And now... Welcome aboard

Greetings from a Xavier fan into the Atlantic 10 Conference. I know it’s not going to be the same without teams like UC, Louisville (or even East Carolina or Houston), but we’re proud to have you aboard our conference. I can’t promise that Xavier and Charlotte will have the rivalry that you guys had with UC, but you’ll find our fanbase to be just as annoying and obnoxious.

Seriously, it’s great to have a team in the conference that is actually committed to short-term and long-term success.

Thanks X. Here at Halton we don’t take a backseat to anybody when it comes to being annoying and obnoxious, just ask Huggie-Bear. This should make for a fun series.

[i]Originally posted by Nugget[/i]@Jul 1 2005, 03:09 PM [b] Here at Halton we don't take a backseat to anybody when it comes to being annoying and obnoxious, just ask Huggie-Bear. This should make for a fun series. [/b]
heh yeah we get loud and obnoxious. chuck davis from bama was my bestest bud :lol:

thanks for the kind post X, im looking forward to our matchups!

Get some X fans down here for the Charlotte/XU game.

I’ve heard plenty of stories about XU fans. If we can get a few to show in Halton and piss some people off …a new rivalry will be born.

Unfortunately, Charlotte fans (outside of those on this board) have to be spoonfed who their rival is.

I sure hope one side or the other stirs something up pretty quickly.

[b]I can't promise that Xavier and Charlotte will have the rivalry that you guys had with UC, but you'll find our fanbase to be just as annoying and obnoxious.[/b]

f- you dude its already been broughten

hahahaha sorry charlotte’s biggest fan already talkin shiat like i’m supposed to thank you for the courteous welcome it will not be taken lightly and in a few months be ready to face the wrathe that is charlotte sports…

but i’m greatful that you posted and i hope that we’ll be able to post on the other boards to stir up some rival talk during the right times…i’ll be attending the conference tournament next march i and a few other members on this site are in the charlotte pep band so you should come introduce yourself when the time comes

[b]I sure hope one side or the other stirs something up pretty quickly.[/b]

consider it done my friend Xavier you have just been rivalarized by the dax man

who did we play in the conference usa again?? i have forgotten already oh thats right they don’t matter ne more because they all blew monkey balls ne ways GO CHARLOTTE and go A10

Supernintendo Chalmers was a helluva basketballer.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Jul 2 2005, 04:39 AM [b] Supernintendo Chalmers [/b]
that was one of the greatest Ralph Wiggam quotes ever :lol:

Hey DAX,
Did you get one of them new fangled keyboards without any punctuation keys on it? Man, I enjoy your posts, but damn if they aren’t hard to freakin’ read…

i was educated in the lovely school system known as CMS. Anyone who knows this school system well knows that they don’t teach punctuation at all.

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Jul 6 2005, 12:19 AM [b] i was educated in the lovely school system known as CMS. Anyone who knows this school system well knows that they don't teach punctuation at all. [/b]
yeh i wint to skool in cms too. thay kant teech vary wel

yeah i know right!!!

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jul 1 2005, 03:21 PM [b] Get some X fans down here for the Charlotte/XU game.

I’ve heard plenty of stories about XU fans. If we can get a few to show in Halton and piss some people off …a new rivalry will be born. [/b]

That’s pretty much how we built a rivalry with Richmond when they joined the A-10 4 years ago. Their crowd was riding our players hard (David West in particular) during Xavier’s trip to Richmond, and the Muskies wound up coming back from a 15-point deficit to beat the Spiders. Xavier players afterward were making “X” signs with their arms, and Kevin Frey was alleged to have grabbed his crotch afterward by the Richmond fans. And if that wasn’t enough, both teams had a fight in the tunnel after the game.

UC has historically been our rival, but having beaten them quite frequently over the last decade, many of our fans are now looking at UD as an archrival.