Actual Ad, 50% off on abortions....just wow.

[URL]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=46341[/URL]

Not much to say, just wow…appalling.

That’s appalling.

Different culture though. :unhappy:

<<Devil’s advocate. Alright, so if you are pro-choice, why is this so appalling? If someone needs this procedure and is clearly in a low income bracket, why is it bad to offer them assistance? I’ll leave the differences between China and the US out for now.

<<Devil's advocate. Alright, so if you are pro-choice, why is this so appalling? If someone needs this procedure and is clearly in a low income bracket, why is it bad to offer them assistance? I'll leave the differences between China and the US out for now.

Because of the way it’s promoted. Look at the woman in the picture. Reminds you of a cigarette ad. Almost think it’s cool and makes someone feel free to have the abortion.

Most pro-choice understand it’s a very tough decision and a woman should understand the importance when making such decision. But they want the decision available.

The ad appears to make a serious decision shallow and glib.

I’d be appalled if this were in the US, but have you seen how many people are in China? I’m surprised abortion isn’t mandatory over there.

I'd be appalled if this were in the US, but have you seen how many people are in China? I'm surprised abortion isn't mandatory over there.
They have a strongly enforced 1 child per family limit and as I remember it used to be a 2 child limit.
They have a strongly enforced 1 child per family limit and as I remember it used to be a 2 child limit.

I know, thats why so many babies from China are adopted over here.

Because of the way it's promoted. Look at the woman in the picture. Reminds you of a cigarette ad. Almost think it's cool and makes someone feel free to have the abortion.

Most pro-choice understand it’s a very tough decision and a woman should understand the importance when making such decision. But they want the decision available.

The ad appears to make a serious decision shallow and glib.

Haha yea I didn’t look at that chick like that. It’s a little difficult to say what exactly she is supposed to be doing since she is saluting, but I see what you are saying.

I think over there since they are so overcrowded and have child per family restrictions, she may be saluting because having that abortion when the time isn’t right to have your one child is helping the community. It might not be as big a deal over there to have an abortion to begin with.

Most abortions over there are not a choice, there forced because of the 1 kid policy.
They abort girls voluntarily, because everyone wants a boy.
What happens when you have a nation of 20-50 year old single men that are horny, lonely, & losing population? They’ll invade their neighbors, steal & rape wifes like the Ghengis Khan days. Who wants to revert back to the 1200’s?

Genghis Khan was awesome. You’re nuts.

Guess it wasn’t your sis or mom he grabbed. I bet they were happy. Not!

The 1 child policy only matters in the urban areas. They are not forced to abort if they have a 2nd, they just have to pay more. If both the mother and the father came from single child households, they can have 2 children. People that live in rural areas can have children as they please.

Yeah Niner National, I forgot China “improved” their policy this year after 40-50 years of crap. Still sucks if you’re in the city.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;427456]Because of the way it’s promoted. Look at the woman in the picture. Reminds you of a cigarette ad. Almost think it’s cool and makes someone feel free to have the abortion.

The ad appears to make a serious decision shallow and glib.[/QUOTE]

lol, to me that picture doesn’t scream cool, it screams “bad stock photo”.

The 1 child policy only matters in the urban areas. They are not forced to abort if they have a 2nd, they just have to pay more. If both the mother and the father came from single child households, they can have 2 children. People that live in rural areas can have children as they please.

I thought that the state helps with subsidies for the first child. Any children afterwards are not given subsidies. Thus, only well off families can have more than one child. Most rural areas are not affected by such subsidies since they live in isolation.

Is this correct?

lol, to me that picture doesn't scream cool, it screams "bad stock photo".

haha. Definitely didn’t spend a fortune on the marketing genius of the ad. :smile:

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;427469]Most abortions over there are not a choice, there forced because of the 1 kid policy.
They abort girls voluntarily, because everyone wants a boy.
What happens when you have a nation of 20-50 year old single men that are horny, lonely, & losing population? They’ll invade their neighbors, steal & rape wifes like the Ghengis Khan days. Who wants to revert back to the 1200’s?[/QUOTE]

Isn’t there a statistic out there which states that 1 out of 10,000 people can trace their lineage back to Genghis Khan?

Correction: 1 in 200 males today may trace their lineage to Genghis and his sons.

[B]What happens when you have a nation of 20-50 year old single men that are horny, lonely, & losing population?[/B] They'll invade their neighbors, steal & rape wifes like the Ghengis Khan days. Who wants to revert back to the 1200's?

Then you would have a nation full of Stonecoldken’s…:biggrin:

Wow, sick burn.

You guys are getting worked up for nothing. The ad is written in Ching Chong and probably just says half price college books.