Affordable University Area Apartment?

Me and some buddies are looking to move off campus to an apartment within 2-3 miles of campus. We’re looking for a 3-4 room apartment for $350-400. Any suggestions or know of a place to search?

[QUOTE=Hooner49;368527]Me and some buddies are looking to move off campus to an apartment within 2-3 miles of campus. We’re looking for a 3-4 room apartment for $350-400. Any suggestions or know of a place to search?[/QUOTE]

Are you looking to pay that per person, or total?

If you’re looking for that to be a total… you’re in trouble.

Are you looking to pay that per person, or total?

If you’re looking for that to be a total… you’re in trouble.

Per person.

$350 for UT North
$390 for The Edge, I believe, since they dropped rates.

Don’t do it. Stay on campus. It’s better. I wish I had anyways.

We have an open room in Ashford Green for $270 a month. I know you’re looking to move with your buddies, but if you want the room let me know. I live with Niner National. Room will be open January 1st.

$350 for UT North $390 for The Edge, I believe, since they dropped rates.

Thanks. UT North, The Edge, and Pavilion Crossing are the only apartment complexes around campus that I’ve actually been to. UT North and The Edge seem pretty basic. From my experience, UT North seems a bit more laid back which is what we’re looking for.

From my experience, UT North seems a bit more [B]ghetto[/B] which is what we're looking for.

fixed

I lived in UT North and I live in Durham, ya’ll are just haters.

Whatever you do, avoid U-CLUB at all costs. That is, unless you enjoy consistent robberies and leaks from the ceiling that never get fixed. UVillage is run by the same people, so I’d probably avoid that one as well.

Whatever you do, avoid U-CLUB at all costs. That is, unless you enjoy consistent robberies and leaks from the ceiling that never get fixed. UVillage is run by the same people, so I'd probably avoid that one as well.

Eh. U-Club is nice. I mean all these places around campus are constantly getting broken into etc…

Just make sure wherever you’re at, you are centralized. Try to be in one away from the main roads, or any paths that may run behind it into campus. Also, if you can, get on the highest floor. If someone tries to break into you’re place and you’re on the third floor they’re retarded. They may get away, but they’re still retarded. Mainly just stay off the bottom floor IMO.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;368796]Eh. U-Club is nice. I mean all these places around campus are constantly getting broken into etc…[/QUOTE]

Really? I dont think anybody would steal anything at Campus Edge…

Really? I dont think anybody would steal anything at Campus Edge.....

That’s some good sarcasm you’ve got there.

Ha ha and you dont like CE because of all the damn garbage in peoples rooms LoL

Geez… I still remember fearing for our dishes…

Ha ha and you dont like CE because of all the damn garbage in peoples rooms LoL

Geez… I still remember fearing for our dishes…

My room was always the messiest.

But when it comes to CE and safety, weren’t you and our old roommate on TV talking to the news about how you felt unsafe?

[QUOTE=J Felt;368808]My room was always the messiest.

But when it comes to CE and safety, weren’t you and our old roommate on TV talking to the news about how you felt unsafe?[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the garbage incident of 06 when one of our roomates went NUTS

Bottomline: Campus Edge is so ghetto if I felt safe then there was probably some wrong.

Its fun, but once you leave its like you’ve left prison… Although I must say we were lucky we had an apt right there next to the guard station.

Its also the people you live with too. I had a blast living at campus edge, although our apartment was 1 step above a shanty. Its alot of fun with the partying and proximity to campus. Just depends on your personality. If your gonna lock yourself up in your room, you probably dont want to stay at CE or any of the close by campus apartments. I’d say stick to campus or a few miles outside of campus.

Sometimes I would wish I didnt live at CE, but in the end I enjoyed my time with Jfelt and BP. The best thing in the world is going to a bball game carefree, not having to worry about driving back etc etc.

I was talking about the garbage incident of 06 when one of our roomates went NUTS

Bottomline: Campus Edge is so ghetto if I felt safe then there was probably some wrong.

Its fun, but once you leave its like you’ve left prison… Although I must say we were lucky we had an apt right there next to the guard station.

Oh yah. That incident. It goes right behind the toaster almost burning the apartment down.

And the security guard was good, but the guys above us still got robbed in the middle of the day.

What? Really? I dont remember hearing that

That sucks…