Akease Rankin - 2015 RB - verbally committed to Charlotte

6ft 200lbs RB that runs a 4.5 out of Mooresville just committed. Big get if we can hold on to him. So far he has 901 yards on 89 carries with 16 TD’s.

highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/937439/akease-rankin

Great pickup for the Niners.Welcome to Niner Nation Akease!!

Really excited about this kid. He has been flying under the radar, and is currently unrated on Rivals and 247, but he has been putting up outstanding numbers. He is the second player (along with Nate Mullen) from the 2014 Big 22 (WSOC-TV’s list of the best players in the greater Charlotte area) that has committed here.

sign the OL. nobody ever touches him! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking the same thing.

I like this guy. Must be a pretty tough kid to admit to his high school peers, his favorite movie is Nemo :slight_smile: Hey, it was pretty good so I’m not judging and appears he’s honest. And it’s good to know he wants to be a GOAT (someone will have to fill me in to what that means). Maybe he just wants to eat everything in his way…sounds good to me.

Seriously, glad to have him aboard and from the clip he seems to be a well spoken young man that appears to appreciate the opportunities that will be presented to him. That’s not to be taken for granted.

I liked that interview. Seems like a solid kid.

[b]Talent I wish I had: [/b]Speed

Says he wishes he had speed, and he runs a 4.5? Who’s he trying to be? The Flash?

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:29054”]

Talent I wish I had: Speed

Says he wishes he had speed, and he runs a 4.5? Who’s he trying to be? The Flash?[/quote]

Dang turtle, right? ::slight_smile:

[size=3]One more great addition to 2015’s class! [/size]

[font=Arial][size=14px]Stats I read were 225 carries, 2100 yards and 21 TD’s. I had to do the math. That’s a TD about 1 every 10 touches and pretty much averaging a first down, or 10 yards every carry. He’s going to be fun to watch. [/size][/font]

Those are his career numbers.

Edit: Sorry, I read it as you misunderstood them as his this season stats.

Guilty pleasure: Reading. Huh?

clt endorses.

Elected to the Shrine Bowl.

Left the game with a sprained ankle Friday(or Thursday, not sure when Mooresville played) doesn’t seem to serious. Might be good for us though as far as keeping other schools away from him.

Cool. We should continue to recruit to the player’s/player’s family’s desire to play close to home so the family can often watch them play in person. Family ties can be strong for some kids.

Cool. We should continue to recruit to the player’s/player’s family’s desire to play close to home so the family can often watch them play in person. Family ties can be strong for some kids.[/quote]

maybe some of the best ones!

http://www.charlotteparent.com/articlemain.php?2015-Terrific-Teen-Akease-Rankin-5338

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:19, topic:29054”]http://www.charlotteparent.com/articlemain.php?2015-Terrific-Teen-Akease-Rankin-5338[/quote]Sounds like an upstanding young man.