Alex Highsmith selected by Steelers

I was impressed with Alex again. He was on a crossing stunt and flowed about 40 yds across the field to plant one of the NFL’s quickest QB’s into the ground. He was solid overall and looked better to me than Ingram.

3 Likes

clt says Alex is going to get paid

1 Like

The Steelers Defense should be scary good if healthy. Devin Bush the 4th best LB on the field? Maybe, but that conversation means the entire lb core should be great. Alex is in his perfect situation, and maybe the best he will ever get

Alex looks great

2 Likes

He’ll be in town next Friday night!

He didn’t just look like a solid NFL starter tonight, he looked like a potential future pro bowler. He was dominating most every play I saw. Only mistake I saw was he wasn’t holding the edge on a few runs where he got hurt overlaying the pass. Otherwise it seemed like he was beating his man play after play.

I agree. Alex should have been awarded a safety after being held while the QB was in his endzone. Alex’s acceleration has really improved.

4 Likes

Alex earns the only PFF A rating vs Detroit!

5 Likes

Alex is a technician of rare form for his age and experience. Our Niners should be studying him weekly

1 Like

Alex is our best pro Niner. His improvement from the end of his senior season to the end of his rookie season was amazing to watch. Here are some highlights, but remember this, Alex is set to make a bigger improvement in Year 2.

2 Likes

Zombies are unbearable, but Highsmith is unblockable

1 Like
3 Likes

Alex was called for encroachment when he was actually faster than the official’s eyes. Dude was on time, but looked impossibly fast to official. That’s fast

1 Like

I’m holding out hope that this is the week Alex Highsmith comes out of his funk and gets some heat on the quarterback. Seattle is going to focus heavily on slowing down linebacker T.J. Watt, there’s no excuse for Highsmith to struggle this week.

Alex has been playing injured since the first game, so there is a good excuse. His movement before and after his groin injury is night and day, much like Watt’s situation. Could be serious, could linger all season, hopefully gets better

clt says Alex with a sack early