A must have outside the football stadium

The Human Link is a freaking sweet looking statue. Dang. Now that is solid.

I did this sketch (and not very well) of my idea for a football related statue. I call it ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€.

I canā€™t wait until that Human Link gets here. It seems kind of random to have a monument there, but it will still look sweet as heck.

So if I remember right, if I donate a statue to campus, they put it up right? Isnt that how that big eagle got put on campus?

If so, it shouldnt be long before there is a Gillderness statueā€¦

[IMG]http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/members/stanton49/albums/unc+charlotte-639/perseverance-5673.gif[/IMG]

I did this sketch (and not very well) of my idea for a football related statue. I call it ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€.

I like this idea.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;347782]So if I remember right, if I donate a statue to campus, they put it up right? Isnt that how that big eagle got put on campus?

If so, it shouldnt be long before there is a Gillderness statueā€¦[/QUOTE]

How else do you explain all of the POSā€™s that used to sit in the grassy area behind Rowe and the Architecture building? I donā€™t care how much money somebody spent on it, if it looks like $%^& or has no relevance to the school it should not be littering the campus.

I like this idea.

Iā€™m not a fan of this design. It reminds me of the one on campus of the self made man.
We need a modified version of the miner panning for gold at the front entranceā€¦ He needs to be standing up with a pick axe, all burly and stuff, walking toward the stadium but turned back giving an evil glance toward to opposite direction. Perhaps holding a 19th century lantern in the other hand.

EDIT: the pick axe needs to be resting on his shoulder

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;347772]

I did this sketch (and not very well) of my idea for a football related statue. I call it ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€.[/QUOTE]

You should call it ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€ once he gets out of the pile of rubble, not while heā€™s still in it. I call that ā€œFAILUREā€.

[QUOTE=X-49er;347824]You should call it ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€ once he gets out of the pile of rubble, not while heā€™s still in it. I call that ā€œFAILUREā€.[/QUOTE]

Go spend a dollar coin X!:dry:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;347837]Go spend a dollar coin X!:dry:[/QUOTE]

Toucheā€™. But I take it you liked my point? The artwork was good, though.:wink:

[QUOTE=X-49er;347840]Toucheā€™. But I take it you liked my point? The artwork was good, though.:wink:[/QUOTE]

If he had emerged from the rock already I would call it ā€œSUCCESSā€ not ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€.:tongue:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;347841]If he had emerged from the rock already I would call it ā€œSUCCESSā€ not ā€œPERSEVERANCEā€.:tongue:[/QUOTE]

He doesnā€™t look like heā€™s made any progress, therefore he has not persevered. If he had dug his way partially out, you might could get away with calling it that.

[QUOTE]
PERSEVERENCE
ā€“noun

1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=X-49er;347843]He doesnā€™t look like heā€™s made any progress, therefore he has not persevered. If he had dug his way partially out, you might could get away with calling it that.[/QUOTE]

As a great Artist I donā€™t have to justify the work!:shades:

Just for you Iā€™ll redo it without rock tomorrow!

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;347844]As a great Artist I donā€™t have to justify the work!:shades:

Just for you Iā€™ll redo it without rock tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I will say that I would pick that statue design over any ā€œartā€ that has ever been in the grassy area behind Rowe near the lake.

[QUOTE=X-49er;347846]I will say that I would pick that statue design over any ā€œartā€ that has ever been in the grassy area behind Rowe near the lake.[/QUOTE]

:lmao: Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a good indicator of the quality of my work or not! :lmao:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;347853]:lmao: Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a good indicator of the quality of my work or not! :lmao:[/QUOTE]

:49ers::lol::lmao::49ers::lol::lmao::49ers:

I saw the Deacon Statue this past weekend while going to the Dixie Classic Fair, actually looks pretty good, really impressed with the new Press Box.

Bump to say that it is March 2009 and the Human Link statue still isnā€™t on campus.

[URL]http://www.jonhair.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=18342&cat_id=18344&cat_id=18348&lls_inline_frame_flag=Y&med_id=28633[/URL]

Thanks for bumping.

How about something like this outside the stadium. I think we should have something like this somewhere on campus.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6098137&id=137250510359&ref=mf