according to chad ford iti is back

according to the espn insider report today…it was on his list of “prominent” names to already pull themselves out of the draft…i tried to cut and paste the article, but it doesnt allow you because its a pay site…this surprised me, because all ive been reading here is that he is leaving for sure…hopefully chad knows the real deal.

take a screen capture and upload it to the picture gallery.

i just saved it as txt file…here is the opening of the article

By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

Mock draft (June 14): Standard version | Slideshow version
The deadline for underclassmen to withdraw from the draft is at 5 p.m. ET. Most
of the top American underclassmen – Emeka Okafor, Dwight Howard, Andre
Iguodala, Josh Childress, Luol Deng, Josh Smith, Devin Harris, Shaun Livingston,
Ben Gordon, Kirk Snyder, J.R. Smith, Kris Humphries, Robert Swift, Donta Smith,
Sebastian Telfair, Trevor Ariza, Randy Orr and Jackie Butler – already have
hired agents, ending their college eligibility.
Several other top underclassmen – including Al Jefferson, Dorell Wright, Kevin
Martin, Brandon Bass and Delonte West – still were on the fence as of Wednesday
night. However, all five are said to be leaning toward staying in the draft.
A few prominent underclassmen – including LaMarcus Aldridge, Ryan Gomes, Nate
Robinson, Dijon Thompson, Odartey Blankson, Martin Iti, Roger Powell and Marco
Kilingsworth – already have said they’ll return to school.
More difficult to project are the international underclassmen, who don’t have
the specter of NCAA eligibility hanging over them and can withdraw without
penalty. Insider made a flurry of phone calls Wednesday trying to track down the
status of the top international underclassmen.
Here is what we have confirmed. As we get definitive answers on the on-the-fence
guys throughout the day, we’ll update the list.

[b]A few prominent underclassmen -- including LaMarcus Aldridge, Ryan Gomes, Nate Robinson, Dijon Thompson, Odartey Blankson, Martin Iti, Roger Powell and Marco Kilingsworth -- already have said they'll return to school. [/b]

I’m not sure wether I believe that or not. Iti did say at one time that he was planning on coming back, but then changed his mind. Maybe this guy just never got the news. Here is a USA Today article (from today) saying that Iti declared himself eligible.

that was written on June 14…the Bonnel article where Iti said he’s leaning toward staying in was well before that date, right?

the article i posted is from today…and i understand you can’t believe what you read…but this is espn…the 1 source for sports…

Okay messiah…it looked like it was written on June 14. ESPN is obviously all over it, but Mike Persinger says it doesn’t look good in another thread, and his info is coming from today, as well.

I hope its correct… just not getting my hopes up too high. He did say he made phone calls Wednesday to track down the status of various players…

EDIT: I think the June 14 date is for the mock draft link. Messiah said it was posted today and the article says he made phone calls Wednesday (yesterday I’m assuming). Still not getting my hopes up though.

[i]Originally posted by messiah49ah[/i]@Jun 17 2004, 12:17 PM [b] A few prominent underclassmen -- including Martin Iti -- already have said they'll return to school.

As we get definitive answers on the on-the-fence
guys throughout the day, we’ll update the list. [/b]

Iti did say he’ll return to school. The question is, which time is Chad Ford quoting him from? Just like in the recent Charlotte Observer story, Iti implied he was returning and not returning.

I still say that Old What’s His Name woke up this morning and put on a clean “Will Hoop for Food” tshirt.

Not sure I call this ESPN report definitive.