All heart & hustle team

Which guys do you think busted their asses the most for the good of the team and showed the most passion, heart, and desire to win for the green and white? Here is mine…

pg Diego Guevara
sg Jobey Thomas
sf Eddie Basden
pf Jarvis Lang
c Kenkay Jones

6th man: Galen Young

Bench: Sean Colson, James Zimmerman, Kevlin Price Tremaine Gardner, Antwon Coleman, Leemire Goldwire

Head Coach: Bobby LUUUUUUUTZ!

I only have watched Niner ball since I got here so I don’t know about any of the players before that, but you know I’ve got to give big ups to my man Leemire. The boy is just flat out sick. The game against GA Southern, he was a human highlight real. No joke. I really wish I had that game on video. He’s also not willing to let anyone give us niners crap. Mike Hall sure found that out.

There’s no way I could have Tremaine only coming off the bench. He probably played with more heart and hustle than half those guys combined. He’s one of my top 5 favorite Niners of all time solely because of what he gave on the court.

Not sure how you can leave Kummer out either. Not only did he give his heart and soul, he gave his two front teeth. :tongue:

not sure what other coaches were like but Head Coach: Bobby Lutz, love him or hate him, the guy is one of the most passionate coaches in the nation.

Jermaine Williams was a banger down low by the time he was a senior and always played really, really hard (ask Jonathan Bender).

You probably can’t omit Kinch.

EDIT: Calvin Clemmons. Mainly for regulating in the pregame vs. Memphis in 2002.

Martin Iti

I’ll go ahead and add Dinkins and Maxwell. Great players try hard too:wink:

Henry Williams was fouled hard by Radinko Dobra of the SF Bulls sent him to the goal post at the Hornets arena . He had to get stiches came back second half and helped us beat the bulls.
Sean Colson with a seperated shoulder during the first half against G’town. He came back and helped 49ers advance to the next round with 24 points and 6 assists in '97 NCAA tournament.
I remember Melvin Johnson was one of the hardest working center we had in the early '80s. In the late 90’s we had Calvin Price among some of the all heart and hustle Niners.

[QUOTE=ninerID;181584]not sure what other coaches were like but Head Coach: Bobby Lutz, love him or hate him, the guy is one of the most passionate coaches in the nation.[/QUOTE]
Hal Wissel always hustled to get those flash cards held up.

[QUOTE=Niner89;181592]Henry Williams was fouled hard by Radinko Dobra of the SF Bulls sent him to the goal post at the Hornets arena . He had to get stiches came back second half and helped us beat the bulls.
Sean Colson with a seperated shoulder during the first half against G’town. He came back and helped 49ers advance to the next round with 24 points and 6 assists in '97 NCAA tournament.
I remember Melvin Johnson was one of the hardest working center we had in the early '80s. In the late 90’s we had Calvin Price among some of the all heart and hustle Niners.[/QUOTE]

Was that the game Henry cut his forehead on the backboard? I saw that.

Yes! As I remember he had a steal and went for a dunk. He protected himself better after that incident. Radinko never liked Henry. The relationship is kind of like Logan and Guevara I think.:happy:

Not sure how you can leave Kummer out either. Not only did he give his heart and soul, he gave his two front teeth. :tongue:

Quoted for emphasis. I will NEVER forget seeing that…

scotty i know he didn’t play much. but i’d say Charles Hayward. for what its worth i think he had the most heart out of all these guys.

how can you have coleman on there? you cannot compare him to eddie, or even demon brown, played with passion and attitude for four years, coleman has been here for one.

you’ll see colemans heart this year man. but i still think hayward needs to be on your starting 5 scotty

[QUOTE=the daxified one;181605]scotty i know he didn’t play much. but i’d say Charles Hayward. for what its worth i think he had the most heart out of all these guys.[/QUOTE]

winner.

Henry was fouled by former Bull Gary Alexander, not Dobras.

Bobby Kummer
Edie Basden
Tremaine Gardiner
Diego Guevara
Henry Williams
Sean Colson
Cedric Broadhurst
Malru Dottin
Jarvis Lang
DeMarrco Johnson

and you guys aren’t going to like this…

Dalonte Hill

Bobby Kummer Edie Basden Tremaine Gardiner Diego Guevara Henry Williams Sean Colson Cedric Broadhurst Malru Dottin Jarvis Lang DeMarrco Johnson

and you guys aren’t going to like this…

Dalonte Hill

still don’t understand how you can leave out someone like charles hayward. the man had a heart of a giant. he never put up outstanding numbers while playing here but he gave it all for this program.

Dalonte Hill played for one year. He did have a good freshmen year as a utility player but no way that one season should get him on this list.

Versile Shaw-
I haven’t seen him on here yet though. The guy played his whole senior year with a bum knee (maybe ACL) and time after time came up with plays when we needed him.