AP Poll Predictions

29th

I’m agreeing with HP. The only reason we’re in there is because pollsters needed to fill their ballot out. If you think anyone of note besides Andy Katz knows anything about Charlotte bball, you’re living in a dream world. They probably saw our record and just wrote us in. Considering all the notable games out there this past week, I’d reckon we get lost in the shuffle and move down to 31 or 32.

and…I hesitate to say this in my first post…I don’t even think we belong that high anyway.

Terrible game at Cincy on national TV. The win at MU appeared to go unnoticed. Bottom line, we drop a few places to 32.

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 09:23 PM [b] stars aligning as maryland lost tonight [/b]
[img]http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/ATA/24805BP.jpg[/img]
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft+Jan 23 2005, 11:28 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MeinShaft @ Jan 23 2005, 11:28 PM)

Pen NC State in for Top 25. Or at LEAST more votes than us.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 09:30 AM [b] Pen NC State in for Top 25. Or at LEAST more votes than us. [/b]
and possibly virginia tech,who knows
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 09:30 AM [b] Pen NC State in for Top 25. Or at LEAST more votes than us. [/b]
sonofab--- this better not be true. It didn't occur to me til you posted it. They lost to VA TECH last week. VA TECH. The Hokies lost 72-68 to freaking VMI! Va Tech also lost to Western Michigan, a bad FSU team, woeful St. John's....

If they get ranked for beating Maryland (and I’m taking your comment as only half facetious), I’ll know that you could crap in a brown paper bag and put “ACC” on it, and it would get ranked.

As Bilas said, there is no difference bewteen NCSU and Northwestern U., only Northwestern would never get the hype NCSU does.

[b]If they get ranked for beating Maryland (and I'm taking your comment as only half facetious), I'll know that you could crap in a brown paper bag and put "ACC" on it, and it would get ranked.[/b]

That’s coffee-spitting all over the screen material.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 08:59 AM [b] If [State gets] ranked for beating Maryland, I'll know that you could crap in a brown paper bag and put "ACC" on it, and it would get ranked. [/b]
Awesome. All time one of your best quotes NA. :D
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 08:30 AM [b] Pen NC State in for Top 25. Or at LEAST more votes than us. [/b]
I would be very surprised if that happened... a loss to unranked VT and a win over unranked Maryland (who just lost a starting player) should not move them up much at all... I think they only got 5 or 6 votes last week. We had 27 or so.
[i]Originally posted by LutzFan+Jan 24 2005, 09:23 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LutzFan @ Jan 24 2005, 09:23 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Butter49er+Jan 24 2005, 11:57 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Butter49er @ Jan 24 2005, 11:57 AM)
Originally posted by LutzFan@Jan 24 2005, 09:23 AM [b]

Speculation time is almost over, it will be out within the hour, CBSSportsline.com is usually the first to post it.

I predict no real change. We will be near the top of the “getting votes” section.

23rd (above Cincinnati :confused: ) In the CBS SportsLine poll.

Sportsline Top 25
1 Illinois
2 Kansas
3 Wake Forest
4 North Carolina
5 Oklahoma State
6 Duke
7 Boston College
8 Syracuse
9 Gonzaga
10 Washington
11 Texas
12 Kentucky
13 Arizona
14 Oklahoma
15 Connecticut
16 Georgia Tech
17 Mississippi State
18 Louisville
19 Pittsburgh
20 Iowa
21 Wisconsin
22 Michigan State
23 Charlotte
24 Cincinnati
25 Southern Illinois

That Sportsline poll was on the 17th.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 02:22 PM [b] That Sportsline poll was on the 17th. [/b]
No it's actually from today. :unsure:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/top25

I just read it a few minutes earlier, and it said the 17th. I realize, that it now says the 24th. It also mentions how a win @ Cincy would be big for us. Maybe its about to update, and only the date has changed. I know it seems wierd. Okay, it is weird, either way, whether I’m right or wrong. :o

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 02:28 PM [b] I just read it a few minutes earlier, and it said the 17th. [/b]
They have the Marquette score on there so I thought it was up to date. Obviously the comment is out of date. Who knows, maybe be crack the top 25.