Alex Highsmith selected by Steelers

Alex looks like he was built to be a Steelers outside linebacker. He is in a much better situation than LarryO; much smarter and higher character guys on that Steelers defense. Alex has a personality that reminds me of Cam Heyward. TJ Watt is amazing

Love Larry, I don’t wish the Browns on anyone.

1 Like

• Alex Highsmith, who was assigned multiple reps in Monday’s backs-on-backers drill, showed well on Tuesday, and he earning praise from Tomlin - and some extra teaching on his footwork from teammate T.J. Watt.

• Watt energized his teammates with an especially quick and forceful tackle of RB Anthony McFarland behind the line of scrimmage in an early live period.

2 Likes

Rare high praise from Coach Tomlin about two rookies. I have a 49er 56 original green jersey. Need a black snd gold 56

“To be succinct, they’re proving that they belong,” Tomlin said of Claypool and Highsmith. “Both guys have kind of distinguished themselves in some JV competition, if you will, over the course of this camp process. They’ve gotten more opportunity against known veteran guys and really, they don’t appear to be out of place in that company.”

“So, so far so good. As they continue to prove themselves, that will increase and thus the growth process for those two and others. But those two you mentioned specifically, are one of the ones I’m thinking about when I’m talking about guys that have had an opportunity to ascend and are taking advantage of it.”

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lemay cut by Browns after impressing in training camp. He is too high a character guy for DooDooBrowns. Panthers should at least sign him to practice squad.

Steelers radio Tunch and Wolfe were amazed about a freakishly fast and effective spin move Highsmith put on someone last week, that drew ooohs ooze from the team. Looks like we will be seeing more of Alex at outside linebacker than I thought nextnext Monday night vs NY.

Lemay remains on Browns practice squad.

2 Likes

DB Osborne working out for Washington.

Alex played very well. Been watching the Steelers for a lifetime, and Alex was very impressive compared to most other rookie LB’s I have watched play their first game.

3 Likes

Did you mean Washington Football Team?. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
https://15l49zg1iba3ss07c1o36b5d-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2019-10-25_12.20.29-1.jpg

3 Likes

5 Likes

Alex had his best game yesterday. He is making plays and being disruptive. I used to get worried if I did not see #90 on the field, but now I get excited because it means Alex is about to make a play. Highsmith is no place holder, he is making an impact as a rookie on a defense that might be the Steelers best I have seen since 1995. One particular play that stood out was Alex beating his block and planting the NFL’s best running back (255# Henry) for a loss.

7 Likes

1st career pick! Off Lamar Jackson. Huge as it setup a TD pass to Ebron and cut the BAL lead to 17-14.

7 Likes

Couldn’t be more proud. Made my weekend after our crappy game yesterday.

Also, good to get a little revenge on Lamar after he ran it up on us in 2016.

4 Likes

Alex56 turned the game in a way that made the Steelers 7-0. He played a ton of effective snaps. Niners need to work harder like Alex56.

image image

3 Likes

Akex56 gets gets first press conference questions! Must watch

2 Likes

Nice article featuring 56.

3 Likes