App State Chancellor's Take on Football

[QUOTE=ninerID;204772]I doubt he means much by it. I guess i need to just stay in touch with him and seriously try to go. The least i would like is to get a group of us and have lunch with him on gameday then go watch a football game.[/QUOTE]
Whether or not you’re in his suite or not doesn’t matter. He sounds like a very smart man. Tapping into the Charlotte fans who love football but have no team is a no-brainer. Especially ones that show enough interest to write. There’s no better way to do this than to show a few of them a great time and then let word of mouth do its job. I’ld say your chances of getting an invite to a game next year assuming you follow-up is 100%. I’ld also bet that you are now a story he’s telling people about this week (“Guess who I got an email from the other day…”).

Whether or not you're in his suite or not doesn't matter. He sounds like a very smart man. Tapping into the Charlotte fans who love football but have no team is a no-brainer. Especially ones that show enough interest to write. There's no better way to do this than to show a few of them a great time and then let word of mouth do its job. I'ld say your chances of getting an invite to a game next year assuming you follow-up is 100%. I'ld also bet that you are now a story he's telling people about this week ("Guess who I got an email from the other day...").

very good points.

He was on the Keith Larson show this morning. (YEP A RADIO SHOW IN CHARLOTTE, NC)

Keiths show isn’t even about sports.

On it the Chanc said he had dinner last night with members of the team, and asked them if they were ready. The team replied back to him “That we are ready to do this for Appalachian.”

You can follow the link to itunes from here:
[URL=http://www.wbt.com/larson/index.cfm;jsessionid=4630b6e344e71a7eb227TR]http://www.wbt.com/larson/index.cfm;jsessionid=4630b6e344e71a7eb227TR[/URL]

The interview is on the 9AM show, and starts at the 27min.

[B]Paraphrasing:[/B]

“It is bringing a lot of recognition. We couldn’t afford this kind of national coverage. National TV with 3 hours of pictures of App State and opportun to talk about championship university. You can’t buy that kind of coverage.”

“The thing that suprises me is not just the Appalachin fans, but the people throughout the nation and have kind of “Caught the Mountaineer Spirit”, emails, letter, phone calls from Wisconsin, Texas, California, it is tremendous publicity for this institution.”

“The quality of this school is increasing. We are targeted to grow only 2K over the next 5 years, mainly through distance education. We pride ourself on being large enough for distinctive programs, but small enough to know your name.”

more to come…

Keith Larson: “The kids at App State tend to dig you.”

“when you see 8 to 9 thousand students every saturday with faculty chanting “It’s Great to be a Mountaineer” it is energizing.”

“rattles off a dozen players names of the players”

Segment ends with App State’s fight song

He was on the Keith Larson show this morning. (YEP A RADIO SHOW IN CHARLOTTE, NC)

Keiths show isn’t even about sports.

On it the Chanc said he had dinner last night with members of the team, and asked them if they were ready. The team replied back to him “That we are ready to do this for Appalachian.”

Was it our Chancellor or theirs? I wouldn’t put anything past Dubois at this point.

Was it [I][B]our[/B][/I] Chancellor or [B][I]theirs[/I][/B]? I wouldn't put anything past Dubois at this point.

I think Dubois was at the Butch Davis banquet, so i am pretty sure it was Apps.