Andy Katz Top 50

See! Just the kind of clean fun I was talking about.

And now the rest of the listā€¦

#9 Louisville
#10 Memphis
#18 Indiana

Numbers 1-10

Numbers 11-20

Katzā€™s 1-20 just negated his whole ranking stuff -> Memphis #10? Iowa and Iowa State top twenty? Duke #1? More crap from the press - Guess Katz has to many tight deadlines and just rolls nonsense out as intelligent researched work. Should write for the O.

[b]Playing in a [b]watered-down C-USA[/b] will help raise Memphis' profile, assuming the Tigers dominate.

Red flag: The Tigers have had hype before, so this could be a little of the ā€œboy who cried wolf,ā€ but if Memphis can get its act together early, the Tigers could hang around the top 10 all season. [/b]

Lets see hereā€¦

the conference is watered down AND the Tigers have had hype before AND if Memphis can get its act together

This analysis is more bull$hit to fill the idle time of August. Of course, those people who like dressing up like Elvis will claim the top 10 is their birthright because Andy Katz said soā€¦8 months before it mattered.

Hereā€™s a little something for those who think Mr. Katz makes sense
Memphis is top 10 ?

[i]Originally posted by NinerFan[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 04:11 PM [b] Duke #1? [/b]
i hate duke with a passion, but lets face it, there isnt a team out there with more talent than they have this year. they only lose shav (which is addition by subtraction) and daniel ewing. on top of all the returning players they also have an incredible freshman class comming in. they will be scary good
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Aug 18 2005, 06:05 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Aug 18 2005, 06:05 PM)
[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 04:37 PM [b]
[b]Playing in a [b]watered-down C-USA[/b] will help raise Memphis' profile, assuming the Tigers dominate.

Red flag: The Tigers have had hype before, so this could be a little of the ā€œboy who cried wolf,ā€ but if Memphis can get its act together early, the Tigers could hang around the top 10 all season. [/b]

Lets see hereā€¦

the conference is watered down AND the Tigers have had hype before AND if Memphis can get its act together

This analysis is more bull$hit to fill the idle time of August. Of course, those people who like dressing up like Elvis will claim the top 10 is their birthright because Andy Katz said soā€¦8 months before it mattered.

Hereā€™s a little something for those who think Mr. Katz makes sense
Memphis is top 10 ? [/b]

it wonā€™t matter anyways. With the shitty conference we are in, we could go 31-4 and weā€™ll be a 5 seed. Memphis is in a no win situation.

Memphis better run the conference if they expect to get a top seed. That conference is refuse.

fsquid, did you go off the deep end and get banned on the main Tiggie board?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 07:59 PM [b] fsquid, did you go off the deep end and get banned on the main Tiggie board? [/b]
Someone get fsquid a NinerNation shirt and some season tix and we'll all pretend nothing happened.
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 07:59 PM [b] fsquid, did you go off the deep end and get banned on the main Tiggie board? [/b]
nope, just the C-USA board. I was banned for not believing that College baseball is a major sport and is higher than basketball. What a f***** up conference we are in.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Aug 18 2005, 09:01 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Aug 18 2005, 09:01 PM)
[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 06:56 PM [b] Memphis better run the conference if they expect to get a top seed. That conference is refuse. [/b]
We won't because we will lose a road game to someone. I can't expect the Memphis players to stay hyped through the conference schedule. Have you seen some of these basketball arenas that the Tigers will play in?? UCF and Rice, look them up, Myers Park has a better joint.

Even if Memphis does run the table in C-USA, we would not be higher than 5. How many years did it take for the Zags to get respect and a seed higher than 6?

[i]Originally posted by fsquid+Aug 18 2005, 10:48 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (fsquid @ Aug 18 2005, 10:48 PM)
[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 09:46 PM [b] ........Its bad enough that there is no college football in this town. [/b]

are you calling that stuff in memphs college football? guess again.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid+Aug 18 2005, 09:48 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (fsquid @ Aug 18 2005, 09:48 PM)
[b]are you calling that stuff in memphs college football? guess again. [/b]

Well, they do have a guy that in the running for the Heisman :rolleyes:
:lmao:

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Aug 18 2005, 10:46 PM [b] [/QUOTE] screw the Tshirt, get me some tickets and I'll use them. Its bad enough that there is no college football in this town. [/b]
Just walk up to the ticket window the day of the game. Don't think you'll have a problem getting a ticket.
[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Aug 19 2005, 10:58 AM [b]
[b]are you calling that stuff in memphs college football? guess again. [/b]

Well, they do have a guy that in the running for the Heisman :rolleyes:
:lmao:[/b]

Unless you are at a perenial top 10 program, you have no shot at the Heismanā€¦unless you can do something like something TOTALLY ABSURD (like gain 3000 yards rushing) Not saying itā€™s right, itā€™s just the way it works.

If the Memphis RB wants the Heisman, he should be ready to do everything on Saturday, including selling popcorn at halftime.

Ted Ginn Jr (Ohio St) is probably the biggest long shot I can see even with a chance to win it.

Itā€™s been awhile since there was a non-BCS Heisman winner: Ty Detmer (Brigham Young, 1990) and Andre Ware (Houston, 1989). Not impossible, but since Detmer, all BCS.

PAST HEISMAN TROPHY WINNERS