Alumni Tailgate Tent

Thinking about doing it for Chowan. Any experiences to report from Campbell. Itā€™s $30 which doesnā€™t seem unreasonable. Thoughts on if itā€™s worth it?

$30 for unlimited food and drinks? Would that be a charitable donation deduction?

I went over for a while on Saturday and had a pretty good time. Got to meet Alexander Kuehl!! Coach Major was also there talking with folks.

Do they charge kids also, my wife was intriged by it and we might do it at one of the later games, wouldnā€™t really want to pay 120 bucks for me and the wife and my 5 and 2 year oldā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll have to email them.

Where is this, and do you have to pre-pay or just show up and give them $30? Is it the big tent in the middle near the vendors?

[quote=ā€œeason49, post:5, topic:28214ā€]Where is this, and do you have to pre-pay or just show up and give them $30? Is it the big tent in the middle near the vendors?[/quote]Yes, big tent near vendors. Not sure about method of payment.

Here you goā€¦I went last week as wellā€¦ Nice to get in the shade, crowd was good and the beer cold. (This weeks info below)

[font=arial]
Tent Hours: 9:30am-11:30am
Game: 12:00pm

The UNC Charlotte Alumni Association invites you to our pre-game tailgate on Saturday, September 7, featuring food, beverages, live musical entertainment from [font=inherit]The Black Cadillacs[/font][/color], kid friendly attractions, and other family fun! Make sure you arrive in time to take part in the team walk beginning at 9:49am at the sidewalk outside of our tent.

Cost (includes food, beverages, and entertainment):[/font][font=arial][font=inherit]$30/adult[/font][font=inherit]$25/adult (gold card members only; limited to 1 per card member - click here for more information)[/font][font=inherit]$10/children ages 6-12[/font][font=inherit]Children 5 & under are free[/font][/font][font=arial][/color][font=inherit] Want to attend ALL tailgates this fall? Check out our fall tailgate package![/font][/font]
[font=arial][/color]September 7 Menu:[/font][font=arial][/color][font=inherit]Salad Option[/font][font=inherit]Caesar BLT Pasta[/font][font=inherit]Grilled Corn Salad[/font][font=inherit]Crilled Lemon-Herb Chicken[/font][font=inherit]Yukon Gold Potatoes[/font][font=inherit]Pan Fried Green Beans[/font][font=inherit]Dinner Rolls[/font][font=inherit]49er Cookies[/font][font=inherit]Ice Cream Novelties[/font][/font][list][font=arial][/font]
[ul][li][font=arial][/font][/li][/ul]

You can register online (alumni.uncc.edu/chowan) or you can register onsite at the tent. Online registration closes at 12:00pm on Friday, but you can pay with cash or credit card at the tent on Saturday.

[ul][li]$30/adult[/li]
[li]$25/adult (gold card members only; limited to 1 per card member - click here for more information)[/li]
[li]$10/children ages 6-12[/li]
[li]Children 5 & under are free[/li][/ul]

Beer couldnā€™t have been unlimited right? Did you get vouchers?

Unlimitedā€¦and good stuff tooā€¦ Blue Moon etc.

No vouchers, just a wrist band and an open bar.

No vouchers, just a wrist band and an open bar.[/quote]

What was the food spread like? Buffet?

No vouchers, just a wrist band and an open bar.[/quote]

Iā€™m in for this week

Blue Moon is good beer??

Blue Moon is good beer??[/quote]
Itā€™s not a bad beer, at least IMO.

I hate beer snobsā€¦

Just bc its not good to you, doesnt mean its not good peopleā€¦

I hate beer snobsā€¦

Just bc its not good to you, doesnt mean its not good peopleā€¦[/quote]

Yeah! Some people just like bad beer.

No, itā€™s a great beer!

No, itā€™s a great beer![/quote]I like a good beer, but there is still a part of me left over from my college years that thinks the 2 best beers are cold beer, and free beer. Offer me a Blue Moon though and I will drink water. Nasty swill. It is made by Miller, so just give me a Miller Lite instead.