Any Interest in Baseball team??

I caught a few baseball games this year and came away a little disappointed.
I guess I want us to be a dominate baseball program.

I saw a team that made easy infield errors, misplayed bunts and outfielders run into each other on a fly ball???
Our batting lineup did not look that strong - other than about 3 guys.

Maybe Metro can speak to the pitching, but we can’t seem to sit guys down.

I really enjoy going out to the games with my young son, but I have lost some interest lately.

Not bashing the team - just my 2 cents worth.

Early season there was some hype - but havn’t seen much chatter about the baseball team on the board lately.

Anybody care???

I caught a few baseball games this year and came away a little disappointed. I guess I want us to be a dominate baseball program.

I saw a team that made easy infield errors, misplayed bunts and outfielders run into each other on a fly ball???

I really enjoy going out to the games with my young son, but I have lost some interest lately.

Early season there was some hype - but havn’t seen much chatter about the baseball team on the board lately.

Anybody care???

I’ve either “watched” or followed most of the games this year. They are not AS good as the last few years, but the team is still pretty good. I hope we atleast make another NCAA appearance.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;405174]I caught a few baseball games this year and came away a little disappointed.

Anybody care???[/QUOTE]

To answer my own question - I guess nobody cares.
We will be back in the news soon when Chapel Hill rolls into town, kicks our ass(yes I know we beat them at their place) and it is on the front page of the sports section.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;405340]To answer my own question - I guess nobody cares.
We will be back in the news soon when Chapel Hill rolls into town, kicks our ass(yes I know we beat them at their place) and it is on the front page of the sports section.[/QUOTE]

We’re young and that = inconsistant. I think we’ve blown a few late as well, I know the last game at Clemson was winnable late but we didn’t close it out as well as the game at Wake.

This was to be a rebuilding year. Metro knows better than me, but I don’t think there were high, high expectations this year. Still, we’ll wind up winning 33-35 games this year. Not bad for rebuilding.

Question- Will Lyerly be back next year? I know he’s a jr, but didn’t know if there is a chance he leaves via the draft.

We're young and that = inconsistant. I think we've blown a few late as well, I know the last game at Clemson was winnable late but we didn't close it out as well as the game at Wake.

This was to be a rebuilding year. Metro knows better than me, but I don’t think there were high, high expectations this year. Still, we’ll wind up winning 33-35 games this year. Not bad for rebuilding.

Question- Will Lyerly be back next year? I know he’s a jr, but didn’t know if there is a chance he leaves via the draft.

I would be SHOCKED if he were not back. Plus, his brother Jim will be a freshman for us next year.

We’ve won 6 or 7 conference games in a row now to boost our conference record to 12-8… so the season isn’t over yet.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;405922]We’ve won 6 or 7 conference games in a row now to boost our conference record to 12-8… so the season isn’t over yet.[/QUOTE]

If we can finish in the top 3 in the conference I think we’ll win the tourney.

Does anyone besides me get a little tired of the “young and inexperienced” excuse? We are in the friggin A10. The baseball in this league is pretty bad. Our freshmen and sophomores should be able to dominate the juniors and seniors of this league.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;405939]Does anyone besides me get a little tired of the “young and inexperienced” excuse? We are in the friggin A10. The baseball in this league is pretty bad. Our freshmen and sophomores should be able to dominate the juniors and seniors of this league.[/QUOTE]

I can see your point.

Does anyone besides me get a little tired of the "young and inexperienced" excuse?
Considering the nature of the college game, I guess ALL college teams have young and inexperienced players.

Those “young and inexperienced” players are now older and more experienced… so we still have a chance to win the conference tourney… especially if we can continue our conference winning streak and somehow obtain one of the 1st round byes (which I believe is still mathematically possible).

Reminder: GAME TIME TODAY IS NOON.

[SIZE=2]16-3 .842, 31-15-1 .670, Rhode Island
15-4 .789, 30-14-0 .682, Dayton
13-8 .619, 27-17-0 .614, Xavier
[B][COLOR=Green]12-8 .600, 28-16-0 .636, Charlotte[/COLOR][/B]
11-8 .579, 17-25-0 .405, Temple
10-10 .500, 16-28-0 .364, Fordham
10-10 .500, 18-22-0 .450, Massachusetts
9-11 .450, 20-28-0 .417, George Washington
8-12 .400, 19-20-0 .487, Richmond
8-12 .400, 24-24-0 .500, Saint Louis
7-12 .368, 21-19-0 .525, Saint Bonaventure
7-13 .350, 14-26-1 .354, Saint Joseph’s
6-13 .316, 17-24-0 .415, La Salle
5-13 .278, 10-35-0 .222, Duquesne

12:00, Fordham at Rhode Island
12:00, La Salle at [B][COLOR=Green]Charlotte[/COLOR][/B]
12:00, Saint Bonaventure at Massachusetts
12:00, Temple at Richmond
1:00, Dayton at Duquesne[/SIZE]

Does anyone besides me get a little tired of the "young and inexperienced" excuse? We are in the friggin A10. The baseball in this league is pretty bad. Our freshmen and sophomores should be able to dominate the juniors and seniors of this league.

NO offense Chisox, because I sort of agree with you, BUT I also get tired of hearing how we SHOULD dominate the A10. Well, last time I checked we pretty much have been the last 3 years and its not like we’re sucking this year. We started the season poorly, but we’ve now won what ? 10 of 12 in the A10 (I believe, even after losing today). Also, while everyone knows the A10 is a below average (for D1) league for baseball its not like these teams aren’t using scholarship players. They’re not exactly pathetic in terms of talent. I think sometimes we exaggerate how “poor” some of these teams are.

No matter how much better your program is, you’re not going to win them all. You know how baseball can be! I wouldn’t bet against us in the A10 tourney.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;405174]I caught a few baseball games this year and came away a little disappointed.

Anybody care???[/QUOTE]

the easy infield errors have been a problem and the outfielders running into each other was a little bad but the team isn’t doing that bad. We aren’t as good as the last 2 years which someone pointed out but we are still doing well, we are playing harder teams so that means we won’t win as many but we get the experience of playing harder teams.

Also baseball in the A10 is getting better i know ppl still like to think it isn’t a good conference but look at rhode island and daytons records, they are doing really well over all so the A10 is moving up so chill out. I know nothing is an excuse we have dropped games we shouldn’t have and we lost to teams we should have stomped but i think people are going to games thinking we will dominate just because we are charlotte. i know the infield is struggling because of injuries and pitching seems to be struggling as well but hopefully we will figure it out soon.

anyone know if we are recruiting a shortstop for next yr??
:49ers:

just saw this…

I have not seen us play this year, so I can’t comment in depth. Listening to those in the know and looking at stats, we are young in some key positions, and Lyerly gone 10 games hurt us. This yr is certainly not a wash by any means at 28-17 (12-9). The NCAA champ last year Fresno St has a worse record. You can’t win 40 games every year.

we have some studs coming in, and the stadium is going to keep bringing them in. Charlotte prospects are finally paying attention to us. I think this year was a bit of a reloading year and if Lyerly can come back and not sign, we will be filthy next yr.

when 28-17 is getting groans, thats a good thing.