he is the 2nd coming of Basden which is so far from reality I like Wilderness as a player but im not as high on him as most of the people on here. He has zero jumpshot, it is non exsistent. He is a very poor three throw shooter and a average rebounder (only average 3 this year) If he can work on all those things then he has a chance to be a very good player.

especially wilderness. if he develops a jump shot he could be an all american. dewhurst too...

I hope you meant All Conference…

All American sf’s typically average about 18 ppg and 7+ rpg

"especially wilderness. if he develops a jump shot he could be an all american"

Ridiculous statement. Everyone thinks he is the 2nd coming of Basden which is so far from reality I like Wilderness as a player but im not as high on him as most of the people on here. He has zero jumpshot, it is non exsistent. He is a very poor three throw shooter and a average rebounder (only average 3 this year) If he can work on all those things then he has a chance to be a very good player.

Basden wasn’t much of a 3-ball shooter early on, shot ~ 12% and 27% his first two years (Wilderness 27%, then 10%). Basden averaged 4.3 and 6.9 rebounds his first two years (Wilderness: 4.9, then 3.5). The trick is that Basden improved his shooting dramatically after that, which might be a tall order. I’d have liked to see what Wilderness could’ve done this year without the nagging injuries, as it’s clear he’s not performed like he did as a freshman.

[QUOTE=9erken;383633]Basden wasn’t much of a 3-ball shooter early on, shot ~ 12% and 27% his first two years (Wilderness 27%, then 10%). Basden averaged 4.3 and 6.9 rebounds his first two years (Wilderness: 4.9, then 3.5). The trick is that Basden improved his shooting dramatically after that, which might be a tall order. I’d have liked to see what Wilderness could’ve done this year without the nagging injuries, as it’s clear he’s not performed like he did as a freshman.[/QUOTE]

Im no talking about 3 point shooting. Im talking about shooting in general and Wilderness has no range outside of the lane. Before the injury Wilderness was not all that impressive. Good defender and good scorer in the paint. Terrible shooter, terrible free throws and average rebounder. He will be a solid starting player for this career at Charlotte and that’s it.

[QUOTE=Basden05;383642]Im no talking about 3 point shooting. Im talking about shooting in general and Wilderness has no range outside of the lane. Before the injury Wilderness was not all that impressive. Good defender and good scorer in the paint. Terrible shooter, [B]terrible free throws [/B]and average rebounder. He will be a solid starting player for this career at Charlotte and that’s it.[/QUOTE]

He’ll need to better the percentage at the line to help us out.

Let me first say how excited I am about the Dayton game tomorrow, a win tomorrow could give us the confidence we need for a run at the end of the season. But I wanted to take a quick look into next year, and if you read my first post you know that I attended Charlotte last year but had to leave due to health problems and will be returning next semester. So obviously I am very excited for next season, so I wanted to know what the team is going to look like next year. Here is my quick overview and if you could let me know about anything I missed or any corrections I would greatly appreciate it.

PG:Dijuan Harris: Warrior who is only going to improve. Very happy to have him running our team in his senior season.

SG:Shamarr Bowden: Hopefully lives up to the hype and gives us a more consistent shooter than what Mack is.

SF:An’Juan Wilderness:My favorite player on the team, believe he has all the potential to break out next year.

PF:Shamari Spears: Big body, constant motor, big time school experience, should be our go to option.

C:Phil Jones: Has shown improvement this year and hopefully he continues to improve and grows into his 4 star rating.

Bench

G:Jarvis Barnett: Just do not know much about him

F/C:Gaby Ngoundo:Just do not think hes a very good player.

G:Ian Anderson: Much better role player than starter, give us a good shooter off the bench

G:Kyle Church: Do not really have an opinion, got to see him play more

G/F:RaShad Coleman: He needs to stop shooting and needs to play the three. Not a good shooter who can drive to the basket.

G/F:Charles Dewhurst: Hopefully can fully recover will give us great depth off the bench.

Incoming
F:Chris Braswell: Going to be a great one, huge impact mid season
F:KJ Sherill: Dont know much about him

We definitly need to recruit a point guard from somewhere, I remember reading about the PG from Oak Hill. Does anyone know how that is going or any PG we are recruiting. Also how many years does Shamari Spears have with us? Two or one? Thank you very much ninernation for reading this and helping me out.

You must be new to NNN, Charlotte, A-10, college basketball in general and the last 5 years under Lutz.

You hang in there though. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Here’s what I think the starting lineup will look like next year,

PG - Dijuan
SG - Shamarr
SF - Anjuan
PF - Spears
C - Braswell

Yea, yea that’s right, Phil still won’t be starting. Braswell will start.

I think we will see that lineup by mid year

Im no talking about 3 point shooting. Im talking about shooting in general and Wilderness [B]has no range outside of the lane[/B]. Before the injury Wilderness was not all that impressive. Good defender and good scorer in the paint. Terrible shooter, terrible free throws and average rebounder. He will be a solid starting player for this career at Charlotte and that's it.

Neither did Eddie until his Junior year!

You ask if I am serious, I am not saying that I think a win against Dayton is going to propel us to a trip to the sweet 16, but maybe we can finish the season strong. Maybe we can build off late season momentum and carry it over to next season. And yes I am trying to be positive, Charlotte is the only college basketball team I pull for, there the team I love. Obviously this is not the best of times but why not root for a strong finish. We handled winthrop and played Rhode Island very good until the end. We just got one of our best players back in Wilderness and the careers of Charlie Coley and Lamont Mack are coming to an end. Maybe they feel the urgency to pick it up and Mack can start playing like he did in conference play last year. Hey I have seen crazier things ;ole Georgia winning the SEC. Am I saying Charlotte is going to win the A10? No I am not, but hey crazier things have happened.

I officially love this guy. What a fan.

Here's what I think the starting lineup will look like next year,

PG - Dijuan
SG - Shamarr
SF - Anjuan
PF - Spears
C - Braswell

That’s what I’m thinking as well. We won’t be very tall with that lineup though, so we’ll see how it works. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Dewhurst starts some games over Wilderness. I don’t expect to see Coleman starting at all next season. If he does… we have a problem.

Here's what I think the starting lineup will look like next year,

PG - Dijuan
SG - Shamarr
SF - Anjuan
PF - Spears
C - Braswell

I agree with that 100%, excpet I think it might take a few games. Phil will probably start the first couple games just from having more experience, but I think we will quickly see that Braswell is out best option at the 5.