AD Finalists Named

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/news/2018/2/22/general-dubois-announces-finalists-for-ad-position.aspx

My vote is for Hill has past experience leading searches for the hiring of coaches

clt says this seems odd

As far as resume, I like that Phil Esten was at several different schools and had that exposure to different approaches, strategies, etc. Mike Hill was in the univ of Florida ā€œfamilyā€ for sometime. Not to say thatā€™s a bad family to learn in.

The resume can sometimes be deceptive. Maybe he was the guy pulling the trigger but maybe he was on a panel but really didnā€™t have the yes/no decision. ā€œLed Search, Helped Hire and/or Managedā€ Who knows.

clt doesnt agree

[font=Verdana]Phil Esten of Penn State[/font]
[font=Verdana]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzD1ASxiwBQ[/font]

[font=Verdana]I could not find an interview with Mike Hill of Florida.[/font]

underwhelmed

very underwhelmedā€¦

Do we really want a graduate from Chapel Thrill? >:(

Mike Hill

http://floridagators.com/staff.aspx?staff=242

[quote=ā€œNinerNirvana, post:7, topic:32383ā€][font=Verdana]Phil Esten of Penn State[/font]
[font=Verdana]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzD1ASxiwBQ[/font]

[font=Verdana]I could not find an interview with Mike Hill of Florida.[/font][/quote]

Found a transcribed one though a bit dated.

Onlygators.com: A conversation with the Florida Gatorsā€™ executive associate AD: Changes to football and basketball

No.

Hell to the no.

Times New Roman font size 60 Bold Underline N O

I donā€™t give a sh!t how qualified he may be or even how good he may beā€¦I do not want ANYTHING Chapel Hill related anywhere near us. Chapel Hill has been the bane of our existence for our entire existence.

Just stop it. I will support no one with a background from Chapel Hill in any role within our athletic dept.

My promised returned support for the ousting Judy will go right back out the door.

Just for the damn principle of it all.

Seriously Philā€¦a Chapel Hill grad!?

Suck my a$$!

Give the person a chance. Judge people by their actions.

Nope.

Not when it comes to Chapel Hill.

clt says the poll should be provided to the BOT.

Also, clt is offended that a CHeat is a finalist

I am not sure what people are looking for, but these look like two guys with successful backgrounds at P5 programs with big time football.

Hill is about 50, and Esten about 45, so they have been around long enough to do big things, but are young enough to understand that social media and data analytics are things.

Hill was involved in hiring Amanda Butler, so it is a safe bet they have had a long talk and he understands our opportunities and challenges. I like the idea that a candidate does, and finds us an attractive option.

Esten lists a lot of speaking engagements, and that is going to be key to making us a bigger part of the Charlotte community, especially the business community.

Jeff Mullins went to, and played for Duke, but I saw him go after their lunch money twice in Cameron like he was born wearing green. I donā€™t care if Hill went to Chapel Hill as long as he knows that I donā€™t care about Chapel Hill. Donā€™t bring that stuff in here.

I am sure that Turnkey feels like these are two candidates that can solve our problems, and I am trusting that process to produce good results. Just reading the resumes I lean towards Hill, but getting them on campus will probably be a lot more instructive.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:17, topic:32383ā€]I am not sure what people are looking for, but these look like two guys with successful backgrounds at P5 programs with big time football.

Hill is about 50, and Esten about 45, so they have been around long enough to do big things, but are young enough to understand that social media and data analytics are things.

Hill was involved in hiring Amanda Butler, so it is a safe bet they have had a long talk and he understands our opportunities and challenges. I like the idea that a candidate does, and finds us an attractive option.

Esten lists a lot of speaking engagements, and that is going to be key to making us a bigger part of the Charlotte community, especially the business community.

Jeff Mullins went to, and played for Duke, but I saw him go after their lunch money twice in Cameron like he was born wearing green. I donā€™t care if Hill went to Chapel Hill as long as he knows that I donā€™t care about Chapel Hill. Donā€™t bring that stuff in here.

I am sure that Turnkey feels like these are two candidates that can solve our problems, and I am trusting that process to produce good results. Just reading the resumes I lean towards Hill, but getting them on campus will probably be a lot more instructive.[/quote]For me, Hill spending his entire career in one place is a huge red flag for me. We just fired an athletic director that spent her entire career in one environment.

I like that Esten has been exposed to how things are done at several large institutions. I also like that he seems to specialize in community engagement and fundraising. His resume just strikes me more as I want to be ā€œthe guyā€ somewhere, while Hillā€™s strikes me more as ā€œIā€™d like to be back home and this job looks like a comfortable place to beā€.

I could be entirely off base, as I know nothing about either of these guys, but Esten just looks like a better hire to my eyes.

Iā€™m good with Esten. Twitter feed says he gets it, the promotion side

Hill is a non starter.

(Sorry to normbulamce for not getting his permission to speak)

No.

Hell to the no.

Times New Roman font size 60 Bold Underline N O

I donā€™t give a sh!t how qualified he may be or even how good he may beā€¦I do not want ANYTHING Chapel Hill related anywhere near us. Chapel Hill has been the bane of our existence for our entire existence.

Just stop it. I will support no one with a background from Chapel Hill in any role within our athletic dept.

My promised returned support for the ousting Judy will go right back out the door.

Just for the damn principle of it all.

Seriously Philā€¦a Chapel Hill grad!?

Suck my a$$![/quote]
Would you take Danny Morrison if he was a finalist?