A10 Next Year

Was just browsing through the A10 Boards and noticed Charlotte was listed among the teams (as well as St. Louis). Noticed a post about the A10 hurting GW’s chances. Truth is A10 will recover from this slow start. Sure its a down year, but its hard to repeat a year when 4 teams make the NCAA’s (GW almost), two make the Elite Eight, and one of them was ranked number 1 in the country with an undefeated regular season.

I can understand some of the concerns coming over to the A10 next year. But don’t use this year as a measuring stick by any means. Teams picked to contend early are injured (UMASS, Temple, Xavier, Duquense) and alot are just really young (Xavier, Dayton, Richmond, St. Joes) just like GW was 2 years ago. We have 4 wins against top 15 opponents in the past 2 weeks. The league will recover before this year is out and next year should prove to be better.

The problem with the league will remain, however, the bottom feeders like LaSalle, Fordham, St. Bonneventure. With Charlotte’s addition the A10 will bulk up its top 1/2 and hopefully put pressure on the league commissioner linda bruno to cut back on the perennial losers. With all that said the C-USA is not a place you will want to be after this year anyway. With that said, good luck the rest of this year. Come by the A10 Board and get used to the new home.

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!

Welcome GW. The board I usually frequent is at

BasketballBoards.net

Is that where you hail from?

[b]I can understand some of the concerns coming over to the A10 next year. But don't use this year as a measuring stick by any means.[/b]
\

I for one am excited about going to the A-10. The top tier teams are just as good, and it will be good to be in a conference where basketball is the main focus. We also will be in a conference with I-AA football should we ever start up a team.

I hope the bottom feeders in the A-10 can improve themselves rather than having to cut them. Before St. Bonnie’s academic debacle 2 years ago, they were a borderline NCAA team each year. LaSalle has a good basketball history, though I don’t know if they’ll get back to glory again. Fordham just baffles me. You would think that being in the middle of New York City that they could get enough home-grown talent to be somewhat succesful. I hope the A-10 will give them a deadline to improve by so at least they’ll have an opportunity.

Wasn’t GW where Coach Lutz came from?

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 09:59 AM [b] Wasn't GW where Coach Lutz came from? [/b]
[img]http://home.socal.rr.com/inevitability/omg.jpg[/img]
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 08:59 AM [b] Wasn't GW where Coach Lutz came from? [/b]
Gamer, the GW in this post is George Washington University, not Gardner-Webb University. Yes, Bobby was the head coach at the latter for a brief time. So brief, in fact, the he never actually coached a game in Boiling Springs!

That picture is great, NA. :lol:

gamer

Even though I am not one to demand football for Charlotte, I think it is in our best interest to begin a program once we get into the A-10.

We should follow the UCONN guide to build a football program, they went from 1-AA I believe in the A-10 to now 1-A and a bowlgame after only 3 years (I think) of 1-A.

One advantage UConn has over us is that they started playing football in 1897!

gamer is also the one who thought the Alabama Crimson Tide “had beaten us 4 straight times and knocked us out of the tourney last year.”

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 11:54 AM [b] One advantage UConn has over us is that they started playing football in 1897! [/b]
damn, wasn't aware of that...

so I guess there is no hope

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 07:44 AM [b] Welcome GW. The board I usually frequent is at

BasketballBoards.net

Is that where you hail from? [/b]

Yes thats the A10 board i was talking about. Its probably one of the most active of the conference boards. See you there.

GW’s board also welcomes any comments…its a free board with no registration required. www.gwhoops.com

notice that in the A-10 most of the football schools are not in the league for basketball. Seems kind of strange but that is the way it is. Of course it seems the A-10 had a lot of success in that James Madison and William and Mary faced each other in the semis with James Madison Advancing to the Championship game. What a playoff for football?

:eek:

2004 STANDINGS
(Through Games of Dec. 16)
Conference Overall
W L Pct. W L Pct.
North
*^New Hampshire 6 2 .750 10 3 .768
Massachusetts 4 4 .500 6 5 .545
Northeastern 4 4 .500 5 6 .455
Hofstra 3 5 .375 5 6 .455
Maine 3 5 .375 5 6 .455
Rhode Island 2 6 .250 4 7 .364