Alternate Helmets - what would you like?

After seeing the new LA Tech helmets in the CUSA News and Notes section, as well as the following awesome helmets that Mempiss just came out with, I was wondering when/what you guys would like to see if we had alternative helmets?

Thereā€™s a few ways to look at this:

1. No alternates, make and keep tradition! For example, Tennessee would have an uprising if the white helmets with the power T and the stripe were taken away (there was almost one amongst the old-school fans when black and orange jerseys were worn a few years ago). I donā€™t see some teams ever changingā€¦

2. Alternates would be cool, but only after a few years. Establish, then deviate.

3. Lets get these things in here NOW. They can be an awesome recruiting tool (look at Oregon).

So, what are your thoughts? What would you like to see? These are the Memphis ones I eluded to earlier (via @coachingsearch). I personally think the chrome (and metallic) look is awesome. A metallic green helmet would be really cool.

(BTW Mods ā€“ if this would go better somewhere else (maybe an old thread) feel free to move it.)

Whoa ā€“ I love that matte finish in green.

I would like to incorporate maybe picks or something? On either the flat green or maybe the gold. That could be really cool.

We also have to becareful - CHP might suggest a light blue alt helmet.

C-pick. White or green helmet, I donā€™t care, just use the C-pick

Be like UMD with helmet & jersey in Maryland flag. I want NC flag on us before App, UNC-CH, State, or anyone else does it.

#StateofCharlotte ? Iā€™d be alright with that.

Of the pictures above, I want the C-pick on the matte green, but also think a solid black or black and white c-pick on gold would be awesome.

We need these Gold chin straps that Baylor has!

Matte Finish Green, white/gold/white stripe down the middle, Grey facemask and C Pick Logo

#StateofCharlotte ? Iā€™d be alright with that.

Of the pictures above, I want the C-pick on the matte green, but also think a solid black or black and white c-pick on gold would be awesome.[/quote]

^^^^

Yes.

And I like the idea of pickaxe stickers for big plays.

I am digging that metallic green that Baylor has! 8)

I also really like the metallic green. Slap a C-Pick on that bad boy and it would be fantastic.

How about doing Indianaā€™s helmet but in Green?

[quote=ā€œmwplayer, post:11, topic:27970ā€]I am digging that metallic green that Baylor has! 8)[/quote]Same here, just add the C pick and weā€™re set.

Pulling this one out from the Wayback Machine for this video that came out.

2 Likes

Good looking helmet, but I especially liked his comments about our campus and facilities. It almost sounded like he was implying that we were P5-like in that respect.

A 40K football stadium and we would fit the P5 profile.