Are you ready for some niners basketball?

[quote=“cptn319, post:20, topic:28260”][quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:28260”]As soon as basketball season starts, my focus switches to basketball.

Football is just a nice distraction until basketball gets here.[/quote]

Wow. Thought I was the only one who felt this way.[/quote]

With the history of our athletic program I would say more than half of the people on this board feel this way. I think it’s fitting that our first basketball game and our last home football game are on the same weekend

FYI today is last day for seating with priority assignment.

After the shit show that has been niner basketball the past nearly ten years and that 187x3 is almost 600 bucks I have decided to say goodbye to 226. Just couldn’t bring myself to spend that much money when even the AD acknowledged this year didn’t mean much. I am now in the blue family zone. 4 tickets at 304 with fees. Sorry 226 folks - I will miss you, oh who are we kidding - Halton has been dead so I will just come sit with you guys anyway.

What section is everyone else sitting in? Still 226? J_fail, nlp, 2k?

You havent been to a game in Halton lately have you?[/quote]

I’m ashamed to admit my last game IN HALTON was the Miami game year before last… I didn’t make it down the mountain last year… thanks grad life. Plan to make that change this year, though.

And I wore flannel because it was december and cold. Miami was a great squad, and people were excited… and then we died.

However – I will say that I remember vividly walking to Halton in either 2006 or 2007 when we were AWFUL. I had recruited every single kid I could in my dorm and coaxed them with “no really, we can sit lower level!” We were excited. It was cold. I’ll never forget it. My first times were when we sucked. So…no dreams ruined here!

You havent been to a game in Halton lately have you?[/quote]

I’m ashamed to admit my last game IN HALTON was the Miami game year before last… I didn’t make it down the mountain last year… thanks grad life. Plan to make that change this year, though.

And I wore flannel because it was december and cold. Miami was a great squad, and people were excited… and then we died.

However – I will say that I remember vividly walking to Halton in either 2006 or 2007 when we were AWFUL. I had recruited every single kid I could in my dorm and coaxed them with “no really, we can sit lower level!” We were excited. It was cold. I’ll never forget it. My first times were when we sucked. So…no dreams ruined here![/quote]Same here :frowning:

Maybe its just me, but I don’t really think Halton has a ‘dead’ atmosphere? I remember the X, UMass, and VCU games as being pretty damn lively. Students do a good job and it still gets really loud - sure not for every single game - which is no different than anywhere else.

I’m excited for the start of basketball. Interested to see what the freshmen bring to the table, as well as how guys like Henry, Clayton, Thorne, and T Will have progressed. I hate that we don’t have more experienced depth, because I think our starters can be pretty good, just not sure we have much backing them up.

I am very excited for bball. Football is awesome and I am glad we have it, but I love college basketball more than college football and we have the chance to actually play for something in basketball.

Maybe the attention the f-ball team is getting will positively motivate the b-ball team too. ;D

Maybe the attention the f-ball team is getting will positively motivate the b-ball team too. ;D[/quote]

Last thing you want is a sausage fest

Maybe the attention the f-ball team is getting will positively motivate the b-ball team too. ;D[/quote]

Last thing you want is a sausage fest[/quote]

??? ???

clt says Halton is quiet when compared to 96-00, but it is not dead.

I hate the schedule conflict with football on 11-2 and 2 Friday night games. Otherwise I’m ready to support the NINERS as I have since 1971.

This was the hardest ticket renewal I have ever done. Going to games these past few years has been more work than fun. Next year is shaping up to be good - but I am not excited about this coming season. I got tickets more out of a sense of duty than anything. I love college basketball - I just am ready for going to our games to be more fun than torture. I think I am enjoying football because there really isnt anything to play for. They are just fun. The fact that we could and we have competed at a higher level makes basketball these days difficult.

I renewed yesterday. I also enjoy it more than football. I love watching football, but there is something about going to the basketball games that I enjoy just a little more.

I didn’t renew because of the reasons you just mentioned, I’m not shelling out another 300+ bucks for this year because “next year” is it. The points really don’t matter anymore anyway because of the set seats for football.

I did not renew either… I’m a student again so I know I can get a ticket when I want to go this season. Buying would have been tough anyway, but when I’m already paying in the form of student fees, it made it impossible.

I didn’t renew because of the reasons you just mentioned, I’m not shelling out another 300+ bucks for this year because “next year” is it. The points really don’t matter anymore anyway because of the set seats for football.[/quote]

I wasn’t going to renew, but I ended up doing the green zone for $105/each instead of my regular alumni seats at $187/seat. I want to support the school, but I probably won’t attend all the games this year.

It just isn’t fun dedicating so much time to a team that can only beat a cupcake schedule and then get embarrassed year after year when it comes time to man up. We’ll probably win 18 games this year, extend Major, and still never make the NCAA or win an NIT game for another decade. We are just treading the waters of mediocrity.

^ next year is our year! Seriously, if we don’t do something in the 2014-2015 season then not sure we ever will in the near future.

Really can’t wait to see what happens this post-braswell year.

I didn’t renew because of the reasons you just mentioned, I’m not shelling out another 300+ bucks for this year because “next year” is it. The points really don’t matter anymore anyway because of the set seats for football.[/quote]

I wasn’t going to renew, but I ended up doing the green zone for $105/each instead of my regular alumni seats at $187/seat. I want to support the school, but I probably won’t attend all the games this year.

It just isn’t fun dedicating so much time to a team that can only beat a cupcake schedule and then get embarrassed year after year when it comes time to man up. We’ll probably win 18 games this year, extend Major, and still never make the NCAA or win an NIT game for another decade. We are just treading the waters of mediocrity.[/quote]This is what I’m doing.

We won’t extend Major though. We just did. No reason to do it again after this season.

Didn’t know that. That’s sad. Wish I hadn’t renewed then. Mediocrity until 2018.