Are you a Believer yet?

Well Zach i might need you to back me up on this one but i think its about that time that UNCC start believing in our womans basketball program. For those of you who do not know Karen Aston from Texas is our new coach and has done GREAT things to our program. This is one of the best recruiting classes our womens team has seen in a while. Along side with the talent we already have now the addition of 5 new players helps a lot. If you have checked Charlotte49ers.cstv.com today then u will notice the addition of Kendra Holmes. This girl can hoop. I know she will have to sit out next year but the womens program is growing and starting to look like a Sweet 16 team. I know many ppl are probably doubting my words but being at every game and seeing what this team is capable of is scary. Im just asking that for once next year and nwe have more students there than parents. I see maybe 12 students that come to each game and cheer on the niners. My freshman year they went on a 21 home win streak almost broke the NCAA record and barely anyone showed up for the last 2 home games against Temple and GW both which were great games. SO im asking a favor in hopes that we can get students to more games! The A10 womens conference is getting harder and getting more TV attention and i dont want to see a Charlotte Home game on there and be empty. Plus we all bleed Green for all sports so give them a shot! PM me if u got any questions.

JC

Well Zach i might need you to back me up on this one but i think its about that time that UNCC start believing in our womans basketball program. For those of you who do not know Karen Aston from Texas is our new coach and has done GREAT things to our program. This is one of the best recruiting classes our womens team has seen in a while. Along side with the talent we already have now the addition of 5 new players helps a lot. If you have checked Charlotte49ers.cstv.com today then u will notice the addition of Kendra Holmes. This girl can hoop. I know she will have to sit out next year but the womens program is growing and starting to look like a Sweet 16 team. I know many ppl are probably doubting my words but being at every game and seeing what this team is capable of is scary. Im just asking that for once next year and nwe have more students there than parents. I see maybe 12 students that come to each game and cheer on the niners. My freshman year they went on a 21 home win streak almost broke the NCAA record and barely anyone showed up for the last 2 home games against Temple and GW both which were great games. SO im asking a favor in hopes that we can get students to more games! The A10 womens conference is getting harder and getting more TV attention and i dont want to see a Charlotte Home game on there and be empty. Plus we all bleed Green for all sports so give them a shot! PM me if u got any questions.

JC

maybe plead for fans in, I don’t now…November? :lmao:

maybe plead for fans in, I don't now....November? :lmao:

hahah seriously. The timing of this post is a bit odd. Hell we aren’t even talking about the mens bball team right now.

I talked to Karen for about 10 minutes at the Rewards Party last week. She was excited with the class coming in and thought they’d land Kendra Holmes. THe schedule next year will be a good one but I’ll save that for another day (like in November).

hahah seriously. The timing of this post is a bit odd. Hell we aren't even talking about the mens bball team right now.

Ha yea i know i just got excited about the signing and then got depressed bc we have no fans ha

Ha yea i know i just got excited about the signing and then got depressed bc we have no fans ha

Hey we are just giving you a hard time. We all love the enthusiasm, I wish we had more fans like yourself. I go to a few womens games a year regardless of loyalty pts, and I too wish we had more fans in the house. Should be an exciting season comming up for the lady 9ers hoops team!

[QUOTE=HP49er;319405]I talked to Karen for about 10 minutes at the Rewards Party last week. She was excited with the class coming in and thought they’d land Kendra Holmes. THe schedule next year will be a good one but I’ll save that for another day (like in November).[/QUOTE]

Charlotte.com: Holmes transfers back home, to play for 49ers

Charlotte49ers.com: Charlotte Prep and Providence College Standout Kendria Holmes Joins The 49ers Women’s Hoops Program

BTW, 49ernewyear, it’s okay to use paragraphs! :tongue:

I really enjoy the Women’s games and am glad to hear the Coach Aston is happy with the incoming recruits. Every coach has to put their stamp on a team, but one thing that I really liked about the Meier/Butler teams was their non-stop hustle and the kneepads they wore to symbolize a commitment to it. Last year’s team not-withstanding, you don’t see this enough in the men’s game anymore. When I saw that Aston’s team had abandoned the kneepads I hoped it was just a fashion choice, but for a team that was almost the same as the previous year’s I did not see the results I was hoping for this season. We have been steadily building the program and took a step backwards I think. Perhaps it was just a hiccup as we brought in the new coach. I will be there next season to see, and she has my support, but I want to see hustle whether we wear the kneepads or not.

