Assistant coaches for Sanchez

It’s not Metro. Uville is from the old NNN, if he wants to reveal who he is from that site I’ll tel him.

When I read what 2k wrote my first thought wasn’t that he was trying to brag at all about knowing but that he was letting us know the answer should arrive shortly. I for one appreciate knowing that I should have a name soon and appreciate that he let us know that much. Thanks 2k for what you do and the others just seem jealous that you know something they do not.

2 Likes

2K , Any info from your sources as to when a formal announcement might be forthcoming

@hky49er No, I’m not sure of a timeline from the AD. I’d like to imagine it comes out today, but no clue how things are being worked out on the back end.

7/20: Man City v Dortmund in Chicago 7/22: Liverpool v Dortmund in Charlotte 7/25: AC Milan v Man U in Pasadena 7/25: Man City v Liverpool in E Rutherford, NJ 7/25: Roma v Spurs in San Diego 7/25: Dortmund v Benfica in Pittsburgh 7/25: Juventus v Bayern Munich in Philly

@Agent49, good to know it isn’t metro, and funny how you knew exactly who I meant.

Yep. Not sure how I’d feel though if compared to him. :joy:

My thoughts as well, this thread got silly.

We need more to talk about.

You’re the man 2K. I know the majority of us are greatly appreciative for your dedication in providing any Niner news.

I am happy we have filled the staff out and I know the name will come out when the school and staff are ready to release it.

1 Like

In this case, everyone had been hammering on Dinkins and the delay of acceptance for over a week, so it made total sense for 2K to share that things were finalized, even if he couldn’t divulge further. While announcing the name of the 3rd assistant wasn’t his place, letting us all know a deal was done was doing everyone a favor who had been on pins and needles over what the hell was taking so long.

I said this earlier, but for me, I just wasn’t clear on if he was sharing only what he could, or if there was more to know and I just hadn’t seen it yet. I’ll assume more accurately next time, but I think 2K could make sure to include a partial leak disclaimer next time making it clear that he is only sharing partial news due to an announcement forthcoming. Then I’ll know to say thank you and wait for the news as opposed to wondering if I had missed an actual announcement or something in the shoutbox.

FWIW, yes this thread got ridiculous. Any personal attacks on 2K is unbelievable. Good news is, user base is returning, bad news, it comes with folks with old axes to grind.

1 Like

OK, the college season is over, and assistants at that level could and do leave programs this time of year all of the time. If we have filled the 3rd slot, and that person is on a college staff, then waiting to announce it makes no sense. Therefore, it must be somebody not currently coaching college ball. It could be somebody not in coaching, that wants to get a start, but has business obligations to clear up–Jobey Thomas, Diego Guevara, etc–but I don’t think so. It could be a former coach not currently working in the field–Demarco Johnson, Rob Moxley, or Bobby Lutz–but they would announce it now, and I think that seems unlikely anyway. Or it could be a high school coach waiting until the end of the school year–Byron Dinkins, Kedrick Smith ('92, current assistant to his dad at Peabody HS, Alexandria, LA. His dad has 973 wins. 27 district titles. Seven state championships.) I might rather have Kedrick than Byron.

A high school coach makes the most sense, and Dinkins would seem to be the most likely. I think this is going to happen.

Carmel Christian’s last day of school is May 25, FWIW.

Could they not make the announcement and he still finish out the school year? Surely they won’t wait another month to make the announcement as news would leak out before then

Why are you guys worrying about it? Seat is filled. Move on.

I repeat, the delay has NOTHING to do with Byron’s school schedule or contract. A high school coach could have consistent contact with recruits RIGHT NOW, without having to follow NCAA rules if they had already signed a contract.

During a dead period, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

NCAA

Which is why the school may wait to announce a high school coach coming on board.

If there is a reason to let it drag out, I’ll trust in Sanchez/Hill to make the best decision for the program.

1 Like

Ditto !