Alumni.. where do you sit?

My tickets last year were in 216, I set in the GA student section when I actually made it to a game.

Was in 216 last year, but moved around. I got the family pack this year, so I’ll be in either 211 or 231.

I’m sure I’ll be able to move around for most games. If 226 is as rowdy as it sounds like it’s gonna be, maybe I’ll sit over there when I can.

4 behind the visitors bench and 4 at the end zone tables

216… I should change my name to Poor Niner

[QUOTE=metro;326285]unless I misunderstood Lefty last year, thats how they do it. You don’t jump from 216, to 2nd row in one season legitimately…unless you give an absolute ton in one yr.[/QUOTE]

I think the pooling actually benefits the Athletic Foundation and maintains or increases the number of tickets sold and used. Again, if you get 4 guys together and they each give $1000 per year and one of the employer’s has a match…that’s $8,000 compared to $4000. They get 8 good seats and all 8 are used. I don’t do the pooling, I still donate the same amount and it gets counted for points and benefits. I also pay for the tickets. I don’t see the problem other than leapfrogging as you pointed out.

I think the pooling actually benefits the Athletic Foundation and maintains or increases the number of tickets sold and used. Again, if you get 4 guys together and they each give $1000 per year and one of the employer's has a match...that's $8,000 compared to $4000. They get 8 good seats and all 8 are used. I don't do the pooling, I still donate the same amount and it gets counted for points and benefits. I also pay for the tickets. I don't see the problem other than leapfrogging as you pointed out.

the match part makes sense, if that is true. Hard to believe an employer is matching $4000 to an athletic dept

you’re sort of wrecking the system…it would be wrong of me to go recruit 3 (say Gill, Chi, Cass) to do this- to leapfrog over good longstanding boosters

its not right…but hey whatever works for you guys. If I were you I would of kept it to myself.

I am usually around 222 but I may not be there at all if CHP and the board does something stupid.

[QUOTE=metro;326332]the match part makes sense, if that is true. Hard to believe an employer is matching $4000 to an athletic dept

you’re sort of wrecking the system…it would be wrong of me to go recruit 3 (say Gill, Chi, Cass) to do this- to leapfrog over good longstanding boosters

its not right…but hey whatever works for you guys. If I were you I would of kept it to myself.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if employers match like they used to but it was pretty common among large employers. The Athletic foundation encourages people to seek out the match. Makes a lot of sense. I’m sure that if you had the chance to join up with 3 of your baseball buddies and get better seats, you would do it. They give you access to 4 or 8 seats depending on your level. I doubt many people have a family of 8 and you’re not going to waste those good seats.

the match part makes sense, if that is true. Hard to believe an employer is matching $4000 to an athletic dept

its not right…but hey whatever works for you guys. If I were you I would of kept it to myself.

Are you making a proposition? :shades:

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;326326]I think the pooling actually benefits the Athletic Foundation and maintains or increases the number of tickets sold and used. Again, if you get 4 guys together and they each give $1000 per year and one of the employer’s has a match…that’s $8,000 compared to $4000. They get 8 good seats and all 8 are used. I don’t do the pooling, I still donate the same amount and it gets counted for points and benefits. I also pay for the tickets. I don’t see the problem other than leapfrogging as you pointed out.[/QUOTE]
If it’s being filed under one person, 3 of you are losing a minimum 28% tax deduction and the ringleader can take a nice deduction.

In front of my laptop…

I buy guest tickets to sit with Shannon in the student section. Once she graduates, we’ll be in 226 with the rowdy crowd.

There are other things about pooling to consider. If the person who’s name it is in ever gets divorced you could lose half of your points in the settlement if the ex wants her(his) own seats. If the person that has the account gets married and has kids and wants four seats does that cut into the rest of the group? If there is a non-Halton game where they limit the number of tickets to less what you are buying who gets the seats? This often happens in post-season play (not that it has been much of a problem lately). If the account holder gets mad at everyone you might end up with nothing. Just some thoughts.

Metro makes a good point about leap-frogging. There are only 700 seats in the lower level between the baselines. There are definitely people that have been bumped out because of this. I think that it is just a part of the system though. My only gripe is when an alum buys seats with a donor that earns that section so that they can have great seats and avoid making a contribution. This person should be beaten.

Metro makes a good point about leap-frogging. There are only 700 seats in the lower level between the baselines. There are definitely people that have been bumped out because of this. I think that it is just a part of the system though. My only gripe is when an alum buys seats with a donor that earns that section so that they can have great seats and avoid making a contribution. This person should be beaten.

I still say they should realign the seating in the lower bowl to give alum more access.

I know for a fact I would ante up more money if I could work my way lower, but why should I? I could lay down a few thousand and still be in the 200 sections with priority 1, because there is limited supply in the lower half. I think alot of priority 1 guys would give a little more if it moved them to the lower half.

as I’ve linked before, almost every school in the NCAA puts their kids in the endzones, in the lower bowls…that said I like our student section at midcourt.

What I would like to see is this…

Students get the lower half of the bowl they currently occupy, and all of 104 and one of the endzones. The rest of the lower level should be used for season ticket holders.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;326403]What I would like to see is this…

Students get the lower half of the bowl they currently occupy, and all of 104 and one of the endzones. The rest of the lower level should be used for season ticket holders.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I think would give more lower level tickets to students and fewer to the season ticket holders.

Big problem with that is LESS ticket revenue for a Arena that currently under-generates revenue, as it is.

I think Metro’s point is that the powers that be are letting revenue opps go to waste with their current structure.