AAC Facilities News 🏟️

I’m not sure.

I do know that baseball players do not like tarp pulls!!!

3 Likes

Turf makes early spring better with all the rain.

clt hates the turf but understands the obvious benefits

1 Like

I can answer that. Grass

A post was merged into an existing topic: Daily musings and oddities :spiral_calendar:

Taken from the AAC forum at CSNBBS

Updated UNT Athletic Center Expansion

Lots of nice stuff updated in this design, including a new 15,000 square foot locker room for football and a 20,850 square foot strength and conditioning center. The expansion also creates additional seating for Apogee Stadium along with new video boards and sound system. UNT is continuing to invest in our athletics.

Arguably the nicest stadium in the aac getting nicer.

Crickets in ninerland.

2 Likes

So they’re building their own Judy Rose center, thats nice I guess.

That’s an interesting statement - and I’m not disagreeing with your point. It just got me thinking what is the nicest facility in the new AAC?

Top tier would probably be:

SMU, UNT, UTSA, UAB, ECU… FAU? I hesitate to include the Liberty Bowl. I am biased because it isn’t on campus and it’s old. Probably should cut UTSA on the former count as well, but it’s in better shape.

I won’t count any of the NFL stadiums. I hope I don’t have to explain why.

I suspect it’s really down to SMU, UAB, ECU, and UNT. The things I don’t like about UNT are that it’s too hot and I really dislike their 2 tier stands with those white stairs. Most stadiums have 2 decks, but their 2nd deck is pushed back and separated from their lower deck in a way that reminds me too much of my least favorite thing about Halton. It also doesn’t look good from field level either:

It’s not terrible, but I would rather have an overhanging upper level. Which is what it looks like we are planning on doing:

4 Likes

Our full expansion I would argue not only looks the best in the new AAC, but also the state. We had the benefit of planned expansion though while other schools had to piece meal theirs together.

1 Like

Define nice here.

If we are disregarding size then JRS ranks right up there.

If we do the expansion correctly, it will stay that way.

JRS is a fantastic place to watch a game. You can move around easily. Get food and drink easily. It has a great view and plenty of bathrooms. There isn’t a bad seat in the house.

A BMW Z4 is really small. But it’s also really nice.

clt says don’t forget that we have bojangles

1 Like

Would love to replace that relationship with Chick Fil A

We need to be able to get shakes during the game

clt says we do need to have a serious discussion about bo rounds at the Rich

2 Likes

Isn’t there a Chick-Fil-A stand on the visitors side of stadium? There used to be when I was in college for sure.

If I find out they have shakes there this whole time I may fall into depression. Surely not!

1 Like

We need to have some good barbecue at the stadium!

Herlocker’s …. :cry:

4 Likes

Burritos

1 Like

I liked SDSU’S food truck food court. I dunno that we have room for it, but the idea of a rotating cast of trucks inside the stadium is kinda cool, IMHO.

From what I have seen they have 3-4 food trucks parked in a corner of the stadium for every game. Apparently they tend to be well known / popular ones.

I’m sure the other food vendors wouldn’t like it, but I think the fans would.

2 Likes