Andrew White - Grad transfer from Nebraska

Andrien’s bro is leaving Nebraska, 16.6 ppg and 6 rpg, eligible immediately. No idea who he’s looking at, but he has been down in Charlotte working out with Andrien. So, [font=arial][size=small]¯_(ツ)_/¯[/size][/font]

Would be a massive get

Imagine both White brothers on the wing. A possible starting lineup of Davis, BO, both White brothers and a big man with Jackson as the 6th man suddenly looks very nice

What’s the likely hood of him signing on? I know he and Andrien are really close.

Sorry to rain on the parade but it’s very unlikely he comes here. I bet he ends up at UVa, Maryland, or maybe even Kentucky. I just think he’s looking to improve his NBA stock by playing with a better team and getting more exposure.

I hope I’m wrong though and he’s feeling some brotherly love. :smiley:

[quote="_BL_Niner, post:3, topic:30404"]Sorry to rain on the parade but it’s very unlikely he comes here. I bet he ends up at UVa, Maryland, or maybe even Kentucky. I just think he’s looking to improve his NBA stock by playing with a better team and getting more exposure.

I hope I’m wrong though and he’s feeling some brotherly love. :D[/quote]

im not saying you’re wrong and we land him but i imagine if that was what he was thinking, he would have announced his transfer earlier in the process. if im price, im telling him to come here, start, play with your brother in an nba city…and that he has the numbers of the entire hornets organization.

Obviously you can’t believe everything that you read but this does not paint a pleasant picture.

[quote=“Hawthorne_49er, post:5, topic:30404”]Obviously you can’t believe everything that you read but this does not paint a pleasant picture.

Not a sarcastic question, but in what sense do you mean?

[quote=“Hawthorne_49er, post:5, topic:30404”]Obviously you can’t believe everything that you read but this does not paint a pleasant picture.

I can’t speak to Andrew’s chances for getting to the NBA regardless of where he plays next year, but my views on transfers have changed somewhat. As long as the rules are what they are, kids should go where they think it will be best for them. I wouldn’t mind changing some of those rules to protect the schools and their investment to develop said transfer, but at this point they can change teams. Of course, I can still hope they live to regret that choice if they leave us, and that we embarrass them should they ever come back to Halton to play, but that is because I am petty.

Andrew’s dad “…suggested that playing on a rebuilding program hurt his son’s pro prospects.” I think that says everything about whether he would possibly come here. At this point I am more worried about what he thinks is best for Andrien.

[quote=“Nugget, post:7, topic:30404”][quote=“Hawthorne_49er, post:5, topic:30404”]Obviously you can’t believe everything that you read but this does not paint a pleasant picture.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/barfknecht-tim-miles-extremely-disappointed-following-andrew-white-s-departure/article_6a64ba92-3bd4-11e6-b8bc-a324f88488e7.html?mode=jqm[/quote]
I can’t speak to Andrew’s chances for getting to the NBA regardless of where he plays next year, but my views on transfers have changed somewhat. As long as the rules are what they are, kids should go where they think it will be best for them. I wouldn’t mind changing some of those rules to protect the schools and their investment to develop said transfer, but at this point they can change teams. Of course, I can still hope they live to regret that choice if they leave us, and that we embarrass them should they ever come back to Halton to play, but that is because I am petty.

Andrew’s dad “…suggested that playing on a rebuilding program hurt his son’s pro prospects.” I think that says everything about whether he would possibly come here. At this point I am more worried about what he thinks is best for Andrien.[/quote]

we arent rebuilding. andrien should be able to tell his brother that.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:8, topic:30404”][quote=“Nugget, post:7, topic:30404”][quote=“Hawthorne_49er, post:5, topic:30404”]Obviously you can’t believe everything that you read but this does not paint a pleasant picture.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/barfknecht-tim-miles-extremely-disappointed-following-andrew-white-s-departure/article_6a64ba92-3bd4-11e6-b8bc-a324f88488e7.html?mode=jqm[/quote]

Andrew’s dad “…suggested that playing on a rebuilding program hurt his son’s pro prospects.” I think that says everything about whether he would possibly come here. At this point I am more worried about what he thinks is best for Andrien.[/quote]

we arent rebuilding. andrien should be able to tell his brother that.[/quote]

I love your GTG, but just stop… we were 14-19 last year and we have a second year coach, if we aren’t rebuilding what are we doing?

If Andrien wants NCAA’s and a chance to shine on the biggest stage, that isn’t us at this point in time. We’re moving in the right direction, but I don’t think we’re an NCAA team with him, still too many questions in the post.