Ace & TJ

My girlfriend just called to tell me that Ace & TJ talked about tonight’s game on their show this morning. Apparently they said that if you’re looking for something to do tonight, to go check out the Niners, who are now ranked and tied for second in the conference. They mentioned that it’s a big game and that there are 1100 tickets left. Just figured I’d pass along the fact that the game got mentioned on there. Hopefully it might help in getting a few more people there.

I brought them up about a month ago because on days following our games, Yankee Peete would refer to us as UNC Charlotte 49ers. I sent him an email about it and he was very courteous in his response and vowed to never use the “UNC” part again. He kept his word because he’s only said “Charlotte” sense.

Sports is at the bottom of their priority list on that station so the fact that we get mention like the one your girlfriend heard is great. Again, when you win games, it’s really tough for the media to deny you. We just really need to take care of business tonight so that we keep everyone in the local media on board.

Offically aren’t we still UNCC…I don’t know why everyone gets so pissy about that.

[i]Originally posted by bleedsgreenandgold[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 07:48 AM [b]Offically aren't we still UNCC....I don't know why everyone gets so pissy about that.[/b]
The school is still UNC-Charlotte, though for years there's been talk of changing that. However, when talking about athletics (such as giving the scores from a basketball game), it's officially just Charlotte. The UNC part was dropped a few years back.

I don’t know if I can handle being surrounded by peolple who think Ace and TJ are funny.

OH well. It’s asses in the seats, I’ll take it.

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 07:56 AM [b] It's asses in the seats, I'll take it. [/b]
No, they need to be standing, jumping up and down, cheering each and every play.

Charlotte or UNCC…I’m still freakin siked for the game tonight!!!

clt adds that hot girls generally listen to that program.

[i]Originally posted by bleedsgreenandgold[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 07:48 AM [b] Offically aren't we still UNCC....I don't know why everyone gets so pissy about that. [/b]
School = UNCC Athletics = Charlotte

P.S. The official school colors are green and white.

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 07:56 AM [b] I don't know if I can handle being surrounded by peolple who think Ace and TJ are funny. [/b]
C'mon Mike...fess up that you listen to Bob & Sherri every morning. :P

Ace & TJ are funny a lot of the time. I consider myself a fan.

That said, I’m glad they’re showing us love on the air. Sounds like we may be flirting with a sellout.

[i]Originally posted by ellifyno[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 07:54 AM [b] The school is still UNC-Charlotte, though for years there's been talk of changing that. [/b]
Ellifyno, my fellow Niner, a REAL Niner knows there is absolutely, positively, NO f-ing hyphen in UNC Charlotte!

I can’t believe I just saw a post with “siked” in it.

[i]Originally posted by run49er+Feb 16 2005, 09:23 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Feb 16 2005, 09:23 AM)

From looking at the poor grammar on this board, there’s no doubt we are all Niner grads (past, present and future)…hee hee.

[b]C'mon Mike...fess up that you listen to Bob & Sherri every morning. [/b]

:scared: She remain me of Kathy Lee Guilford

I never have fully understood the dislike of the name UNCC. I remember when the cheerleaders used to do a UNCC cheer similar to the YMCA dance of the 70s. I’ll be miffed if they do ever drop the UNC from the name, there is something to be said for tradition. Of course, I don’t suffer from the UNC envy the rest of the state does. After all, the renigged on our deal to play one there in exchange for one at our home court in the 90s after we pushed them to OT.

clt feels that uncc would be fine if unc chapel was known nationally as unc chapel hill and not unc. b/c of this, we look like a lesser branch campus rather than our own damn school.
f the fairys.

I’m just glad that the national (and sometimes local) media doesn’t call the team NC-Charlotte. There are tons of schools in this era that shortenend their name to get more recognition: UT Chattanooga dropped the UT, Kent State dropped the State, Memphis State dropped the State, Southeast Missouri State is now just SMS, Detroit U. and Mercy College merged and became Detroit-Mercy, now its just Detroit.

Thats a fun game. Well for me anyway, I’m a big tool. Can anyone else think of recently shortened names for athletic programs?

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 02:30 PM [b] clt feels that uncc would be fine if unc chapel was known nationally as unc chapel hill and not unc. b/c of this, we look like a lesser branch campus rather than our own damn school. f the fairys. [/b]
Word for word, that was the best summation I've ever seen.

Bravo.