Adam Morrison is out for the season

Morrison tore his ACL. Sad story, I thought he had a chance to turn around his miserable rookie season, but it looks like its gonna be a while until he gets that chance.

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/507/story/328487.html[/URL]

that really sucks for him

i hope he has a quick and good recovery.

That sucks.

Yeah it does suck. Sean May and Morrison, those are 2 big blows to a team that has playoff hopes.

GO BOBCATS!!

Not as big of a loss with the emergence of Walter Hermann last season. Still hurts though considering Morrison was playing well in the preseason.

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;263347]Yeah it does suck. Sean May and Morrison, those are 2 big blows to a team that has playoff hopes.

GO BOBCATS!![/QUOTE]

othello harrington had his knees scoped and is missing preseason.

Who thinks w/out Morrison & Mays, the season is over besides me?

Who thinks w/out Morrison & Mays, the season is over besides me?

morrison was inconsistent and may was out most of last year…if they dont make the playoffs…not having these guys is not whats keeping them out. i think if okafor stays healthy they’re in. he missed like 10 games last year and they went like 1-9…if he would have been there they likely would have been in the playoffs considering they were less than that many games out.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;263693]Who thinks w/out Morrison & Mays, the season is over besides me?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? These guys are worthless. They contributed nothing last season. Matt Carrol took Morrison’s position anyway and is way more consistent, just resigned and will probably make less than Morrison until his rookie contract is up. May has been hurt his whole career, and will be lucky to score a 1000 points before he’s out of the league. I dont see how these injuries will effect the Bobcats at all this season. I still see the Bobcats as 2 or 3 years away from the playoffs. But I dont think either of these guys have any real value in the league. I dont expect to see either of them in a Bobcats jersey after their 3 years guaranteed, is up. Just my opinion. Thier starting 5 should be pretty solid, even though they will be really small. But bench depth and again expereince will be big issues for them. I dont think having Morrison and May on the bench would have really made much of a difference.

I’ll take Walter Herman over Morrison any day. He basically filled Morrison’s role last year towards the end of the season and played very well. I think he averaged just under 20 ppg and 9 rpg in the last 21 games…or so I remember. He also played good D. That was when Morrison sat the bench and the Bobcats went on a roll.

My biggest concern is injuries and depth. We chose not to resign Voshkul, who was a very good backup center and we let Brevin Knight go. Those guys have been respectively replaced by an aging Jeff Mcinnis and a razor thin Ryan Hollis. If we lose Felton or Brezic, we’re screwed. I would agree that we are a longshot to make the playoffs, but we’re only in year four. It took the Hornets five years to make their first playoff appearance.