And by the way..... "It-i"???

I think that’s the first time I heard his last name mispronounced. In case you weren’t at the game, the Davison PA guy announced him as Martin “It-i”. (Instead of “E-dee”)

That was terrible. Not unexpected coming from Davidson though. Any PA announcer worth 2 cents learns how to pronounce everbody’s names to call out the starting lineups. Now, had it been a mispronunciation of a walk-on, I could understand.

Yeah, X, yeah!

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 08:33 AM [b]Now, had it been a mispronunciation of a walk-on, I could understand.[/b]
He didn't mean that, Trav.
[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 08:33 AM [b] That was terrible. Not unexpected coming from Davidson though. Any PA announcer worth 2 cents learns how to pronounce everbody's names to call out the starting lineups. Now, had it been a mispronunciation of a walk-on, I could understand. [/b]
Since I am a PA announcer for HS basketball, I always pay attention to announcers wherever I go. That guy really wasn't that bad - he had a good voice. Mispronunciations of a 3-letter last name shouldn't happen, though - agreed. Last week I had a kid on a visiting team with a 17-letter, six-syllable African last name. I would have struggled with it all night - thankfully, he wasn't playing. :P