Article on Lutz's rebuilding

Very nice read.

http://www.charlotte.com/144/story/67031.html

Nice work again Jim

Yes, very nice breakdown!

[I]“I don’t think this team was a 25-win team by any means. But if you look at any number of games, we were one or two possessions away from winning down the stretch. A few of those change, and you have 10 or 11 wins in the league and your whole outlook changes.”

[/I]This is the only part i really had a big problem with. There were a handful of games that it was over by halftime.
We lost by my count 4 games by 1 or 2 possesions, how many of those we lead by double digits at halftime?
We also won a handful of games by 1 or two possesions, what if those swing the other way.
So what if we finish with 10-11 wins in conference? We got worked by the 9th seed in the tourney so i don’t think finishing higher would have helped.

Vaarry Niiice…

Good article and very accurate. Glad to hear Lutz grasped what happened this season. Lets hope he can get things straight. I am on edge about a contract extension right now but hopefully he earns it next season and the year after.

Nice article Jim.

The Niners used to talk about reloading-> Now it’s back to the drawing board. Folks, don’t expect much different next season from this one. Wow, how we have slipped!

Agree on starting over, disagree on slipped. See my novel in the other thread.

Lutz has decided to stop recruiting based on accolades and instead recruit to his system. It would be nice to be able to recruit the best players possible and alter the system to fit them, but Bobby wants to play his brand of ball and we missed on a lot of hyped players anyway.

Great article! Thanks!

AWESOME article. Did you notice Lutz talking about wanting to have a speedy, athletic system? Did you see “shoot the 3” anywhere in that article? This is what half the people on this forum have been complaining about. I love it. Although we might not immediately see it next year because of growing young players and immediate chemistry trouble, this team will be great fun to watch and will grow a lot. I look forward to it.

I doubt serously lutz is changing his “3 ball” philosophy…

Also , lets just see what pans out instead of getting all excited prematurely.

Me thinks he gets one more year and if no improvement adios and to Judy as well.

The Niners used to talk about [U][B]reloading[/B][/U]-> Now it's back to the drawing board. Folks, don't expect much different next season from this one. Wow, how we have slipped!

There are only a few schools who do this (I’m sure you know a few), this school has never done it… at that level or any level.

i think we’ll be ok by the end of next season. good article by jim utter on this. you can tell he’s a 49er himself.

I got a feeling from this article that Lutz is recommiting himself to the program and moving more away from the funk he was in after not getting the UT job. That’s good. It’d better be. One more year of slippage and he would not be very popular here any more and Luoooooootz would be booooooooooooz!

lets just see what pans out instead of getting all excited prematurely

we dont have footbal yet, so dont kill the only thing i have to get excited about prematurely or not…:huh:

[QUOTE=ninerball49;228263]AWESOME article. Did you notice Lutz talking about wanting to have a speedy, athletic system? Did you see “shoot the 3” anywhere in that article? This is what half the people on this forum have been complaining about. I love it. Although we might not immediately see it next year because of growing young players and immediate chemistry trouble, this team will be great fun to watch and will grow a lot. I look forward to it.[/QUOTE]

He’s been saying this for sometime yet the performance is the same on the court, lots of 3’s. Love Lutz or hate Lutz but he believes in an offense built around the 3 point shot. I don’t see this changing but would looooooooove to be proved wrong. As others have said, give him the remainder of his contract, no extension yet, to see if can turn it around.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;228298]There are only a few schools who do this (I’m sure you know a few), this school has never done it… at that level or any level.[/QUOTE]
Do you know anything about our history in the 90s. Or are you mike p. undercover. Ban mike!

[QUOTE=49er1;228306]I got a feeling from this article that Lutz is recommiting himself to the program and moving more away from the funk he was in after not getting the UT job. That’s good. It’d better be. One more year of slippage and he would not be very popular here any more and Luoooooootz would be booooooooooooz![/QUOTE]
I agree. I think he is really rebuilding this time. Heck, even Metro is a little optomistic so you have to buy into it! I hope we can stay healthy.