Anyone seen the PG who started for us against LBS?

Since we are spending so much time bashing the only consist big game player we have, I was curious if anyone knows what happened to Baldwin??? Seem like he has regressed to the same player he was as a freshman after showing so much promise. PI, your his agent, any ideas whats going on???

Only big time player we have?

That’s a load of hooey and you know it.

He’s the only player who has really stepped up when we needed it. Eddie has to an extent, but Mr. Defense got lit up by Alabama and he was awful against IU and how many free throw did he miss against Rutgers??? Curtis has done nothing all year to live up to his preseason hype other than a couple highlight dunks.

11 point, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals 5-5 from the FT line.

Man, that’s terrible.

Oh yeah, Eddie was our entire team in the OTs against Alabama. When did he get lit up? You mean when he switched to Winston after Winston had drilled 2 consecutive threes over Plavich and he was denied the ball? I’ll admit, he wasn’t very good in the first half of the Bama game, but he was playing out of his mind from the second half on.

Did Eddie have the game of his career? No way. He shot way too much, but to say he was awful? That’s a stretch.

Sort of funny that if Plavich breathes the wrong way it gets a thread started about it, yet Withers has 7 turnovers from last night have just been swept under the rug, with the exception of one of the topics. Mitchell hasn’t played as well as I expected him to this year. These season struggles aren’t all on one player (Plavich) they are on the team as a whole. The team hasn’t played well this year and each player has room to improve.

Why don’t you link me to the thread that a “Plav Basher” started after the IU game?

I should be more clear because there haven’t been the mass of threads attacking Plavich’s performance after this game. But there as been much debate in the topics about his performance and those who don’t like his play have been very vocal, including you PB in your criticism of his play.

My point is that Plavich’s mistakes get more attention then other players mistakes, in my opinion. I am not defending Plavich’s play on the court which I would describe as very inconsistant. Basden has clearly been our best all around player…

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 03:34 PM [b] He's the only player who has really stepped up when we needed it. Eddie has to an extent, but Mr. Defense got lit up by Alabama and he was awful against IU and how many free throw did he miss against Rutgers??? Curtis has done nothing all year to live up to his preseason hype other than a couple highlight dunks. [/b]
You clearly didn't watch the Bama game.
[i]Originally posted by s9er+Dec 23 2004, 05:23 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (s9er @ Dec 23 2004, 05:23 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 03:23 PM [b] Since we are spending so much time bashing the only consist big game player we have, I was curious if anyone knows what happened to Baldwin??? Seem like he has regressed to the same player he was as a freshman after showing so much promise. PI, your his agent, any ideas whats going on??? [/b]
It's obvious to me, Baldwin is the second coming of Curtis Nash!!!!
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 03:23 PM [b] Since we are spending so much time bashing the only consist big game player we have [/b]
Jimmy, don't make me go back and bring you his stats in many big games last season. He had a big game at Syracuse, his a bomb at ODU and hit a prayer at IU after a marginal game performance. He was aweful in many big games, but I won't bring them all back, unless you want me to.
[i]Originally posted by s9er+Dec 23 2004, 04:23 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (s9er @ Dec 23 2004, 04:23 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 03:27 PM [b] That's a load of hooey and you know it. [/b]
watch your language! this is a public message board young man!

He disappeared again tonight…

Where was our big game baller to save us in Mitch’s absence?

I didn’t get to hear the game last night so all I know is what I read from the box score. I was pleased to see that Plavich only shot 8 3 point attempts on a night when it was clear he wasn’t on. I wish that number was down to 4 attempts but with the freedom Lutz gives him (which I have strong questions about) 8 attempts is better then 17. But wow Leemire lit it up!! WOW!

Amazing how much pissing and moaning goes on after we win a game. If I hadn’t seen the score before reading these posts I’d think we’d lost.

It’s no unusual for a team to be rusty after a long layoff and a flight out to the west coast to play against a team it’s very difficult to get up for. Yes, the final one speaks to mental toughness and there are very few of our players that have it.

A few positives to focus on.

We WON the game and we’re not Memphis.

Go NINERS!

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Dec 29 2004, 09:51 AM [b] ...and we're not Memphis.

[/b]

Thank God!!! :smiley:

I’m liking Goldwire more and more. He’s got handles to go with the sweet stroke. Enjoying the 49er talk, here.