Alumni Reception and Game - Washington DC - Jan 26th, 2008

[CENTER]Chancellor Dubois, UNC Charlotte Alumni Association to hold January Reception in Washington D.C.

[I] [B][SIZE=4]When: 1/26/2008[/SIZE][/B][/I]

Date: Saturday, January 26, 2008
Time: 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Game Time: 2:oo p.m. at the Smith Center
Where: McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon
2401 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington D.C. 20037

Chancellor Philip Dubois will be gathering with UNC Charlotte alumni in the Washington D.C. area on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon. The reception will be held prior to the UNC Charlotte v. George Washington women’s basketball game.

If you would like to attend the January reception and basketball game, please fill out the registration form on our website. After registering, the Alumni Association will contact you. Registration is $15 per person to attend the reception and the basketball game. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served.

If you decide to attend the basketball game only, you must stop by the reception to pick up your basketball tickets.

For more information on the Washington D.C. event, please contact the Alumni Association at (704) 687-7799 or
(800) 745-8622 or visit [URL=http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/]www.unccharlottealumni.org[/URL].

The Alumni Association will host a number of regional alumni receptions in 2007-2008. Receptions are being planned for Atlanta, New York City and Philadelphia for 2008. Please continue to check our website for updates on upcoming alumni receptions. [/CENTER]

HP and BDD will probably be there.

I may fly up for this game… especially if this event has FREE BEER?

edit: WHOA. This is the women’s game. Nope. I won’t be there… but I am thinking about trying to make the URI and/or UMass games since they are also on a Saturday.

I might have a chance to meet Over40 in the flesh…

no thanks.

I’ll be at Halton for the men’s game vs. Fordham.

I’m thinking about it Savio. Not sure about the game though.

[QUOTE=Savio;279297]I might have a chance to meet Over40 in the flesh…[/QUOTE]
No you won’t. I just checked the schedule and noticed this is a women’s game… hmmmmm… your post also says “women’s” game. This is what I get for viewing the Pole Vault thread and then reading this one. My eyes were not refocused.

No visit to DC for me this season, too much effort for my security detail. Besides, allowing 49erAlumus and squattie into any place called a saloon is just asking for trouble.

Gonna go out on a limb and say this one isn’t going to be as well attended as the other. I’d almost rather go up to NYC for that gathering.