Alma Mater debuts tomorrow

Hey folks. Since we had such a big hoo-hah about the Alma Mater over the summer, I should inform all of you that it will debut tomorrow night after the buzzer. We polished it this afternoon in rehearsal, and after the game tomorrow we will play the Fight Song one time, followed by the Alma Mater. We’re asking all students and alumni to please stay around and listen!

Why after the game what about halftime, or a timeout?

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 06:07 PM [b] Why after the game what about halftime, or a timeout? [/b]
gotta start somewhere. I'm sure that over half the ppl in the arena are gonna go "huh, whats that?" the first time its played. give it some time before it gains the popularity/recognition to play during a timeout/half/etc. etc.

Every other school that plays the Alma Mater plays it postgame. Even the Tar Holes. To do it disrespect would be to play it in the game …

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 06:07 PM [b] Why after the game what about halftime, or a timeout? [/b]
I've been to a lot of schools, and heard a lot of bands, and NO ONE plays the Alma Mater during the game. It's always immediately after.

Cool. I look forward to hearing it. Good job guys.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 08:03 PM [b] NO ONE plays the Alma Mater during the game. It's always immediately after. [/b]
That's right. Most schools do it right after the game.

I’m assuming there are words to it. Will someone be handing them out? :smiley:

[b]I'm assuming there are words to it. Will someone be handing them out? [/b]

Anybody have the words to it?

Hail University, to you our song we sing.
May Charlotte’s light dispel the night…

I have not a clue. You’d think it would be on UNCC’s website, but I sure can’t find it.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 11:06 PM [b] Anybody have the words to it? [/b]
Hail University To you we sing our praise May Charlotte's light dispel the night Illumine all our days

In Carolina’s crown
The brightest gem we see
Without your power our finest hour
Would hold no victory

So let us love your life
And cherish your great name
To aid your cause, uphold your laws
And your enduring fame

Some schools play it before the National Anthem. Of course, we never know who is going to perform, a singer, the pep band or use a recorded version. :rolleyes:

The band has done a good job performing so far this season. Good work!

[SIZE=1]I think UNCCTF should work on a tuba solo of the National Anthem for homecoming.[/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 1 2004, 09:03 AM [b] I think UNCCTF should work on a tuba solo of the National Anthem for homecoming. [/b]
I think HP is high. :D