A10 Bumper Stickers?

So today I’m on my way to work in concord, and the car in front of me at the stoplight has a St. Joe’s sticker on their car… and then i realized that thats probably the first A10 related bumper sticker i have seen outside of our own in the area… and i was wondering if anyone else has seen people with them?

I see alot of St. Bona stuff.

Well… alot more then I expect.

I see Dayton and Temple occasionally.

I see lots of Charlotte 49ers bumper stickers.
I heard a rumor that they’re in the A10. LOL.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;249100]I see alot of St. Bona stuff.

Well… alot more then I expect.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have seen a few St. Bona window stickers around.

I want a bumper sticker for the citizens of North Carolina to read…
“The Atlantic 10… it’s a basketball conference.”

I dream of a day that we no longer concern ourselves with the A10 or anything remotely connected to the A10.

[QUOTE=WBNiner;249128]I dream of a day that we no longer concern ourselves with the A10 or anything remotely connected to the A10.[/QUOTE]
We all do WB, we all do…

May I also point out that we only precieve ourselves as a basketball conference because the performance of all other profitable sports in the A10 are subpar. Therefore we identify with basketball, but results of recent years yeilds us as no basketball conference. Merely an odd group of schools that can’t seem to stay at one level of achievment for a sustained amount of time… :pout:

Look on the bright side.
In 40-50 years we’ll finally leave the Big East for the SEC or ACC.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;249098]So today I’m on my way to work in concord, and the car in front of me at the stoplight has a St. Joe’s sticker on their car… and then i realized that thats probably the first A10 related bumper sticker i have seen outside of our own in the area… and i was wondering if anyone else has seen people with them?[/QUOTE]
refer to NinerID’s sig

Ive seen Dayton, and RI

I see a good amount of them, I run into A-10 alums all over the place up here. There are like 4 Fordham grads in my beach house.

I give the A-10 2 more years to get back to its success int he early 2000s, or else I’m done with it.

The sad reality is we were supposed to be the big time team with our move to the A-10, but I put that all on Lutz.

Saw BDD at the pool one day. It had on a St. Bona shirt.

Look on the bright side. In 40-50 years we'll finally leave the Big East for the SEC or ACC.
We will never be in either of them.

Way not to think positive.

I’ve seen just about every other school, with UD being the one I see most often since there’s a vehicle I see at work with a N.C. vanity tag that reads U.DAYTON.

[QUOTE=49or bust;249144]We will never be in either of them.[/QUOTE]

Bust, I mean this sincerely…but some of you guys that never witnessed or experienced CUSA in its hayday have no idea how on the verge we were to taking the next step. Look at USF. That was us just a couple years ago. Now look at them.

If we can get football going, and Lutz can get his program back together, we can find a great conference again within a decade.

Bust, I mean this sincerely....but some of you guys that never witnessed or experienced CUSA in its hayday have no idea how on the verge we were to taking the next step. Look at USF. That was us just a couple years ago. Now look at them.

If we can get football going, and Lutz can get his program back together, we can find a great conference again within a decade.

I think he is referring to the fact that the SEC won’t be changing, and the ACC has no use for us. It has nothing to do with how good or bad we are/were.

if I saw a St. Bona bumpersticker 3 years ago I would equate it to seeing “Mars Hill College”.

2002, its great you see the stuff, but don’t you live about 10 hours north of here?

As much as people want to chime in on the small success and “prestige” of Xavier or Dayton, the a10 doesn’t have a single team that anyone in the southeast cares about, outside our following.

I think he is referring to the fact that the SEC won't be changing, [B]and the ACC has no use for us.[/B]

I wonder when Virginia Tech stopped feeling that way?

[QUOTE=metro;249154]Bust, I mean this sincerely…but some of you guys that never witnessed or experienced CUSA in its hayday have no idea how on the verge we were to taking the next step. Look at USF. That was us just a couple years ago. Now look at them.

If we can get football going, and Lutz can get his program back together, we can find a great conference again within a decade.[/QUOTE]

No kidding… we were right there… on the cusp! If we had started planning for football when we joined the METRO, then started the program in the CUSA days things would be MUCH different. I do agree though that the ACC has no use for us. What we can offer them is already covered. We do offer the SEC new territory, a decent TV market and the backyard of the ACC. With that said I don’t see us joining them either. I think the Big East is the best, most realistic long term BCS home for us. They offer us a big time BCS conference with some familiar foes and we offer them the land of the ACC and new recruiting territory. I still like the idea of partnering up with ECU for the next conference move. Between the 2 schools we offer almost all of the state and a strong foothold in ACC land which you KNOW the Big East would love. Not to mention ECU has some football history and we have basketball history. Ahhh what could have been…