Andrew Buie (RB) 5th Year from WVU

Happy we can finally make this official. Huge catch for us. He had offers from Alabama and I believe Mizzou as well, and was ranked as one of the top ten running backs in the nation when he came out of highschool in 2011 by rivals and 247.

From David Scott…

@Charlotte49ers have added fifth-year transfer RB Andrew Buie from West Virginia. Gained 232 yards, scored 2 TDs for Mountaineers last year
Andrew Buie's best season at WVU was 2012, when he gained 851 yards and scored 7 TDs. @Charlotte49ers

Nice to have 2 FBS quality RBs assuming everyone is healthy and eligible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ar08y2kk5c

As long as he’s laying protection in the backfield like this… I approve :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzFVuILyRcI

His 2012 Game as WVU ( 8 ) Beat Texas ( 11 ) | http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322800251

big add. him and khalif could be a sick combo.

Buie-ya!!!

So can someone shed some light on the rumors that Khalif is not eligble to play in the fall? I’m hoping I misunderstood this news!

If you want to know the underlying issue, I would look at our Mickey Mouse Athletic Department for failing to provide a system of “independent study” classes supported by Department Chairs, advisers and tutors to help star athletes facing academic ineligibility to change their D’s to A’s in 1 semester, or, if that’s too much work, by overriding professors grades directly. After all, if it’s good for the “Public Ivy’s”, its got to be good enough for a G5 school.

Ah, I kid. Sort of.

But seriously, its been mentioned in various places that he may be in trouble but good performance in summer classes will be enough to elevate his GPA to remain eligible.

TLDR; He must improve his GPA by the beginning of fall semester through summer courses in order to remain eligible.

Oh yea, and welcome Buie! HUGE pickup! Wish we could get guys like this as freshmen, but I’ll take them in year 5 too!

When is he eligible… Immediately? or +1y

[quote=“jsqu03, post:9, topic:29677”]When is he eligible… Immediately? or +1y[/quote]immediately.

clt is reporting that he is now transferring out, due to the price hiring.

If you want to know the underlying issue, I would look at our Mickey Mouse Athletic Department for failing to provide a system of “independent study” classes supported by Department Chairs, advisers and tutors to help star athletes facing academic ineligibility to change their D’s to A’s in 1 semester, or, if that’s too much work, by overriding professors grades directly. After all, if it’s good for the “Public Ivy’s”, its got to be good enough for a G5 school.

Ah, I kid. Sort of.

But seriously, its been mentioned in various places that he may be in trouble but good performance in summer classes will be enough to elevate his GPA to remain eligible.

TLDR; He must improve his GPA by the beginning of fall semester through summer courses in order to remain eligible.

Oh yea, and welcome Buie! HUGE pickup! Wish we could get guys like this as freshmen, but I’ll take them in year 5 too![/quote]

Hopefully Lambert’s statement today is a sign that Kalif is on the right track.

David Scott ‏@davidscott14 1h1 hour ago Lambert thinks Buie will be effective complement to K Phillips. "(We can't) run Kalif 35 times a game in (FBS) football" @Charlotte49ers

Has anyone mentioned the new Juco RB coming in named Bradan Smith? David Scott tweeted it today. Makes me extra worried about Phillips

i thought we added him a while back. i imagine, and this is just a guess, that he was added for depth and experience.

I think Branden is new. JUCO #2 at RB.

Marshall fans will probably remember Buie well.

Let’s hope he has a similar performance against them this year. Seems to have decent hands too.

clt says they are not booing, they are saying buie.

Buie’s second year at WVU was quite remarkable.

Here’s a little backstory: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1752290-west-virginia-football-redshirting-rb-andrew-buie-is-the-right-call

Even thought he didn’t get too much playing time last year he still averaged 4.2 yards per carry. I’m thinking this pick up more than makes up for the loss of Barnwell and Thomas.

See him as a straight up more experienced and talented replacement for Maetron Thomas.

Having him and KP as a 1-2 combination at RB will be a really nice asset in CUSA play.

FWIW, I don’t think other CUSA fans have heard yet that we got this pickup. As the highlights suggest, Marshall has seen him before…