[QUOTE=49ernewyear;319388]Well Zach i might need you to back me up on this one but i think its about that time that UNCC start believing in our womans basketball program. For those of you who do not know Karen Aston from Texas is our new coach and has done GREAT things to our program. This is one of the best recruiting classes our womens team has seen in a while. Along side with the talent we already have now the addition of 5 new players helps a lot. If you have checked Charlotte49ers.cstv.com today then u will notice the addition of Kendra Holmes. This girl can hoop. I know she will have to sit out next year but the womens program is growing and starting to look like a Sweet 16 team. I know many ppl are probably doubting my words but being at every game and seeing what this team is capable of is scary. Im just asking that for once next year and nwe have more students there than parents. I see maybe 12 students that come to each game and cheer on the niners. My freshman year they went on a 21 home win streak almost broke the NCAA record and barely anyone showed up for the last 2 home games against Temple and GW both which were great games. SO im asking a favor in hopes that we can get students to more games! The A10 womens conference is getting harder and getting more TV attention and i dont want to see a Charlotte Home game on there and be empty. Plus we all bleed Green for all sports so give them a shot! PM me if u got any questions.

JC[/QUOTE]

Paragraphs… They are your friends.

Save myself and a few others, the IQ round here aint too gud. You needs to keap it simple to get yur point a cross.

Has Charlotte ever had as much going on in the past?

promising mens AND womens hoops
baseball team that appears in the national poles
golf being in the top 5 in the nation
a sick track team
a couple great soccer teams (mens and womens)
a softball team that finished high in the conference
and a tennis team that has had a couple players in the national spotlight

proud to be a niner - I thikn all of our teams need a little more support!

Has Charlotte ever had as much going on in the past?

promising mens AND womens hoops
baseball team that appears in the national poles
golf being in the top 5 in the nation
a sick track team
a couple great soccer teams (mens and womens)
a softball team that finished high in the conference
and a tennis team that has had a couple players in the national spotlight

proud to be a niner - I thikn all of our teams need a little more support!

To answer your question, yes we have.

To answer your question, yes we have.

short and sweet answer I guess…

I’ll be there next season. I am in the very small minority that genuinely likes women’s basketball. I follow the WNBA and everything. I know, weird.

I'll be there next season. I am in the very small minority that genuinely likes women's basketball. I follow the WNBA and everything. I know, weird.

ahha I like womens bball - the WNBA on the other hand… thats a little steep…

…go…niners?

i took the midnight train going anywhere.

JC

Within the last 4 years, I have missed 2 women’s games… I have been to ALL of the tournament games…

I’m just gonna be blunt with this… I do not like Aston at all… Butler was a MUCH better coach. I dont know anything about the recruiting aston has been doing, but i have seen plenty of her on the court… The tournament at St. Joe’s this past year was horrible. She did little if any coaching… Most of the time, she just sat on the bench and watched.

When it was announced that she would be the new coach, I had hopes for the team. But, she is not what everyone thought she was…

I hope I’m wrong, i really do… I hope at the end of this season, she has proven me wrong… But as of now, I think she needs to go elsewhere.

Within the last 4 years, I have missed 2 women's games... I have been to ALL of the tournament games...

I’m just gonna be blunt with this… I do not like Aston at all… Butler was a MUCH better coach. I dont know anything about the recruiting aston has been doing, but i have seen plenty of her on the court… The tournament at St. Joe’s this past year was horrible. She did little if any coaching… Most of the time, she just sat on the bench and watched.

When it was announced that she would be the new coach, I had hopes for the team. But, she is not what everyone thought she was…

I hope I’m wrong, i really do… I hope at the end of this season, she has proven me wrong… But as of now, I think she needs to go elsewhere.

While I’m not exactly to the “I don’t like Aston” level, I will agree with the sentiment that Butler was a better coach.

The team this year was only fun to watch on occasion (like the Virginia Tech game). They lacked the hustle and 100% effort mentality that Butler’s teams had. Watching the 06-07 team hustle was a blast, they always left everything on the court, and it was easy to tell.

With this year’s squad, the effort was there, but it seemed unorganized and chaotic, and definitely didn’t have the same intensity.

Give her time though, she has a completely different coaching style from Butler, and the players are still getting acclimated to that.

I liked Amanda Butler because she was well-dressed, well-spoken, extremely personable, and made her team work as hard as they were capable of on the court. It remains to be seen whether any of those adjectives can be applie to Coach Aston, but the early signs don’t look too promising on at least of them.

I think a lot of it has to do with two different styles of basketball. This past season with Aston was a different style of play compared to what Coach Butler had the girls doing. If Coach Aston sticks around for a while and everyone gets use to her style then things will look better.

I liked Amanda Butler because she was well-dressed, well-spoken, extremely personable, and made her team work as hard as they were capable of on the court. It remains to be seen whether any of those adjectives can be applie to Coach Aston, but the early signs don't look too promising on at least of them.

You thought she was hot, just say it.