Alumni Side

Just wondering if there was any particular reason that the alumni section at midcourt has had a total of about 27 people in it for our last two home games. I can understand the day before Thanksgiving, but there was NOBODY in that section tonight. The students didn’t show up in force either, but I think the lower sections at least looked decent.

Not pointing any fingers, I am just really curious as to the attendance shortage over there. Do alumn not give back their unused tickets so that side can be filled up on nights when a bunch don’t show up?

You lazy ####ers had Thanksgiving as an excuse last game, what’s your excuse this time??

I’ve been green jacket for over 10 years now and the best I can do is Section 119 and 103. I think the MAJORITY of empty seats in 120 to 123 are corprate seats with BANDWAGON fans. C’mon coporate sponsors, put some butts in the seats…

I, along with my true Niner friends, WILL go to Cincy this year to cheer on the Niners. Come Hell or high water.

and while we are at it, 103 was PATHETIC…well, Traci Ray was over there, but besides her, it was PATHETIC! :tongue: :biggrin:

I was sitting behind Traci and she’s quite a BABE!

Also, I agree, START MARCUS BENNETT!

I thought the turnout was pretty good at least the fans there made a lot of noise but they should be given the best seats available in the lower section if their seats are lower and they attend games. Same goes for upper section.

Yeah, Traci Ray is definitely fun to look at.

You lazy ####ers had Thanksgiving as an excuse last game, what's your excuse this time??

Considering the amount of money that the alumni that sit across from the benches pump into this school, they can do whatever they please. If they want to sit on their hands and not cheer, that’s their right. If they want to stay home, that’s their right. When you reach a point in your life where you have contributed enough to the school to even have the right to sit in those seats, THEN run your mouth about what those folks do or don’t do. Until then, quit your #####ing and be happy that those people do what they do for our program.

i don’t hate nor do i like the alumni but i respect them for the money they pump in. But when you don’t even remotely cheer for the team you support and you sit there looking pissed off the entire game why not enjoy it a little bit. There are a few alumni over there that get intense during the game. Point in case that 40-50 year old guy who chewed out the ref about not calling fouls on the portland players for being all over curt all game. It was extremely noticeable because the entire arena was silent when he did it.

While I’m no apologist for either the students or the wagoneers on the alumni side, the attendance last night as a whole was pretty pathetic. For the students who came, you guys made a lot of noise and were great. The alumni side was pretty voicetrous at times as well, but we were about 2000 butts short of what was needed. I was really disappointed that more students weren’t there, especially since many of them did not get to attend the MSU game because of Thanksgiving. The attendance in the box score says 5063, but I really don’t believe there were 4000 people there. Lots of empties.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;141697]but they should be given the best seats available in the lower section if their seats are lower and they attend games. Same goes for upper section.[/QUOTE]

That does go for the upper section with the studends. It’s GA on the upper student side.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;141675]and while we are at it, 103 was PATHETIC…well, Traci Ray was over there, but besides her, it was PATHETIC! :tongue: :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Who is this Traci Ray you speak of and who has pictures of her to post???

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;141764]Who is this Traci Ray you speak of and who has pictures of her to post???[/QUOTE]

http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/ray_traci00.html

:thumbsup:

for all you traci lovers

where’s the love for Sabrina Gregory???

Wowzers!!!

moss if you want sabrina pictures you can find them yourself i don’t feel like looking for them

[QUOTE=the daxified one;141701]i don’t hate nor do i like the alumni but i respect them for the money they pump in. But when you don’t even remotely cheer for the team you support and you sit there looking pissed off the entire game why not enjoy it a little bit. There are a few alumni over there that get intense during the game. Point in case that 40-50 year old guy who chewed out the ref about not calling fouls on the portland players for being all over curt all game. It was extremely noticeable because the entire arena was silent when he did it.[/QUOTE]

1. As an alumnus I could give a shit what your opinions on the alumni population are.
  2. The team is playing like crap, there really hasn’t been too much to get excited about. As of 11/29, this year has been a disapointment. The team needs to give the entire audience something to get fired up about.
    3)Comparing how a 40 year old and a 20 year old student act at game or in any other public setting is stupid. The same 40 year olds sitting in the alumni section were probably acting the fool in their day. Its all perspective.

I am now a very big Traci Ray fan… Looks like I may have to attend a women’s game…

well i’ll just say this. Comparing how 40 year old and another 40 year old act. NC State fans were cheering the entire game regardless of age while we sat there and watch our fans carry on conversations and not even paying attention to the game. This was last year when we were supposedly good. I don’t even pay attention to the alumni this year. It isn’t worth my concern if that even surprises you. Yeah you might can feed me that crap line i was here when the niners were going through their hardships while you were in your diapers playin with lincoln logs or what have you. But how does that discredit my loyalty to this university. Just because you have more years underneath your belts doesn’t make any of you better people. So if you are going to claim to “40 years old” do me a favor and act like it and show a little maturity and stop taking the internet so frekin seriously.