Any thought to singing Happy Birthday to Ed???

Anyone in the band or in Niner nation think we could find a good time to sing happy birthday to Eddie in the game tomorrow? Maybe in warm ups before the game. Seems like that would be pretty cool about 20 minutes before tipoff when the team is still out during the shoot around. They typically go back in the tunnel with about 10 minutes left before they come back out.

That would be cool.

Maybe this is UNCCTF’s moment for the tuba solo.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 02:47 PM [b] Anyone in the band or in Niner nation think we could find a good time to sing happy birthday to Eddie in the game tomorrow? Maybe in warm ups before the game. Seems like that would be pretty cool about 20 minutes before tipoff when the team is still out during the shoot around. They typically go back in the tunnel with about 10 minutes left before they come back out. [/b]
JK-

I would need your seats again to do that effectively…

Well maybe not if HP every PMs me back…

:stuck_out_tongue:

CharlotteAlum, you’re sitting with me tomorrow so I can control you. :argue:

his bday is on game day tomorrow?

[i]Originally posted by OriginalNinerNation1[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 04:57 PM [b] his bday is on game day tomorrow? [/b]
It's today, actually.

He would get the point…just seems like it would be a cool thing to do in warm ups if a thousand people sang happy birthday.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 05:39 PM [b] He would get the point...just seems like it would be a cool thing to do in warm ups if a thousand people sang happy birthday. [/b]
Yeah, I think it's a pretty decent idea. So when we gonna try to do it?

We would need the band and to set a coordinated time like 20 minutes left in warm ups to do it. Really need the bulk of 104 and 105 to be on board.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 08:10 PM [b] We would need the band and to set a coordinated time like 20 minutes left in warm ups to do it. Really need the bulk of 104 and 105 to be on board. [/b]
But at 20 minutes left, there are still a lot of people not in the seats. Maybe closer to the end of warmups. And, would we be able to get the band on this? I mean, with Happy Birthday being copyrighted and all, would they be violating copyright laws by "using it in a public performance without express written consent"? Or......... is that Major League Baseball???
[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 05:39 PM [b] He would get the point...just seems like it would be a cool thing to do in warm ups if a thousand people sang happy birthday. [/b]
happy bday is a short song. its going to be like driving down the wrong and you hear a song and dont know the words but start humming with it. plus noone is going to know who we are signing for. i will flash myself to eddie as a bday present. and yes, if the song starts, i will be scream the words

I sit in section 105 with the fraternities and we usually dont get there til bout15 minutes before hand as we have pre-game festivities to take care of. I would do it right after they call out the lineups because Eddie is always last to be called out.

Why not have the band play it when he is introduced? It would be obvious then, no?

Sounds a little gay to me. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

So, did the whole birthday thing happen??

Yes, Eddie loved it!!! :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:40 PM [b] Yes, Eddie loved it!!! :D [/b]
That's hilarious. Good to hear it. :D

It happened? What the… where was I? Had to be early on during warmups, right?

We sang it during a TO. It wasn’t well organized, but it was good!