ACC Champ Game

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/387455.html]Empty Seats[/URL]

Well I know that the ACC isn’t the most popular conference for us Niner fans but it is extremely good news that Bank of American Stadium is one step closer to becoming the permanant home of the ACC Championship Game. If you watched the game at Attel Stadium in Jacksonville yesterday you saw all the empty seats. The ACC thought they were being clever by putting the game in Florida, afterall, surely Florida St and Miami will be in it almost every year? Well, looks like the Queen City will win in the end, and anything that increases Charlotte’s College Football Profile will be great for Charlotte 49ers Football.:shades:

I don’t care where they put the ACC Championship game nobody going to come.It want do any better in Charlotte.ACC fans have no passion for foootball except Clemson & VT and Florida State if they are playing for a national championship

[QUOTE=ninerrbl;273080]I don’t care where they put the ACC Championship game nobody going to come.It want do any better in Charlotte.ACC fans have no passion for foootball except Clemson & VT and Florida State if they are playing for a national championship[/QUOTE]

The Tire Bowl, pitting a 4th place ACC has-been against a 3rd place BE run-down, has sold out (72,000) games 3 out of 4 years. They will have no trouble selling out the ACC Champ Game.

I don’t understand how this is good for us. Your logic is much like Dubois saying that Chapel Hill having a medical school in charlotte could benefit us. The fact is the ACC is an awful football conference as of late, and anytime that Boston College is in the championship, you won’t sell many tickets.

I don't understand how this is good for us. Your logic is much like Dubois saying that Chapel Hill having a medical school in charlotte could benefit us. The fact is the ACC is an awful football conference as of late, and anytime that Boston College is in the championship, you won't sell many tickets.
"Why do we need football in Charlotte, when we have the ACC!?"

[QUOTE=ninerID;273092]I don’t understand how this is good for us. Your logic is much like Dubois saying that Chapel Hill having a medical school in charlotte could benefit us. The fact is the ACC is an awful football conference as of late, and anytime that Boston College is in the championship, you won’t sell many tickets.[/QUOTE]
BINGO. the acc has already proven they don’t like us stepping on “their turf” in basketball. i’m not sure if we want them considering charlotte “their town” in football.

[QUOTE=ninerID;273092]I don’t understand how this is good for us. Your logic is much like Dubois saying that Chapel Hill having a medical school in charlotte could benefit us. The fact is the ACC is an awful football conference as of late, and anytime that Boston College is in the championship, you won’t sell many tickets.[/QUOTE]

As I know that you are generally an honorable person I’m going to try not to take your slanderous remarks, comparing me to that Chapel Hill boot licker of a Chancellor, personally.

As for the benefit to our football hopes, anything that shows native Charlotteans want to see college football games (Tire Bowl has very good walk-up #'s) indicates a strong base for a program to draw attendance from. It also encourages sponsors to believe that their advertising $'s would be well spent supporting college football in this city.

As for the benefit to our football hopes, anything that shows native Charlotteans want to see college football games (Tire Bowl has very good walk-up #'s) indicates a strong base for a program to draw attendance from. It also encourages sponsors to believe that their advertising $'s would be well spent supporting college football in this city.

everything is a competition, nothing is going to help us do this, especially not the acc. The wachovia golf tournament is competition. There are only X amount of dollars out there, X doesn’t increase due to “people in this town like college football” people already know that.

[QUOTE=ninerID;273100]everything is a competition, nothing is going to help us do this, especially not the acc. The wachovia golf tournament is competition. There are only X amount of dollars out there, X doesn’t increase due to “people in this town like college football” people already know that.[/QUOTE]

So how does Charlotte hosting the ACC Tournament this year hurt us? From my perspective it was nice that we get to play Wake and Maryland.

I don’t see a one day once a year event being a negative for us, its not like something horrible such as Davidson joining the ACC.

I think it is a shame that the main reason for the whole conference shake-up (ACC, Big East, CUSA) was the ACC wanted to add 3 teams so they could make all this money by having a championship football game. They thought it would be FSU and Miami every year, so they put it in Jacksonville. They get stuck with teams that don’t travel well paying there the past 2 years, and no one shows up. That arial view yesterday was pathetic.

The end result, ACC raids Big East, Big East raids CUSA, we are booted to the A10. That pathetic game yesterday was the cause of all of it.

It does not matter - the game will end up back in FL - I am guessing Orlando? Charlotte will host the game for 2 or 3 years and then it will return to FL. Charlotte will just be a stop gap and there will be open seats here, unless a handful of schools are playing. All ya’ll’s bickering is a moot point. By the time we are on the gridiron the game will be gone.

i hope wake brings more fans to the tire bowl than they brought to bobcat arena. i doubt the stadium is anywhere close to full for this year’s tire bowl.

Correct.

Hate to say it but the Tire Bowl will experience its 2nd non sale out this year. Wake might be respectible (30,000?) but UConn will not! This is a bad matchup!