Anyone going to Memphis?

Anyone going to Memphis for the conference tournament?

If you are or not, does anyone know of any hotels that are close to wherever we are playing? I’ve never been to the area.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tunica is a gambling town with lots of reasonably priced rooms and is about 20-25 minutes from Memphis.

Well, there’s this bunch…

1st group of houligans

then there’s this bunch…

2nd group of houligans

So, is it true that the Charlotte 49ers have been assigned to the Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis for the 2005 Kelly Tires C-USA Men’s Basketball Tournament?

Is it also already booked up?

If so, What’s the 2nd best option?

I’d love to go if this location was closer. Too far to drive and too expensive to fly.

Does anyone know which games are televised?

If you have ESPN full court, you should get them all. CBS usually picks up the championship game.

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 18 2005, 08:36 AM [b] If you have ESPN full court, you should get them all. CBS usually picks up the championship game. [/b]
That's what I'm going to do, Full Court... I've decided to bank the money for the prospects of at least seeing us in teh First Round of the NCAA's. If we end up in Charlotte and UNC does as well, tickets could be expensive if you don't make the 49erClub cut for their tickets...
[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Feb 18 2005, 08:43 AM [b] That's what I'm going to do, Full Court... I've decided to bank the money for the prospects of at least seeing us in teh First Round of the NCAA's. If we end up in Charlotte and UNC does as well, tickets could be expensive if you don't make the 49erClub cut for their tickets... [/b]
Ditto

Party at Mac’s house for all those staying behind! :toast:

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 18 2005, 08:36 AM [b] CBS usually picks up the championship game. [/b]
It won't be shown on WBTV/Charlotte or WFMY/Greensboro, they'll be showing the ACC semifinal games.

Someone in Athletics should be contacting WAXN now to see if they can get that game televised. If the 49ers get to the C-USA championship game and it’s not on TV there, some people won’t survive Saturday afternoon.

C-USA Championship hasn’t been in the Raleigh area ever. WRAL-TV5 does the ACC as well. However, if you have digital cable or an HDTV over-the-air tuner I think you can pick it up.

Will C-SET pick up any of the other tournament games?

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 18 2005, 09:36 AM [b] If you have ESPN full court, you should get them all. CBS usually picks up the championship game. [/b]
Well that settles that. I got to find a bar around here with ESPN full cout.
[b]If you are or not, does anyone know of any hotels that are close to wherever we are playing? I've never been to the area.[/b]
There is a Hampton Inn RIGHT next to the FedExForum...if you have a few bucks stay at the Peabody (you won't regret it).

i would check out Beale Street…the Memphis Zoo (now with Pandas)…and the National Civil Rights Museum…then go back to Beale Street.

for all of those who are going i think you will be impressed by the new FedExForum…i hope you all enjoy your time here.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

[i]Originally posted by gomemphistigers1[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 01:29 AM [b] There is a Hampton Inn RIGHT next to the FedExForum...if you have a few bucks stay at the Peabody (you won't regret it). [/b]
Staying at the Hampton Inn at Peabody Place, I know other Niner fans will be staying there as well.

Come to think of it, given the love the Memphis fans have for me I probably shouldn’t have mentioned where I was staying. :unsure: :scared:

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 07:55 AM [b] Come to think of it, given the love the Memphis fans have for me I probably shouldn't have mentioned where I was staying. :unsure: :scared: [/b]
MK, make sure the maid really is in fact the maid. And don't eat/drink anything if a mystery gift basket is left for you in your room. :P

The band, golddusters, and cheerleaders, are staying outside the city near some mall…hopefully the trolly runs out there, or we can get bused into the city so we can go out.

As for next year, does anyone know if the A-10 tournament is close to us? That might be a benefit if more of us can attend.

The A-10 tournament will be in Cincinnati at the US Bank Arena next year. Start saving up the change, the cost of the flight from Greensboro was reasonable.

I won’t be in Memphis unfortuantely, but I’d like to brag about a little smack talk I did.

On the Memphis board, they are getting all hyped about their little Gameday vs. Louisville thing, and have a thread for ideas about what to do on TV. Here is what I contributed:

[i]How about this sign?

[SIZE=3]E[/SIZE]ven though we
[SIZE=3]S[/SIZE]weep
[SIZE=3]P[/SIZE]itino. Going to the
[SIZE=3]N[/SIZE]IT [/i]

:lmao: