Article: One day Charlotte will be one of the best jobs in Conference USA

I guess he didn’t want to lead with Charlotte sucks, cause that’s the gist of the rest of the article. He ranked our HC job as #13 of 14 in CUSA, which is a joke. Called us the ugly girl.

It’s one of the higher paying, in a talent rich territory, with very nice, if undersized facilities, and you get to live in one of the best metropolitan areas in the southeast. Couple that with supportive relationship with the local pro team, and its easily on of the better jobs in the league.

He also said that our initial season was “abysmal”. Who sets the bar for that? 2-10 is not only what we expected, but it’s pretty much par for 1st year FBS teams, and oh yeah we won our very first game and beat a bowl team in doing so. We choked away a W @ODU, and had one stolen from us by the refs at home vs UTSA. We had a very good chance of beating FAU, but coughed the ball up on our last drive.

I don’t get the animosity towards our program from conference mates. ODU had to go with a running clock in their opening season, but they get a pass?

And for anyone who actually watches football, if our QBR was higher than the prom queen’s age, we would have coasted to at least 4 wins, which was " awesome " when UTSA did it in the pathetic WAC.

Point being, I’m tired of seeing our fledging program kicked around while it is still finding its legs. Think some of these people are just butthurt that an FCS program with great potential got the nod over yet another low ceiling slumbelt program.

Great post NA.

[quote=“chidave, post:3, topic:30294”]Great post NA.[/quote]Agree. NA puts it in proper perspective.

…and you get to work for Judy!

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:2, topic:30294”]I guess he didn’t want to lead with Charlotte sucks, cause that’s the gist of the rest of the article. He ranked our HC job as #13 of 14 in CUSA, which is a joke. Called us the ugly girl.

It’s one of the higher paying, in a talent rich territory, with very nice, if undersized facilities, and you get to live in one of the best metropolitan areas in the southeast. Couple that with supportive relationship with the local pro team, and its easily on of the better jobs in the league.

He also said that our initial season was “abysmal”. Who sets the bar for that? 2-10 is not only what we expected, but it’s pretty much par for 1st year FBS teams, and oh yeah we won our very first game and beat a bowl team in doing so. We choked away a W @ODU, and had one stolen from us by the refs at home vs UTSA. We had a very good chance of beating FAU, but coughed the ball up on our last drive.

I don’t get the animosity towards our program from conference mates. ODU had to go with a running clock in their opening season, but they get a pass?

And for anyone who actually watches football, if our QBR was higher than the prom queen’s age, we would have coasted to at least 4 wins, which was " awesome " when UTSA did it in the pathetic WAC.

Point being, I’m tired of seeing our fledging program kicked around while it is still finding its legs. Think some of these people are just butthurt that an FCS program with great potential got the nod over yet another low ceiling slumbelt program.[/quote]
I don’t agree with NA on a whole lot of stuff, but this post is 100% accurate.

I didn’t take it as that much of a slap. 13th is more of a slap than the article.

If I had to guess I’d go
Marshall
USM
LT
UAB
WKU
ODU
MTSU
NT
Charlotte
FAU
UTEP
FIU
Rice
UTSA

Why 9th?
Uphill battle for traction
Zero coverage outside of wccb in local town
Smallest stadium with no foreseeable expansion plans (why I rated ODU, UAB, LT higher than I normally would have)
Incompetent leadership
Sports budget on low end of peers

I don’t buy the no chance at expansion angle. I think there are already plans, though I question the execution.

I wouldn’t argue that we are top 5 or whatever right now. I was curious though why you put NT above us? Stadium? Its so GD hot though that they have a trouble drawing to any day games. They’re like us but worse. And their program was a mess this past season. Maybe its back on track. Anyway… Im babbling. It’s splitting hairs really.

Judy and CHP are the obstacles, and winning games is the primary hurdle, between us and success/making this an even better job.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:8, topic:30294”]I don’t buy the no chance at expansion angle. I think there are already plans, though I question the execution.

I wouldn’t argue that we are top 5 or whatever right now. I was curious though why you put NT above us? Stadium? Its so GD hot though that they have a trouble drawing to any day games. They’re like us but worse. And their program was a mess this past season. Maybe its back on track. Anyway… Im babbling. It’s splitting hairs really.

Judy and CHP are the obstacles, and winning games is the primary hurdle, between us and success/making this an even better job.[/quote]
Stadium expansion and NT pays their coach 20% more than we do. (And he doesn’t pay state income tax on that)

Everything else being a wash.

At one time I would have disagreed with this, but now I am in total agreement.

Actually, at one time NA would have probably disagreed with his statement.

The last few Underdog Dynasty articles I have read have been very poor quality.

clt thinks it is a nice job.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:11, topic:30294”]The last few Underdog Dynasty articles I have read have been very poor quality.[/quote]Minimal research done on their end about our roster when they write something about us.